Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Major Absences from Team Rosters

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    No, what is incorrect is making him out to be a basketball illiterate.
    A fairly good spot up shooter who can put the ball on the floor (we don't need him to create for himself or others anyway, that is not why he is valuable to this team), and a type of player that thrives in Jokić-led offense in off ball movement. Fits perfectly with our best players.
    He wouldn't play 30 min. per game, so picking up a few fouls in 10-15 min. wouldn't be problematic at all.
    That is exactly what we need him for. Let opposition feel tough physical defense.
    Not an elite defender? At FIBA level he is a darn good defender. An elite on-ball defender, not to mention his relentless motor and physical presence.
    With him in rotation this team has a chance to play 40 minutes of superb defensive intensity on the perimeter - Micić/Jović, Bogdan/Milosavljević/Lučić.
    Gudurić should play more minutes of course, but those 10-15 minutes from Milosavljević is probably the time when we choose to make a huge pressure and break opposite guards. There is a good reason why Nedović got left out, and Milosavljević got in. Size and toughness on perimeter defense has everything to do with that.
    You are selling him too short.
    Like I said, he is nice to have but not a big blow. I never said he is a terrible player or anything of sort. Like I said, leaving out Kalinic for non-basketball reasons is gonna bite us in the ass, and that is exactly what is happening. Getting stuck with Simonovic and Bircevic is just shit. The worst part is that even Raduljica might make the roster...

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    Like I said, he is nice to have but not a big blow. I never said he is a terrible player or anything of sort. Like I said, leaving out Kalinic for non-basketball reasons is gonna bite us in the ass, and that is exactly what is happening. Getting stuck with Simonovic and Bircevic is just shit. The worst part is that even Raduljica might make the roster...
    Milosavljevic is nice, but there are about 7 guys whose injury could be worse for Serbia.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Milosavljevic is nice, but there are about 7 guys whose injury could be worse for Serbia.
    It's not about rank of importance, but rather intangibles and details of the game which in many cases prove to be crucial for the winning team.
    Player like Milosavljević is the definition of such type of player who takes care about those little details that don't show in stats.
    With Kalinić being out, and Lučić coping with injury (both players very similar to Gagi in that regard), missing Milosavljević is a bigger loss than many think.

Sloukas injury looks like a gastrocnemious muscle rupture. He also has an haematoma. He won't travel with team to China on Wednesday. He will start therapy and wait for the upcoming results in the next days. Therapy defers on the degree of the rupture. My guess is 50-50 chances for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    It's not about rank of importance, but rather intangibles and details of the game which in many cases prove to be crucial for the winning team.
    Player like Milosavljević is the definition of such type of player who takes care about those little details that don't show in stats.
    With Kalinić being out, and Lučić coping with injury (both players very similar to Gagi in that regard), missing Milosavljević is a bigger loss than many think.
    I didn't dismiss it as unimportant, just saying it could be worse. And Kalinic not being with the team is on Djordjevic et al so...

Rumor is Sloukas might not be in WC. Even if he misses the tournament I hope it doesn't have a long recovery period.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Sloukas will not travel with the rest of the team to China after the Acropolis Tournament, but should be able to join them later. Moerman questionable for France as well.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Sloukas will not travel with the rest of the team to China after the Acropolis Tournament, but should be able to join them later. Moerman questionable for France as well.
    Moerman is out. He suffers an achilles tendon injury. He had that issue with pains all over the season. Now he will skip the World Cup.

Batum will play at 4 now. M'Baye will be his backup.

Quote Originally Posted by soulis79 View Post
    Moerman is out. He suffers an achilles tendon injury. He had that issue with pains all over the season. Now he will skip the World Cup.

Batum will play at 4 now. M'Baye will be his backup.
    And who will take his place in the starting lineup, Albicy? Toupane? These are very bad news for France, who were already shorthanded and with a short bench after losing Heurtel.

Moerman is a 40% three point shooter, the best shooting big in French roster.
    Having a big guy who shoots that well is a luxury.
    Luckily, M'Baye is a decent shooter too, so he might be able to space the floor just as well.

Wow Fox withdraws fro team USA. I didn’t see that one coming. That explains why he only played 6 minutes now. This loss will be felt and now White will definitely make the team,

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Wow Fox withdraws fro team USA. I didn’t see that one coming. That explains why he only played 6 minutes now. This loss will be felt and now White will definitely make the team,
    Me neither. I think Fox was really important both for defense and transition offense. Smart and White give great defense but their offense is limited, Kemba - Fox duo would be devastating for some minutes.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Me neither. I think Fox was really important both for defense and transition offense. Smart and White give great defense but their offense is limited, Kemba - Fox duo would be devastating for some minutes.

Yeah there has to be a story there.

it's a joke that players withdraw after taking part in the camp.Never remember anything like this.Colangelo and co must take a good look at themselves to see where team USA project is heading.At this point they hardly found 12 american NBA players willing to play for them.Ridiculous.

Anyway what's done is done.Fox for some reason didnt play much yesterday.Even Mitchell could play some pg.I still think they have a 55 to 65 % chance of winning the gold

@Jon Koncak

Next summer will be the true test. If you see something similar then there is a serious problem. If not, then it’s this tournament and USA basketball might even consider sending G leaguers, the team that played in the qualifiers for the ‘23 World Cup.

@Jon Koncak

Next summer will be the true test. If you see something similar then there is a serious problem. If not, then it’s this tournament and USA basketball might even consider sending G leaguers, the team that played in the qualifiers for the ‘23 World Cup.
    I don't know if you remember, but something similar happened in 2016, although on a much smaller scale. Some of the biggest stars that were on the preliminary list withdrew, but the guys that left were also exceptionally good, so there was not much talk like this time. I am sure they won't consider it if they lose the gold, so I am strongly rooting for that to happen.
    Bronze medal 2017 Eurobasket prediction Game

Something must have come up behind the scenes to make Fox just quit like that so suddenly. Everyone was praising him a day ago.
    Don't know how Derrick White is going to make this team instead of the countless other more talented guards who weren't even called up as replacements. They should call up someone new who wasn't on the prelim roster.

Quote Originally Posted by 3.14159 View Post
    Something must have come up behind the scenes to make Fox just quit like that so suddenly. Everyone was praising him a day ago.
    Don't know how Derrick White is going to make this team instead of the countless other more talented guards who weren't even called up as replacements. They should call up someone new who wasn't on the prelim roster.
    I don’t think White is going to take Fox’s place. I think Marcus Smart will get that role now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigue Beaubois View Post
    I don't know if you remember, but something similar happened in 2016, although on a much smaller scale. Some of the biggest stars that were on the preliminary list withdrew, but the guys that left were also exceptionally good, so there was not much talk like this time. I am sure they won't consider it if they lose the gold, so I am strongly rooting for that to happen.

Yes you’re right it did happen. It got blamed on the Zika virus but that was nonsense. I have mentioned this before.
    The ‘08 and ‘12 teams were true A teams but ‘16 was not due to the absences. I am curious to see how it will play out.

I don’t think White is going to take Fox’s place. I think Marcus Smart will get that role now.
    I was hoping for the obvious, and Barnes being cut. I wish he would follow his teammates from Sactown

Yes you’re right it did happen. It got blamed on the Zika virus but that was nonsense. I have mentioned this before.
    The ‘08 and ‘12 teams were true A teams but ‘16 was not due to the absences. I am curious to see how it will play out.
    Haahahahahha, that was a pretty lame excuse. I don't know how they thought someone is going to buy it, as if thousands of other athletes from all the countries voluntarily exposed themselves to Zika But you see, there is something going on, even the Olympic team is not immune to that. Withdrawal of Fox at this stage seems very strange. I already read some speculations on another forum that some of these USA players withdrew because they don't want to get caught using illegal substances. I am usually not prone to such "theories", but after all that happened, one has to be a little suspicious.
    Bronze medal 2017 Eurobasket prediction Game

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast