No announcement yet.

Major Absences from Team Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppose Argentina qualifies for the quarter-finals. The same is the case with the United States, which supposedly faces Canada. And Canada is winning. Argentina also wins. It would be interesting to see in late June the US players to compete in a qualifying tournament.

I see no commitment from the US players. I so no desire to play for the team. Maybe we are leaning back to year 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by soulis79 View Post

I see no commitment from the US players. I so no desire to play for the team. Maybe we are leaning back to year 2004.
      There has never been a commitment from the US players for this tournament. The only difference this year is that our crop of players in their early 20’s aren’t as good as before.
      Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

All these withdrawals...This is more work than I signed up for.

Comment

Kevin Love and Damian Lillard are on the fence for their participation.

No respect for Pop and Kerr.

Comment

If this USA team will still grab the title, it's kinda depressing. I'm not yet sold on Serbia to be as good as say 2006 Spain. If there was such as Spain of 2006, I would be pretty sure they are grabbing it.
            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
            Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, D'Angelo Russell, Aaron Gordon, Thad Young, Mike Conley, Julius Randle, Josh Richardson all named as potential replacements. Some really good names in there. Conley in particular. Russell to a lesser extent.

Comment

According to Russian Federation Mozgov is out and Shved will join team later.

Comment

RJ Barrett playing for Canada?

Comment

No Damian Lillard. So in essence this will become a 25 and under tournament for the USA. That’s what it should be all along. They will win some and lose some. The Olympics will still attract their A players and they value the Gold medal.
                    Not to the degree of an NBA Championship but they value it nonetheless. They don’t value a Fiba Worlds gold medal at all.

Comment

Randle and Brown added to the US roster after Lillard's withdrawal.

Comment

Dorsey is out.

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                          RJ Barrett playing for Canada?
                          We don't know yet. He in on the 29 man invite list - but last I heard he was unsure if he was going to play.
                          He is not a core player for Canada yet - but could be useful if our other wings (Brooks, Stauskas etc) are hurt or don't play.

Comment

6 players added to USA training camp roster: Thaddeus Young, Montrezl Harrell, Julius Randle, Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Mason Plumlee.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
                              No Damian Lillard. So in essence this will become a 25 and under tournament for the USA. That’s what it should be all along. They will win some and lose some. The Olympics will still attract their A players and they value the Gold medal.
                              Not to the degree of an NBA Championship but they value it nonetheless. They don’t value a Fiba Worlds gold medal at all.
                              american cockyness will come back and hurt them..
                              sooner or later and then they will be forced to change their minds about world basketball order.
                              sure, US basketball is still miles ahead of everyone else.
                              no doubt about it as no one else has so much talent in one team.
                              but the amount of foreign players in NBA is increasing year by year.
                              who would have say some 30 years ago that NBA MVP will be a european player on several occasions, NBA finals being a european., ROY being a european etc.
                              it will maybe take further 30 years but the changes are happening slowly.
                              hopefully I should still be alive to see it and come back here to say I told you so
                              the disrespect will end sooner or later.
                              "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

You as well are making the same mistake that many are making here. You are confusing indifference with disrespect.
                                It’s not like let’s send a weak roster because they think they can win the tournament with it. It’s because they don’t care about the tournament. It has no value. They don’t care if they win or lose it. That’s not disrespect it’s indifference.
                                Just look at the back to back non Gold medal winning tournament USA teams in 2002 and 2006. Did that lead to a powerhouse team being sent in 2010 to try to change thing ? No. Instead it was an even younger and less accomplished team. Like I am trying to explain it’s not because they didn’t respect the ability of their opponents. The tournament just doesn’t mean much in our country. The United States did not win this tournament after 1954 until 1986. They didn’t alter the type of teams they were sending in order to get better results. Do you know why ?
                                NOBODY CARED.

You talk about how there are more European players in the NBA now and it’s growing which is a fact. But the problem is that the talent is spread out over many countries and therefore the national teams as a whole are not really getting better.
                                Just compare the 1992 and 1994 Olympic and Worlds results with the last two, the 2014 and 2016 editions. So 20+ years and how much has really changed ?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information