Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Major Absences from Team Rosters

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    Well, he has been left out from the squad for non-basketball reasons that is 100% known. Now, Djordjevic and the Federation have never come out and actually said the reasons for that, outside of the typical non-sense how the member of the NT has to have both basketball and human qualities, and that behavior on and off court counts. He didn't mention Kalinic but it seemed like it was aimed at him. It was a small scandal that him and Nedovic were left out from the Best 18 list, both were in the top 12 of 2014-2017 and Kalinic was even a starter. Nedovic I can justify to a degree due to his injury and emergence of Guduric. Kalinic there is no excuse. Here are the things that are being connected to Kalinic's absence, of course none of this has been confirmed.

- Kalinic has come out publicly through twitter and media and said that Serbia has to go forward with the Kosovo issue, accept that it's not a part of our territory anymore and try to at least get the North part and move on. As you can imagine, this has caused quite an outrage among many. Regardless whether someone one agrees with him or not, it's just a silly thing to connect to him as a player and teammate.

- Kalinic has also been involved in some kind of online scam, where a dude/transvestite catfished him, and he was masturbating on webcam and the recording became public. This is even more retarded in my opinion, as it is a private matter and to be honest he has zero fault in there that someone scammed him. People jerk off on all kinds of shit and don't suffer the consequences.

- After that omission, there have been some rumours that Katastroika mentioned, that he was a bad teammate etc. In my opinion, this is just a PR move by the Federation and Djordjevic to soften the blow.
    Well, I don't want to go into details as it's really not that important nor should it be, but this "rumours" have been existing quite a long time when he started to, let's say activate his media presence. There are 3-4 players that have huge problems with him and all of them except one ("big" heads) is in the national team at the moment. Additionally we gotta mention that his relationship with some former and actual coaching staff members of Crvena zvezda and the NT got worse during the season. My source here is absolute reliable and on the plane to China with the team at this moment. It led to the situation that Kalinic was on the initial roster, Djordjevic wanted him to play and planned with him, but realized how bad this relationship in fact is after some staff meetings they had in June/July.

And of course, the things that you mention surely did no favor to Kalinic's calling up same lik his clearly anti governmental standpoints are.

And yeah, of course we should have called him up and tried to get things going on Kopaonik. We are behaving here like 15-year old children and not like a serious federation. But it is like it is.

Injury List Serbia
    Teodosic Out Plantar Fasciitis
    Kalinic Out Doesnt Believe Kosovo is Serbia

Looks like this Kalinic dude and our D-Mo are cut from the same douchebag cloth after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Valexander View Post
    About the political comment. Farting your opinion in social media, shows that you don’t have the IQ to control your thoughts , your image and your relations with society, people arround you. Apparently he can’t control his thoughts and he is acts with his colleagues either. You have political or ideological beliefs which make you want to act? Do it smart and not from your couch on the Twitter bullshit.
    Still not a huge reason to be out. But probably the majority inside the NT wanted him out and they took advantage of his act.
    I disagree. And not from only an idealistic "everyone has a right to voice their opinions" standpoint, but from a practical standpoint.

See, nowadays, many nba stars including LeBron or coach Steve Kerr voice their dissatisfaction with Trump. Why do they do that? 1) Obviously they want their opinion to be heard 2) They are at such an untouchable position, going against president could do them no harm.

Now, you could say Kalinic isn't LeBron, Serbia isn't USA, or Euroleague isn't NBA and this is all true. But I believe Kalinic feels he can voice his opinion regarding different subjects either without caring about repercussions or knowing the repercussions but believing that letting his ideas heard is more important than love lost with a part of Serbian people, federation and some NT teammates.

First (not caring about repercussions) is true to some extent as Kalinic doesn't need Serbian teams and will probably find a team in the highest European level until the end of career. About the second part (feeling that voicing his opinion is more important), well, I respect his choice.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

I'm more close to valenxander's opinion than to vivo's, anyway both arguments are visible.

For Kalinic in special I have the feeling after hearing all of the stuff he is talking that he sees himself as some kind of avantgarde of Serbian society, some kind of liberal masterclass and progressive forwardthinker - which he truly isn't as many of the things he has told are pretty childish and selfexplaining. He has the right to do so. But it's a mixture here. Behavior, primadonism and the cherry of the cake for sure is the "political" observation he's known for.

In Montenegro people say that those who badly want to be different are in fact the most common.

Cory Joseph is out according to recent reports. Jordan Clarkson, Anthony Davis, Montrezl Harrell, Cory Joseph, Trey Lyles, Ben Simmons and Tristan Thompson are clients to Rich Paul. None of them got injures, thankfully, but all of them will skip the World Cup. If we add LeBron and Draymond Green the sum is up to nine.

The most weird absence was Harell's. The one day was in the US roster, the same day he withdrew.

I was wondering whether Cory Joseph returning to Team Canada at this late stage might hurt the team more than help it. I mean here the other players have been working together toward a common goal for almost three weeks now and then a prima donna and dilettante thinks that it's alright to skip the training part and arrive just prior to game time? What team needs that?

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    I disagree. And not from only an idealistic "everyone has a right to voice their opinions" standpoint, but from a practical standpoint.

See, nowadays, many nba stars including LeBron or coach Steve Kerr voice their dissatisfaction with Trump. Why do they do that? 1) Obviously they want their opinion to be heard 2) They are at such an untouchable position, going against president could do them no harm.

Now, you could say Kalinic isn't LeBron, Serbia isn't USA, or Euroleague isn't NBA and this is all true. But I believe Kalinic feels he can voice his opinion regarding different subjects either without caring about repercussions or knowing the repercussions but believing that letting his ideas heard is more important than love lost with a part of Serbian people, federation and some NT teammates.

First (not caring about repercussions) is true to some extent as Kalinic doesn't need Serbian teams and will probably find a team in the highest European level until the end of career. About the second part (feeling that voicing his opinion is more important), well, I respect his choice.
    +1

Moreover, in Balkans, everyone who has a public voice poses as a "patriot" parroting the usual nationalistic propaganda of one's country. Why should not be heard the more reasonable anti-nationalistic voice?

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    I just realized that Kalinic was cut. What a strange decision.
    Is this old "news"? When was Nikola Kalinić cut? He didn't play in either friendly against Lithuania on September 10th or 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    Injury List Serbia
    Teodosic Out Plantar Fasciitis
    Kalinic Out Doesnt Believe Kosovo is Serbia
    Haha. Everyone else is asking about Kalinic but I'm still wondering why Djordjevic hasn't included Marko Keselj.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Haha. Everyone else is asking about Kalinic but I'm still wondering why Djordjevic hasn't included Marko Keselj.

Is it because he owns and operates not a red-blue-white-berry orchard?

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    +1

Moreover, in Balkans, everyone who has a public voice poses as a "patriot" parroting the usual nationalistic propaganda of one's country. Why should not be heard the more reasonable anti-nationalistic voice?
    What I ve said has nothing to do with speech freedom. More about social media and how we present our selfs. Doing politics through Twitter is irresponsible imo and disrespects your own beliefs especially when it comes to national issues.

On the other hand @adon when you say something different from nationalists doesn’t make you anti nationalist.
    Slicing land, altering borders creating protectorates is an old recipe, here in balkans. And definitely not an anti nationalist one.

Cory Joseph may not be out for Canada. The only person reporting this is an old washed up Toronto reporter with major health issues. Others who may be more plugged in are disputing this report.

Quote Originally Posted by Valexander View Post
    What I ve said has nothing to do with speech freedom. More about social media and how we present our selfs. Doing politics through Twitter is irresponsible imo and disrespects your own beliefs especially when it comes to national issues.

On the other hand @adon when you say something different from nationalists doesn’t make you anti nationalist.
    Slicing land, altering borders creating protectorates is an old recipe, here in balkans. And definitely not an anti nationalist one.
    OT obviously, this is my last post on this.

Social media are the only (or the main) place for a citizen to present publicly his opinion about politics. Nothing wrong with that imo.

I agree about the nationalistic motives of the slicing in Balkans and generally. BUT it matters who says what. For example, defending the rights of a minority for self-determination, when you don't belong to that minority, is a typical anti-nationalistic position. Anyway. it's a huge topic and this is not the proper place to evaluate.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo13 View Post
    Cory Joseph may not be out for Canada. The only person reporting this is an old washed up Toronto reporter with major health issues. Others who may be more plugged in are disputing this report.
    Nick Nurse said at pregame against New Zealand that Joseph is in, and that he has already booked tickets to China. That mean's that Joseph won't play in any exhibition games but will join the team.

Meanwhile Edgar Sosa pulled out from the World Cup (Dominican Republic), for personal reasons.

News about Sloukas?

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Pride View Post
    News about Sloukas?
    Nothing official yet, he stays in Greece, the team keeps a spot for him, decisions to be made on the late of August, Mantzaris was called back after his cutt.

There is an optimism he will be in the final squad. Probably his first light training will be in the late of August, that means he is out for at least 2 first games.

Question mark about his form on whenever he is back on the court.

Joel Bolomboy is out for RUS.

Quote Originally Posted by christodoulou76 View Post
    Wow, that's a tough blow for Russia. If it wasn't for this disastrous situation between Nigerian federation and team, I would take them as clear favorites against Russia.
    Bronze medal 2017 Eurobasket prediction Game

Quote Originally Posted by christodoulou76 View Post
    Any backstory here? Or was he just not good enough... Although it's hard to be not good enough in the current Russian squad lol

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast