Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 575

Thread: East Asia Super League’s The Terrific 12 September 17-22 2019

  1. #541
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    921
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    hope in the future this league will invite some nbl teams.. it will further level up the competition..
    Invite some middle East team first.. they have also strong teams there..

  2. #542
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    hope in the future this league will invite some nbl teams.. it will further level up the competition..
    Say goodbye to our chances for a podium finish.

    Apparently it's a big deal already that Born Ready followed TR.

    SMB would've have gone further IMO if they've taken this more seriously. But the grandslam is more prestige I guess

  3. #543
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,724
    Country: Philippines

    Default SMB sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by shootingbwakaw View Post
    not full strength but Wells > Lassiter, Prosper = Junmar. So the Grandslam-seeking, unbeatable pro team in the Philippines is a good 4th placer vs other ASIAn pro teams. This is where we stand.
    So the current most dominant team in the PBA is only good for 4th place in East Asia. This for me isn't acceptable. You could sense that SMB just used this tournament as a tune-up for the PBA 3rd conference. I don't think SMB was really that determined to win as many games as it can. I don't give a damn that SMB is missing a No. of key players. The fact that SMB's line-up is as deep as the Marianas Trench & it is playing with 2 imports, I think SMB should have placed 3rd in this tournament.

    The thing is, those Chinese, Korean & Japanese teams aren't as deep as SMB.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  4. #544
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,634
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    How come TNT's scrubs managed to kept the game close?

    Madami pang bigas kakainin ng players natin bago ma sign para maging benchwarmers sa NBA
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    So the current most dominant team in the PBA is only good for 4th place in East Asia. This for me isn't acceptable. You could sense that SMB just used this tournament as a tune-up for the PBA 3rd conference. I don't think SMB was really that determined to win as many games as it can. I don't give a damn that SMB is missing a No. of key players. The fact that SMB's line-up is as deep as the Marianas Trench & it is playing with 2 imports, I think SMB should have placed 3rd in this tournament.

    The thing is, those Chinese, Korean & Japanese teams aren't as deep as SMB.
    that's exactly the reason why i don't smc to take over the sbp and gilas program. they will participate but they will be half-hearted.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  5. #545
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    MGR has the physical tools and handles but is tentative on offense. Sayang.
    MGR was touted as the next Norwood. Seems like that's no longer the case.

  6. #546
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,724
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Well the top 3 finishers all have 2 imports. Wells is overrated imo, he always wants to iso and takes away touches from his teammates. The system of SMB sucks, if only TnT wasn’t using their scrubs they would’ve gone farther.
    SMB had difficulty disposing the Ryukyu team of Japan which paraded only 1 import. I heard that Ryukyu was the champion of last year's edition of this tournament, but looking at the SMB-Ryukyu game, I think Ryukyu locals aren't really that good. For one, Ryukyu doesn't have a good quality big man.

    Arwind "Bagyo" Santos sucked the whole tournament. Ang galing-galing nya maglaro sa PBA but in the international game, balibag-tae ang mga tira.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  7. #547
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,724
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Invite some middle East team first.. they have also strong teams there..
    Some of those Middle East teams like that of Lebanon & Iran are even stronger because their respective pro leagues have only few teams, hence hindi masyado spread out yung talents.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  8. #548
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,596

    Default

    This is an alarming trend that we keep on sending teams just to participate. Why did we bother even joining in the first place if winning isn't the goal?

  9. #549
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,338

    Default

    meralco was competitive last champs cup despite lemon stone... smb used its bench al.ost beat full zhejiang team...all teams here use this a s tune up tournaments with a good bounty. liaoning sat out their stars
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  10. #550
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,098
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    This is an alarming trend that we keep on sending teams just to participate. Why did we bother even joining in the first place if winning isn't the goal?
    Tune-up games for them lol.
    Bongga ng tune-up games nila, against foreign teams pa.

  11. #551
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    meralco was competitive last champs cup despite lemon stone... smb used its bench al.ost beat full zhejiang team...all teams here use this a s tune up tournaments with a good bounty. liaoning sat out their stars
    I still want to beat those Chinese teams. What makes it worse for me is that they didn't even go 100% themselves and still routed us. Are we really that bad?

  12. #552
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,048
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    I still want to beat those Chinese teams. What makes it worse for me is that they didn't even go 100% themselves and still routed us. Are we really that bad?
    Well we didn’t go 100% either. And they have more money for better imports.

  13. #553
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,304
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shootingbwakaw View Post
    not full strength but Wells > Lassiter, Prosper = Junmar. So the Grandslam-seeking, unbeatable pro team in the Philippines is a good 4th placer vs other ASIAn pro teams. This is where we stand.
    Wells actually did more harm than good. He killed the team's ball movement. That SMB team that beat TNT in the finals plus a healthy lassiter wouldve beaten that liaoning team. Arwind, except for some great blocks, was another big reason why this SMB Team sucked. How does a team break the zone when you brick threes like that.

  14. #554
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Well we didn’t go 100% either. And they have more money for better imports.
    And were the ones who got routed. This is after SMB announced that will reclaim our "lost honor" at the WC by winning this tourney. Why did we bother hiring 2 imports if winning wasn't the goal?

  15. #555
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,048
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    And were the ones who got routed. This is after SMB announced that will reclaim our "lost honor" at the WC by winning this tourney. Why did we bother hiring 2 imports if winning wasn't the goal?
    Clearly that was a lie. From the games I’ve watched most teams didn’t go 100%.

  16. #556
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,724
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Wells actually did more harm than good. He killed the team's ball movement. That SMB team that beat TNT in the finals plus a healthy lassiter wouldve beaten that liaoning team. Arwind, except for some great blocks, was another big reason why this SMB Team sucked. How does a team break the zone when you brick threes like that.
    Arwind's hangin & angas was nowhere to be found in Macau. Which gives me the impression, magaling lang sya sa PBA, outside of the PBA he is no more than a scrub.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  17. #557
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    I still want to beat those Chinese teams. What makes it worse for me is that they didn't even go 100% themselves and still routed us. Are we really that bad?
    no we almost beat their two chinese national teams with a week prep heheh..and no blatche..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  18. #558
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,806
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Arwind's hangin & angas was nowhere to be found in Macau. Which gives me the impression, magaling lang sya sa PBA, outside of the PBA he is no more than a scrub.
    Arwind is no 3. He is an undersized 4. The problem SMB had with imports was not only did they need to get somebody who could play with JF but somebody who could play with Arwind. Basically somebody who can handle the ball on offense but guard the opposing PF on defense. They are exposed with Lassiter injured as they don't have any other decent 3 guy.

  19. #559
    Senior Member mangangalakal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,276
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Arwind's hangin & angas was nowhere to be found in Macau. Which gives me the impression, magaling lang sya sa PBA, outside of the PBA he is no more than a scrub.
    cue solid 'All-is-well' Pinoy priders telling us that Arwind was a bright spot in Yeng's 2007 FIBA Asia team...
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

  20. #560
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,304
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Arwind's hangin & angas was nowhere to be found in Macau. Which gives me the impression, magaling lang sya sa PBA, outside of the PBA he is no more than a scrub.
    That pretty much sums of his career. He's one of those who will dominate inferior competion but can't elevate his game to the next level. (glad bollick and perez aren't like that). But also, he's already past his prime. Baka bukas nasa columbian dyip na yan

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •