Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 PBA Governors Cup

and thatís why JF remain stagnant and content on what he has..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    let him loose weight.. for sure he can dribble naman from the top make a mid range or a floater..
    Because you point out Haddadi skills. Have you seen Haddadi do a floater or pull up jumper from the 3pt line.

Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    This is my last piece on this matter. We are talking about Coach Leo being a dumb coach.

The Iran and Haddadi, you can't be a threat if you are not good at it. In fact some times opponents go to 2-3 zone when he was on top that because they know Haddadi is not a threat in 3pt. They just defended him normally and the cuts and screen were done by guards. And still Haddadi was on the mid post most of the time

The SMB has other plays not only dump the ball to JMF all the time. PnR will guards, Horns play, double high screen all with JMF involved . They have plays for the guard with JMF on the opposite side to not crowd the lane but near enough to run for a offensive rebounds. That's creativity also.

JMF has a mid range jumper also that's why teams also look for it but not as efficient as JMF for post ups. Post play of JMF also for the benefit of other teammates it sometimes a play for a teammate rather than looking for his on shoot. Just like in San Antonio Spurs, Kawhi/TD post ups is for his teammates to get open and score, because of the double team Kawhi attracts.

Again watch SMB games closely its not pure JMF or one on one.
    i didnít say about JF dump the ball.. i just saying the dumb coach should be creative on how to use JF.. and just like sajubeads mentioned.. what is a floater, tear drop? he canít learn that?

thing is the dumb coach should be more creative from the get go when they got CS but sadly as other posters mentioned ďlack of imagination on the dumb coachĒ

you canít change my mind and no one will about him being a dumb coach..

thatís why JFís game doesnít evolve.. the dumb coach doesnít let him do those thing and discourage it..

Because you point out Haddadi skills. Have you seen Haddadi do a floater or pull up jumper from the 3pt line.
    well a big man can learn and look at GS.. he knows how to use a floater.. kai knows. who is a 17 y/o.. JF can’t?

Pido > TC ?

What a horrendous permiter defense by Tim Cone.

Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    What a horrendous permiter defense by Tim Cone.
    Well TC coaching has been out of times already... Thats the reason why he has not won in 3 seasons already inspite of arguably the deepest lineup money can buy... Why shouod you go away from your biggest advantage and go extra small? Let the other team adjust to your size... Granting they may be faster on offense, but make sure on defense the small ball wannabes of other team will suffer defending GS, JA, JDV, and Brownlee.... Tingnan natin if di maunos sa foul ang kalaban...

Tim Cone's midget lineup is no match for Northport's Stan, Escoto, Anthony, Qualls and Elorde lol. Thats a pretty tall lineup

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Well TC coaching has been out of times already... Thats the reason why he has not won in 3 seasons already inspite of arguably the deepest lineup money can buy... Why shouod you go away from your biggest advantage and go extra small? Let the other team adjust to your size... Granting they may be faster on offense, but make sure on defense the small ball wannabes of other team will suffer defending GS, JA, JDV, and Brownlee.... Tingnan natin if di maunos sa foul ang kalaban...
    That's what I don't understand with TC. His team has the obvious height advantage yet he keep forcing his 3 guard line up. L.A, pringle, Thompson are poor defenders. If I were him I will use Greg, Jap, Brownlee combination instead.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Tim Cone's midget lineup is no match for Northport's Stan, Escoto, Anthony, Qualls and Elorde lol. Thats a pretty tall lineup
    Pido actually had that line-up on the floor? if so, that's cool indeed.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

That's what I don't understand with TC. His team has the obvious height advantage yet he keep forcing his 3 guard line up. L.A, pringle, Thompson are poor defenders. If I were him I will use Greg, Jap, Brownlee combination instead.
    Tim still doesn't trust Japeth IMO. The PF in Tim Cone teams needs to be smart
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    What do you mean? He actually trust Japeth more than Greg. He just don't know how to use them both effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    And he doesnt trust Greg either, and JDV is just coming of injury...Ginebra was successful. With that big lineup before, dont know they had to revert to that small ball, probably to appease the Barangay Run and Gun fans... Naiba na daw kasi laro ng GSM ng pagdating ni Cone..

I agree not a bad idea, may contention is the JF post play is to attract double teams. That will leave a teammate wide open to cut, shoot or spot up. Its actually a play for his teammates not for him. If the opponent don't double team then JMF will go for his shots. He needs to established his post play to force the double teams.

He actually has a mid range jumper and he shoots it when a guard penetrates in the middle and get double team. In which the guard can pass the ball to JMF for short jumper. Ofcourse JMF can also attack the lane. Imagine how many times will it be efficient if the kick out to JMF is in the 3pt line. If some one close out can you think JMF can dribble 22 Ft to the basket and score. His defender might be quick enough to recover to defend the drive of JMF. If his quick as Japeth and with the handle of Sean Anthony then I am ok with it. Its not only his 3pt shooting that needs to improve when you are a corner 3pt shooter.
    JF doesnt need to be fast to have a driving game. Jokic is slow and lumbering but he drives. It is indeed just the imagination of the coach. If he was handled by a coach who sees development is as important as winning he probably would have a perimeter game.

What do you mean? He actually trust Japeth more than Greg. He just don't know how to use them both effectively.
    Greg is just playing backup minutes to Japeth... Japs really has Nerbiyos problems, nawawala pag playoffs or Gilas games where stakes are high... He is good only on. Elimination games..

GSM should evaluate the viability of GS and Japs duo, if you cant play them both, then they might as well ezplore for a trade... Actually its easier to play Japs and Greg together than JF and CS, as Japs has perimeter shot while CS has erratic perimeter shooting... GSM has been successful when GS has been the focal point of offense, nainjured lang, then the minions came in, Tenorio, Scottie was given bigger role, Cagiwa clamored for lesser role and Pringle happened... Instead of GS and Japs as fhe main palyers, they just becone an afterthought because of Guars centric play...

Greg is just playing backup minutes to Japeth... Japs really has Nerbiyos problems, nawawala pag playoffs or Gilas games where stakes are high... He is good only on. Elimination games..

GSM should evaluate the viability of GS and Japs duo, if you cant play them both, then they might as well ezplore for a trade... Actually its easier to play Japs and Greg together than JF and CS, as Japs has perimeter shot while CS has erratic perimeter shooting... GSM has been successful when GS has been the focal point of offense, nainjured lang, then the minions came in, Tenorio, Scottie was given bigger role, Cagiwa clamored for lesser role and Pringle happened... Instead of GS and Japs as fhe main palyers, they just becone an afterthought because of Guars centric play...
    Cone went being praised in the Seagames for utilizing his bigs to being criticized for not trusting his bigmen in GSM.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Cone went being praised in the Seagames for utilizing his bigs to being criticized for not trusting his bigmen in GSM.
    Ow really, look at the level of bigs at SEAG... Even a 6-2 1/2 guy with muscles scored against those ASEAN bigs...

Besides were talking of how GSM has bombed out in the last 2-3 years. PUREFOODS haa even bettwr record than them this past 2 seasons inspite of not so strong lineup compared to GSM...

Well Japan has been beating us before the PreGilas Era... Anyway two decades ago they dont have Hachimura and Watanabe... Had we meet Japan last World Cup they woupd have beaten us... Lucky for us we meet Japan in the Qualifiers minus Hachi... Its not as if we are beating Japan by 30s in our victories, its has alwats been close games...
    Very correct.

I think its been a roller coaster ride for Japan in international basketball in the last 3 decades. Japan was among the elite Asian teams during the 90's. But with the rise of Middle East countries like Lebanon, Qatar, Jordan & Iran in Asian basketball during the 2000's, Japan was relegated to the sidelines.

Japanese basketball still struggled in the early 2010's but started to gain momentum in in the mid-2010's & has gotten even stronger with Rui Hachimura & Yuta Watanabe spearheading its campaign as of late. I agree with you, Gilas was lucky to have faced Japan in the 2019 FIBA World Cup qualifiers before Hachimura & Watanabe could join the team. I don't think we would have beaten Japan with Hachimura & Watanabe in tow.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Greg play is the reason why ginebra is struggling...being dominant isnt the calling card of gregs game.. its doing everything else when not so many notices it is his game ever since in ateneo..parang nlex greg yun nakikita natin
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    i didnít say about JF dump the ball.. i just saying the dumb coach should be creative on how to use JF.. and just like sajubeads mentioned.. what is a floater, tear drop? he canít learn that?

thing is the dumb coach should be more creative from the get go when they got CS but sadly as other posters mentioned ďlack of imagination on the dumb coachĒ

you canít change my mind and no one will about him being a dumb coach..

thatís why JFís game doesnít evolve.. the dumb coach doesnít let him do those thing and discourage it..
    "Why evolve when our team always ends up the champion? Why think about improving Junmar's game when his current skills & capabilities are more than enough to make our team the winningest team in the PBA at present? After all, Junmar is already a 5-time PBA MVP & perhaps destined to get even more MVP's."

"Why fix it when its not broken? Who cares about Junmar's performance with the National team?"

"Not us."

That's San Miguel mentality for you
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast