Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Major Absences from Team Rosters

Serbia with 4 centers?

Lithuanian coach seriuosly thinking taking 5 SF and only 3 real bigs.

Basketball becomes positional, just bring your best players and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post

Lithuanian coach seriuosly thinking taking 5 SF and only 3 real bigs.
    You really stuck with that idea, don't you? Giedraitis is SG/SF since Youth NT days. Ulanovas played SG/SF since Youth NT days, in Žalgiris he is used from 2-4, Kuzminskas according to himself in Malaga played 2-4, Maciulis always had some stretches at 4 in his career. The only Butkevicius offensively can't play anything that three, but he can guard 1-4 positions. Give people all the picture instead your constant reductionism and raw abstractions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    You really stuck with that idea, don't you? Giedraitis is SG/SF since Youth NT days. Ulanovas played SG/SF since Youth NT days, in Žalgiris he is used from 2-4, Kuzminskas according to himself in Malaga played 2-4, Maciulis always had some stretches at 4 in his career. The only Butkevicius offensively can't play anything that three, but he can guard 1-4 positions. Give people all the picture instead your constant reductionism and raw abstractions.
    All those 5 players are SF than anything else that's a fact and most of the time in their careers they spend playing SF.Im telling how it is, not how it could be.

I don't need to do anything,I write what I want to write.But thank you for suggestions,but now you can keep it yourself.

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/1158399799470825472

"Canada will now be without the following NBAers for next month's World Cup: Andrew Wiggins, Jamal Murray, Tristan Thompson, Dwight Powell, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Dillon Brooks, Trey Lyles, R.J. Barrett, Brandon Clarke, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Mfiondu Kabengele, Nik Stauskas."

Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by christodoulou76 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/1158399799470825472

"Canada will now be without the following NBAers for next month's World Cup: Andrew Wiggins, Jamal Murray, Tristan Thompson, Dwight Powell, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Dillon Brooks, Trey Lyles, R.J. Barrett, Brandon Clarke, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Mfiondu Kabengele, Nik Stauskas."

Yikes.

We should have 19-22 players on NBA rosters come opening night.

4 showed up.

Yeah - I understand with the rookies. But damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post

I can tell surely our ltu 2019 team is way more tallented than we sended in 2010 if you compare player by player.Our ltu 2010 team had Cinderella story,but it really helped that those stars wasn't there.
    Way more talented?Your starting pg will be the same.Only..9 years older.
    Same for Seibutis and Maciulis.LTU backcourt is trash.What makes current LTU way more talented?Sabonis?Good hustler,still nowhere as dynamic/talented,influential as prime Kleiza.The only advantage i give current Lietuva is that there wont be players as bad as Andriskivicius and Klimavicius in the roster.Still those were 11th-12 players,they hardly played.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    Same for Seibutis and Maciulis.LTU backcourt is trash.What makes current LTU way more talented?Sabonis?Good hustler,still nowhere as dynamic/talented,influential as prime Kleiza.The only advantage i give current Lietuva is that there wont be players as bad as Andriskivicius and Klimavicius in the roster.Still those were 11th-12 players,they hardly played.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

I dont need stats comparisons.I'e watched them both plenty of times.Sabonis relies on point guards to create for him.He will hit jumpers,finish under the rim.He cant create for himself like Kleiza did.He's a great role player,not an elite scorer like Kleiza.

A major reason for FIBA's new competition system was to get the best players to show up for the WC by making it an Olympic qualifier and by having WCQ played largely by B teams. By that measure it's been a serious failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    A major reason for FIBA's new competition system was to get the best players to show up for the WC by making it an Olympic qualifier and by having WCQ played largely by B teams. By that measure it's been a serious failure.
    to be fair, it's not like FIBA knew in advance that the NBA would be so wide open next season. That hurt them more than anything else.

So how come Sabonis scoring more in NBA than Kleiza ever did? Basketball is not only about scoring, Sabonis is a better passer, rebounder, defender. I wouldn't argue 2010 team was much worse than 2019 though. We'll see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This "old vs new" comparison trend all over the place is really starting to get annoying

I dont need stats comparisons.I'e watched them both plenty of times.Sabonis relies on point guards to create for him.He will hit jumpers,finish under the rim.He cant create for himself like Kleiza did.He's a great role player,not an elite scorer like Kleiza.
    careful, you can seriously upset some Sabonis Jr tards here - some of them put Sabonis on the same tier as Jokic and prime Marc Gasol

No Murray for Canada? That's absolutely huge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No "practically everyone else" is even worse.

What could have been for Canada.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Fox should be very effective in defense, and he can increase the tempo with the bench unit which I'm sure USA will try to do. I don't know if Harris will make the cut.
    Definitely think US team could use some more shooting though. Tried to get Reddick, but did not happen. Of course question is who gets cut if Harris did make it.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019

Ricky Sanchez(Puerto Rico) announced his retirement from national team after 12 years. Meanwhile we might start thinking that Karl-Anthony Towns is not going to represent DR.

Quote Originally Posted by soulis79 View Post
    Meanwhile we might start thinking that Karl-Anthony Towns is not going to represent DR.
    There was a very slim chance that was ever going to happen.

It seems Popovich is going to try to emulate the 2010 USA formula and win with defense. They have the potential to have many good defenders on this roster. But the scoring will have to be balanced between Kemba, Mitchell, Middleton and most likely Tatum and Kuzma.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast