Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: East Asia Super League’s The Terrific 12 September 17-22 2019

Quote Originally Posted by drrrrrr View Post
    Lol Kiefer’s handle is worts he dribbles awkwardly pogoy has better handle than him imo
    I think Kiefer is a decent ball handler not as good or fancy as Romeo yes but still do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bones View Post
    So the debate now is Baba
    better than Romeo or is it Kiefer because Baba will be in the NBA?

If that is the basis ayoko na makipag-debate
    I don't even know baba. I'll limit my argument to ball handling and shot making. I wasn't even saying romeo is NBA material. Maybe if he was 6'1 or 6'2
    Last edited by astigram04; 09-20-2019 at 03:37 PM.

I actually get it, (and stand corrected - nothing about making the NBA pala yung topic), asti was just talking about ball handling skills
    On that note there are actually a lot of Philippine players who have NBA level handles, like Melencio of Lasalle, that's really not a revelation. But like we all know it doesn't really mean much in terms of level of basketball.
    Making the NBA is very much about combine measurements relative to age. (potential). Skills like handles (can be developed and many actually have but in not combine body NBA measurement physical standards

It's no secret that if our top players were 3 inches taller then we would have many NBA players by now
    Last edited by analyzed; 09-20-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Given with a proper teammate who can cover up his faults especially on defense, TR is a world class scorer. He is similar to Allen Iverson, who has team mates who covered up his weakness. Even Iverson admit that his team mate really help him on his weakness in defense and just ask him to score and dominate.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 09-20-2019 at 08:47 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I mean you can see from the vid Baba’s very athletic and a big guard. Actually I’d say comparable locally to Bobby ray parks jr though I think Baba is more athletic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post

I mean you can see from the vid Baba’s very athletic and a big guard. Actually I’d say comparable locally to Bobby ray parks jr though I think Baba is more athletic.
    Is he really 6'6 though? His frame is misleading. He's as tall as Kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Speaking of length possessed with skill set, in that video you can see how fluid mobile and skilled Watanabe is for a 6 9 player

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Speaking of length possessed with skill set, in that video you can see how fluid mobile and skilled Watanabe is for a 6 9 player
    He moves so fluidly for a 6'9 player. Even Baba. He moves like a sub 6 foot player. He doesn't look awkward when handling the ball

He moves so fluidly for a 6'9 player. Even Baba. He moves like a sub 6 foot player. He doesn't look awkward when handling the ball
    And he's a very willing passer and good shooter. Can finish at the rim at high speed.

6’4 but he’s like a combo guard

If that clip is the basis, I don't really get it how you arrived at "more athletic than parks". I'd say he's got some quickness but athleticism is at best, average.

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    If that clip is the basis, I don't really get it how you arrived at "more athletic than parks". I'd say he's got some quickness but athleticism is at best, average.

Having watched Baba for a while now I’d say Baba is more explosive. Bobby just isn’t as quick as Baba and is more ground based, like Baba glides through the air which allows him to finish really well with contact and with control in the air. I haven’t really seen that from Parks. Baba just looks average if you compare him to say an nba superstar like russel Westbrook but he’s way above average, honestly he’s not super creative with his dunks always that one hand punch but he’s actually very athletic. Quick first step. Honestly sometimes asians get underestimated for athleticism but I mean Jeremy Lin was actually really athletic (ranked second only to John wall in the combine when it came to speed)
    https://youtu.be/uJEDBaGmL8U

Having watched Baba for a while now I’d say Baba is more explosive. Bobby just isn’t as quick as Baba and is more ground based, like Baba glides through the air which allows him to finish really well with contact and with control in the air. I haven’t really seen that from Parks. Baba just looks average if you compare him to say an nba superstar like russel Westbrook but he’s way above average, honestly he’s not super creative with his dunks always that one hand punch but he’s actually very athletic. Quick first step. Honestly sometimes asians get underestimated for athleticism but I mean Jeremy Lin was actually really athletic (ranked second only to John wall in the combine when it came to speed)
    https://youtu.be/uJEDBaGmL8U

So, the basis really wasn't the clip that was posted. If that was it, I'd really disagree. I cN even say abando is far more athletic, Tyler lamb is far more athletic

There is something in common with the 3 NBA Japanese players, which gives us an idea of what it takes to make the NBA, and that really is the importance of having an NBA body (combine measurements), contrary to what some have been suggesting the importance of having the right agent, connections isn't nearly as important. (You will get some interest even if your not connected). The biggest thing really is having the right body for NBA teams to develop.

So, the basis really wasn't the clip that was posted. If that was it, I'd really disagree. I cN even say abando is far more athletic, Tyler lamb is far more athletic
    I’d say he’s more athletic than Abando, haven’t watched enough of Tyler lamb to really say

I’d say he’s more athletic than Abando, haven’t watched enough of Tyler lamb to really say
    But that's not solely based on that clip, right? If that's it, no, but he's more skilled

But that's not solely based on that clip, right? If that's it, no, but he's more skilled
    Not based on those clips but if there was a player I’d compare locally athletically to Yudai baba it’d be Renz Palma. Difference through palma is 6’1 and apparently a “rim protector” as described on his draft day for some reason. If was a point guard...

Not based on those clips but if there was a player I’d compare locally athletically to Yudai baba it’d be Renz Palma. Difference through palma is 6’1 and apparently a “rim protector” as described on his draft day for some reason. If was a point guard...

I liked his game back in UE. If he could shift to a point guard he would be a good PBA All Star. Where is he now? Last I heard of him he got caught playing ligang labas.

Default tale of two Renz'

the more reason we should train Abando overseas and improve his point guard skills, so he'll become a good combo guard.Just imagine Abando having very good handles like Jamal Crawford.That's one athletic Jamal Crawford for the Philippines. Same thing with that PBA guy and Abando's katokayo, Renz Palma.Both of them needs to have to acquire very good to excellent ball handling skills.I can see Palma as a poor man's Lou Williams.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    the more reason we should train Abando overseas and improve his point guard skills, so he'll become a good combo guard.Just imagine Abando having very good handles like Jamal Crawford.That's one athletic Jamal Crawford for the Philippines. Same thing with that PBA guy and Abando's katokayo, Renz Palma.Both of them needs to have to acquire very good to excellent ball handling skills.I can see Palma as a poor man's Lou Williams.
    Actually easy for our 6’ 2” —6’ 5” guys to do, our genetics allow for the coordination needed. Minsan, lack of effort na rin on players’ part, minsan wrong priorities and focus in training, and ultimately the lack of avenue/opportunities to get reps. Look at Tungcab. If he continues at this rate he’d be a serviceable guard, esp because he’s athletic and moves well laterally.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast