No announcement yet.

2019 U18 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are playing like headless chickens. It´s a masterclass tutorial of waste of talent, with the best regards to our "coach". Franz Wagner must be absolutely dominating, but he got benched after three minutes for fucking fourteen minutes. Insane. Besides that he is playing really bad, however this is no wonder based on the stupidity standing outside in front of our bench and doing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by thiago94 View Post
      We are playing like headless chickens. It´s a masterclass tutorial of waste of talent, with the best regards to our "coach". Franz Wagner must be absolutely dominating, but he got benched after three minutes for fucking fourteen minutes. Insane. Besides that he is playing really bad, however this is no wonder based on the stupidity standing outside in front of our bench and doing nothing.
      Yeah you germans have some big play making issues. Doesnt matter how good your forwards or Centers are as long as you dont have a play maker you will always have trouble. Schoorman hasnt shown anything so far and Hukporti also isnt so dominant as expected. No need to worry about germans

Comment

And one word to Femerling. This guy was a joke as player and is a joke as coach.
        Last edited by Toruko; 07-27-2019, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
          Yeah you germans have some big play making issues. Doesnt matter how good your forwards or Centers are as long as you dont have a play maker you will always have trouble. Schoorman hasnt shown anything so far and Hukporti also isnt so dominant as expected. No need to worry about germans
          Like always, however this problem isn´t only based on the available players. Schoorman, Begue, Baggette and Delow is absolutely decent; off course far away from being an upper level backcourt, but all of them will have a career in our first division as I would predict. From what I have seen Femerling is not capable of coaching at this level. I have never liked him as a player and as coach it is exactly the same. We are just running, a setplay doesn't exist at all. I have not seen even one watchable basket from us.

Kudos to Van Slooten who is playing even more dumb than with 16.

Comment

Adem Bonas dunk after a nice pass of Aksu.

Comment

Ok Germans fought back somehow and gave the game away again. Now they are desperate what makes them even more headless. No german player who is gonna step up.

Comment

Like always, however this problem isn´t only based on the available players. Schoorman, Begue, Baggette and Delow is absolutely decent; off course far away from being an upper level backcourt, but all of them will have a career in our first division as I would predict. From what I have seen Femerling is not capable of coaching at this level. I have never liked him as a player and as coach it is exactly the same. We are just running, a setplay doesn't exist at all. I have not seen even one watchable basket from us.

Kudos to Van Slooten who is playing even more dumb than with 16.
                Van Slooten was best player of Serbs today, even better tahn Pokusevski or pazin...

I talked about Germany and they played horrible. Sorry for evil eye

Comment

It´s so devastating: That team is talent-wise way ahead of our U20 medalist, eventhough we lack some balance and creativity with the ball in our backcourt, the result in form of performance is unacceptable and hopefully Femerling will be gone after the tournament. After watching one preseason and today´s game, I am hopeless regarding an increasing performance. Maybe Wagner and Hukporti will show up the next games and will fulfill the huge expectations due to their amazing tools, however thanks to Femerling our stiffed game won´t change at all, thats for sure.

Comment

It´s so devastating: That team is talent-wise way ahead of our U20 medalist, eventhough we lack some balance and creativity with the ball in our backcourt, the result in form of performance is unacceptable and hopefully Femerling will be gone after the tournament. After watching one preseason and today´s game, I am hopeless regarding an increasing performance. Maybe Wagner and Hukporti will show up the next games and will fulfill the huge expectations due to their amazing tools, however thanks to Femerling our stiffed game won´t change at all, thats for sure.
                    You can be good again after our game. We have a good team but I dont want to face spain or france in the quarter finals.

Comment

they took precaution probably. A slight injury.
                      Thanks, I'm really curious to see him.
                      Today our opponent was weak, cannot draw lots of conclusions, but at least we saw that this team can run & shoot.

And one word to Femerling. This guy was a joke as player and is a joke as coach.
                      offtopic, but he really wasn't. at least until his late years.
                      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                        Thanks, I'm really curious to see him.
                        Today our opponent was weak, cannot draw lots of conclusions, but at least we saw that this team can run & shoot.

offtopic, but he really wasn't. at least until his late years.
                        Then your expectations of a good player is really low.

Comment

So I almost watch all games and I want to give a short summary of my impressions. I couldnt see any contender in group B but Russia and Monte seem to have decent teams. Group C has just one contender with france but they couldnt convince me. Maybe they didnt take slovenia seriously I dont know but they depend on Begarin too often. Ball sharing is a problem but there are just few teams that can expose their weaknesses.

Greece and the others dont seem to be a great problem. All three teams lack of versatility. Group D seems also fairly weak. Croatia lost obviously all its good players from 2002. Spain is not as strong as it seems but you should avoid them till the end. Group A is the strongest by far. As I said before Germany has capable player but it acts like a headless chicken because of the lack of a play maker. Femerling teams are always very bad prepared. We must wait the other two group games to make a final conclusion but I think except Wagner all the other highly rated german prospects such as Van Slooten, Hukporti and Schoormann are overrated. I dont say that they are bad just not as good as expected. Its not a team.

Serbia has some interesting prospects with Alex Pokusevski a guard in a Centerbody. He can shoot, pass and does everything on the court but his body will be the question for his future. He is still very thin and must bulk up in the next two years intensively. However he is not an unstoppable guy and scoringwise serbia depends on him and pazin. Both teams serbia as well as germany showed great deficits in the defense. Need to watch also couple of games of the serbian team.

Altough very weak opponent Turkey convinced me defensively. Dervis Gökhan Güney prepared the team very well. The team is very toxic and agressive and probably the best sized turkish team ever. Contested every shot and made the paint unusable for the opponent. Offensively there were some weak points that couldnt be exposed by GB. Starting with Atakan Erdek is ok but not as point guard. The guy has nearly no view about whats happening around him. We really need besides Kücük who couldnt work much with the team a play maker who can share the ball. Ilyasoglu is crucial against serious opponents. The second crucial thing is to activate Sengün in the paint. The game plan is not suitable for his game style and his abilities. We must diversify our game plan.

Comment

Pokusevski is an incredibly interesting prospect and he is even almost 1 year younger as the competition and maybe even more importantly he is a late bloomer(probably late bloomer because of his weak body).

Very impressive bigs for Serbia in just 2 generations: Petrusev-Koprivica-Smailagic-Pecarski-Pokusevski and 1-2 other interesting bigs.

Comment

I really hope we can finally win some important prospects with this generation. Turkey has won so many medals in the last 6-7 years but my fears back then have come to reality I believe. That most of the success was due to good teamwork and good depth rather than individual talent. From the 95-97 generations that won like 6 medals or whatever. Who really made it? Only Cedi Osman and Furkan Korkmaz and a bunch of mediocre turkish league players. So many disappointments from those generations. We almost always lack players with go-to potential, with 1v1 abilities with clear star potential.
                              With this generation it is hard to see again. Sengün is too fat and unathletic, Kücük too weak physically. My hopes are Ilyasoglu, Adem Bona and Tibet Görener for the future

Comment

Originally posted by TurkfromGermany View Post
                                Pokusevski is an incredibly interesting prospect and he is even almost 1 year younger as the competition and maybe even more importantly he is a late bloomer(probably late bloomer because of his weak body).

Very impressive bigs for Serbia in just 2 generations: Petrusev-Koprivica-Smailagic-Pecarski-Pokusevski and 1-2 other interesting bigs.
                                Excactly, they also have Dusan Tanaskovic who is injured I think?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information