CSKA Moscow 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
    Well they lost Higgins and De Colo without much of a fight, let Chacho walk when he had a year left and watched as Teodosic signed for Bologna. It's risky gambling on Delaney saying yes, there's less incentive for him to return to Europe at this stage.
    They couldn't fight for them, cause both players simply wanted to leave, change environment as they say. You can't do much about it. I actually doubt that they were after Teodosic. Delaney might be a miss tho

Comment

Originally posted by MrRager View Post
      Maybe Milano is finally taking carefully calculated moves and not just chasing big numbers? I am sure Messina knows what he's doing.
      And it seems CSKA is just having a hard time convincing players to come to Moscow. On the other hand, there is a lack of big names in the market this summer.
      Big names on the market were Cska players So as you said there are not big names on the market. They sould attack Larkin or Delaney with full power.

I dont know are they expecting this departures but if I were them, I would sign Davies and Williams. There are not many star guard on the market, I would try to fill that gap with talented bigs.

Comment

Originally posted by iraz View Post
        I agree with you for the most part. But I believe that out of the the best three, Barca has the strongest roster. Then comes Real and then Fener.
        CSKA still has potential, though, of course, we've lost 2 very important players. In the new season Clyburn will be the main star, but it's also Hines with his athleticism and his authority who is very important for this team. And it will be very interesting to see what Itoudis manages to do with all the tall guys. Personally I believe he'll manage them somehow.
        Among other teams Efes greatly depends on Larkin, without him they are much weaker. Pao made interesting signings but taking Pedulakis after Pitino was more than a strange move. Milano is a mystery for me, Oly -mediocre. Maybe Khimki or Bayern can surprize everybody.
        Clyburn could be very useful player in system but he is not suitable for the franchise player. He neither has that talent nor mental strength. When the opponnents focused to reduce his game his effectiveness will drop. He plays better when he is not a top guy. Cska should find at least one star player such as Delaney or Larkin. That move also will help to Clyburn.

On the hand Cska lost 3 important players De Colo Higgins and Cacho. Maybe Cacho's performance was not impressive but he is still one of the best guards in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Saras_Fan View Post
          Clyburn could be very useful player in system but he is not suitable for the franchise player. He neither has that talent nor mental strength. When the opponnents focused to reduce his game his effectiveness will drop. He plays better when he is not a top guy. Cska should find at least one star player such as Delaney or Larkin. That move also will help to Clyburn.

On the hand Cska lost 3 important players De Colo Higgins and Cacho. Maybe Cacho's performance was not impressive but he is still one of the best guards in the league.
          You are right, Clyburn can't carry the team on his own, but we are still waiting for a PG, hopefully a good one. Unfortunately there seem to be no stars on the horizon. It looks like CSKA is waiting for Delaney and it is an obvious choice, but we've seen lately with Koufos that rumours may lie. I, for one, don't like Delaney, and the club previously did not like to sign players with that much NBA addiction. But the times have changed obviously. And it's time for the team to change, too. I really don't belive that De Colo, Higgins and Cacho will be as good as they were with us. If only they went to one team... :0 The problem with them was that they wanted more money and multiyear contracts and the management rightfully decided it was too risky. They were great for us, now let other teams try their luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
            They couldn't fight for them, cause both players simply wanted to leave, change environment as they say. You can't do much about it. I actually doubt that they were after Teodosic. Delaney might be a miss tho
            I think possibly Vatutin is still mindful of 2010/11 when CSKA's results dipped dramatically after their roster had gotten a bit too old. I know there were other factors like the coaching change and signings not working out, but I think these days they are more likely to let a player go when they still have something to offer (eg Aaron Jackson) rather than keeping them too long.

Comment

I think possibly Vatutin is still mindful of 2010/11 when CSKA's results dipped dramatically after their roster had gotten a bit too old. I know there were other factors like the coaching change and signings not working out, but I think these days they are more likely to let a player go when they still have something to offer (eg Aaron Jackson) rather than keeping them too long.
              Because roster get too old? And then buy 30-year-old Koufos for $ 3 million, Strelnieks 30 year old too. Sounds logic

Comment

Originally posted by pabarabanu View Post
                Because roster get too old? And then buy 30-year-old Koufos for $ 3 million, Strelnieks 30 year old too. Sounds logic
                Ha, I'm not praising the signings they made. Koufos is 30, but he's three years younger than Hunter. Strelnieks is a couple of years younger than De Colo. Hilliard and Voigtmann are both 26.
                It's not even so much just about age, but about keeping a balance between continuity and refreshing the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by pabarabanu View Post
                  But Koufos has only a 1 + 1 contract and covers the most problematic position in the last 5 years. And Strelnieks has 2 years and is not expensive. While the three stars wanted 3-year very expensive contracts. And they got them.

Comment

But Koufos has only a 1 + 1 contract and covers the most problematic position in the last 5 years. And Strelnieks has 2 years and is not expensive. While the three stars wanted 3-year very expensive contracts. And they got them.
                    De Colo got less money than CSKA (It was 2.7m USD and now 2.6 m USD), for 2 years, per Eurohoops. Vatutin also has confirmed he was expecting De Colo to leave for NBA until the last days.
                    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                    Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

I can understand not keeping Rodriguez for 3 years and even De Colo as he wanted to leave, but imho they should have paid Higgins unless he also definitely wanted to leave Moscow. Delaney - Higgins - Clyburn - Anyone - Koufos is a very nice lineup.
                      Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                      Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                      Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                      Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

.. And Strelnieks has 2 years and is not expensive..
                        I saw reports which said he will earn 2.5m over 2 years. Is this not true?

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
                          I can understand not keeping Rodriguez for 3 years and even De Colo as he wanted to leave, but imho they should have paid Higgins unless he also definitely wanted to leave Moscow. Delaney - Higgins - Clyburn - Anyone - Koufos is a very nice lineup.
                          yes, all the fans agree that Higgins is the only player everybody would have preferred to stay, including the management. But his girlfriend is pregnant and they say that she wanted a milder climate for the baby. Sad, but nothing could be done. Higgins was the only one who definitely said he would leave even before the end of the season. As for De Colo, Vatutin said he wanted to go to the NBA, but smth went wrong. So he landed in Fener because CSKA was not after him at that time.
                          Nevertheless if we sign a perspective PG, we'll be FF contenders again. And staying in the background always does a good job for this team.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRager View Post
                            I saw reports which said he will earn 2.5m over 2 years. Is this not true?
                            I don't know. And nobody really knows the true sums, these are just suppositions.

Comment

With this, CSKA lost all of their 3 guards; Higgins => Barça, DeColo => Fener, Rodriguez => Milan

We will watch a completely different CSKA in the next season.
                              FENERBAHÇE
                              --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                              --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                              --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                              --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information