Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 U18 European Championship

France-based 6'11" late-blooming C Mathias Van den Beemt who holds dual french and dutch citizenship decided play for the Netherlands U18 NT.

Division B

Princeton 6'11" commit C Jacob O'Connell form Voorhees (New Jersey USA) will play for.... ̶I̶r̶e̶l̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶....Slovakia. I guess his mum is Slovakian.

So friends of basketball the tournament is about to start. Some words to team turkey. We have the most sized team of the tournament and Görener, Erdek, Kurtuldum and Bona means that well play very fast transition Basketball and our set game weapoin will be Alperen Sengün. Despite having great size we have still uncomplete player. Tibet Deniz Görener is too skinny and 2003 Forward/Center Bona might have a problem with ball handling. Want to see how they worked against their clumsiness with the ball.

I assume that, if Garuba is healthy, Spain is favorite.

Germany has a good team too, and then usual candidates as France, Lithaunia, Serbia and turkey good teams too

Quote Originally Posted by roloj View Post
    I want to see Garuba against Alperen Sengün. I think Garuba is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by roloj View Post

Germany has a good team too, and then usual candidates as France, Lithaunia, Serbia and turkey good teams too
    We have some great talents, but not really a good, balanced team based on the preparation games. I am skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkfromGermany View Post
    I want to see Garuba against Alperen Sengün. I think Garuba is overrated.
    They faced each other last summer

Great ball sharing of turkey. We had partly problems with playmaking especially in the time where kücük wasnt on the court but our forwards did a very good job. Sezgün was the only really bad guy today. He is still too clumsy and soft. Actually that kid is really a big waste, i would use another comparison for him but Göksenin will get mad again.

Anyway Kurtuldum is clear, bona had a great defensive game but cant still contribute in a set game but this was expected. Görener did a great job. He looks more aggressive and coordinated but still needs to get stronger and he grew. Atakan Erdek is a good forward at finishing but its a really bad idea to use him as playmaker. We need Ilyasoglu against serious teams.

Why didn't İlyasoğlu play?
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Why didn't İlyasoğlu play?
    they took precaution probably. A slight injury.
    Last edited by Toruko; 07-27-2019 at 04:45 PM.

We are playing like headless chickens. It´s a masterclass tutorial of waste of talent, with the best regards to our "coach". Franz Wagner must be absolutely dominating, but he got benched after three minutes for fucking fourteen minutes. Insane. Besides that he is playing really bad, however this is no wonder based on the stupidity standing outside in front of our bench and doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by thiago94 View Post
    We are playing like headless chickens. It´s a masterclass tutorial of waste of talent, with the best regards to our "coach". Franz Wagner must be absolutely dominating, but he got benched after three minutes for fucking fourteen minutes. Insane. Besides that he is playing really bad, however this is no wonder based on the stupidity standing outside in front of our bench and doing nothing.
    Yeah you germans have some big play making issues. Doesnt matter how good your forwards or Centers are as long as you dont have a play maker you will always have trouble. Schoorman hasnt shown anything so far and Hukporti also isnt so dominant as expected. No need to worry about germans

And one word to Femerling. This guy was a joke as player and is a joke as coach.
    Last edited by Toruko; 07-27-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Yeah you germans have some big play making issues. Doesnt matter how good your forwards or Centers are as long as you dont have a play maker you will always have trouble. Schoorman hasnt shown anything so far and Hukporti also isnt so dominant as expected. No need to worry about germans
    Like always, however this problem isn´t only based on the available players. Schoorman, Begue, Baggette and Delow is absolutely decent; off course far away from being an upper level backcourt, but all of them will have a career in our first division as I would predict. From what I have seen Femerling is not capable of coaching at this level. I have never liked him as a player and as coach it is exactly the same. We are just running, a setplay doesn't exist at all. I have not seen even one watchable basket from us.

Kudos to Van Slooten who is playing even more dumb than with 16.

Adem Bonas dunk after a nice pass of Aksu.

https://twitter.com/FIBA/status/1155142128453869568

Ok Germans fought back somehow and gave the game away again. Now they are desperate what makes them even more headless. No german player who is gonna step up.

Like always, however this problem isn´t only based on the available players. Schoorman, Begue, Baggette and Delow is absolutely decent; off course far away from being an upper level backcourt, but all of them will have a career in our first division as I would predict. From what I have seen Femerling is not capable of coaching at this level. I have never liked him as a player and as coach it is exactly the same. We are just running, a setplay doesn't exist at all. I have not seen even one watchable basket from us.

Kudos to Van Slooten who is playing even more dumb than with 16.
    Van Slooten was best player of Serbs today, even better tahn Pokusevski or pazin...

I talked about Germany and they played horrible. Sorry for evil eye

It´s so devastating: That team is talent-wise way ahead of our U20 medalist, eventhough we lack some balance and creativity with the ball in our backcourt, the result in form of performance is unacceptable and hopefully Femerling will be gone after the tournament. After watching one preseason and today´s game, I am hopeless regarding an increasing performance. Maybe Wagner and Hukporti will show up the next games and will fulfill the huge expectations due to their amazing tools, however thanks to Femerling our stiffed game won´t change at all, thats for sure.

It´s so devastating: That team is talent-wise way ahead of our U20 medalist, eventhough we lack some balance and creativity with the ball in our backcourt, the result in form of performance is unacceptable and hopefully Femerling will be gone after the tournament. After watching one preseason and today´s game, I am hopeless regarding an increasing performance. Maybe Wagner and Hukporti will show up the next games and will fulfill the huge expectations due to their amazing tools, however thanks to Femerling our stiffed game won´t change at all, thats for sure.
    You can be good again after our game. We have a good team but I dont want to face spain or france in the quarter finals.

they took precaution probably. A slight injury.
    Thanks, I'm really curious to see him.
    Today our opponent was weak, cannot draw lots of conclusions, but at least we saw that this team can run & shoot.

And one word to Femerling. This guy was a joke as player and is a joke as coach.
    offtopic, but he really wasn't. at least until his late years.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast