Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Olympic Qualification Predictions/Results

Quote Originally Posted by MrRager View Post
    And how will the groups for OQT be determined? I assume China will accidentally fall into the group with DR, Tunisia and Venezuela
    I hope FIBA rankings will determine this. Ofcourse their is a possibility that the four hosts will have some priveledges in draw.

Quote Originally Posted by soulis79 View Post
    I hope FIBA rankings will determine this. Of Course there's a possibility that the four hosts will have some privileges in draw.
    If it's with regional balance in mind none of the asian/african teams have a shot. Too many teams way above them. Short of a miracle Run like Nigeria in 2012 I can't see a draw that could result in that success

USA seems that they will win easily Brazil. That result leads to Argentina and USA direct qualification at Tokyo Olympics.

Australia's win made Spain and Serbia smile because France will face the USA team at the quarterfinals. If Spain and Serbia win their games and USA defeats France then they will reach Olympics. Otherwise if France wins the medal games will decide the result.

P.S. Poland and Czech Republic have aso chances, but they need some magic.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRager View Post
    And how will the groups for OQT be determined? I assume China will accidentally fall into the group with DR, Tunisia and Venezuela
    Unless they get one of the tournaments to host, then anything might happen again, but other than 2019, China never had any benefit in draws

If it will the same criteria like in 2016, then FIBA ranking and geographical criteria will decide it. Back then it was one pot all Asia, one all Africa, 1st pot was with top guns France, Greece, Serbia, then 2nd tire Euros - Latvia, Croatia, Turkey, other 2 were a bit mixed

If USA and Aus win their 1/4 games 4 Europe teams will play semifinal/final tournament for last remaining direct Olympic ticket.

Semifinal would look like this :

France vs Serbia ( hidden final?)

Poland vs Czech

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123