Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 U18 European Championship

Hi guys,

After the U20 tournament I wanted to create a thread for the U18-Tournament too which is gonna start in one week. In terms of player development its the most important youth tournament. 2001 and younger generations can participate. The tournament will take place in Greece like the U19 WC. FIBA seems to love Greece.

Since I follow most of the guys (not only from Turkey) I just wanted to mention some names that should show some skills during the tournament for the guys who dont follow youth developments so intensely.

Normally france would my favorite in this tournament. Great transition team with Hayes, Maledon and Cazalon who all are clear NBA prospects but just one of them will play in this tournament since they want to have time for individual training. Nevertheless its still the biggest favorite for Gold. From 2002 they will have a great Guard with Begarin who is also a great shooter and the development of the Center Moussa Diabate will also be interesting to follow. He is not really ready yet though.

Greece will play with the guard Zois Karampelas who had a great season in the greek A1 league. Their scoring weapon will be Rogkavapoulos again. Greece is still weak in the paint though as far as I know.

LTU brings two guys from the 2002 generation who are worth to follow. AUGUSTAS MARCIULONIS who is a intelligent guard and a very interesting big with Azuolas Tubelis, who should be 203 cm tall a stretch four so it seems. Horrible free throw shooter though. LTU has a stable team but not very skilled generation again but well see.

Serbia has also a good core with nice potential player. I dont know if he participates but the Real Madrid Player Tristan Vukcevic will be nice to follow. Very tall and big for his age but also fairly agile shooting big. Dzordze Pazin is the next interesting prospect. A hell of a shooter, can handle the ball very well for his height. The most interesting guy will be Pokusevski though. 211 cm and runs like a guard with excellent ball handling skills. Very thin though but good, very good shooting mechanics.

Germany: i didnt follow the U18 team of Germany much but they have nice pieces. Len Schoormann of the Frankfurt Skyliners is considered as a great guard, an NBA level guard. Ariel Hukporti is also very interesting a true seven footer with fairly agile legs and a nice explosiveness. Had a bad U16 tournament and hasnt made a good figure so far in preps. The most matured player and the scorer of the team will be Franz Wagner the brother of NBA rookie Moritz Wagner. He already had a big role with Alba-Berlin and made also a couple of Eurocup games. Nice shooter and has also a nice overall game.

Turkey: having a strong 2001 and 2002 generation the star of the team is 2002 born Alperen Sengün. A 206 cm tall, non athletic, power forward/center who has a tremendous footwork. Never seen a guy who dominated the paint like him since Enes Kanter. The team has also two nice guards with Ömercan Ilyasoglu from Efes Club and Ömer Yasir Kücük. The first is a very nice passer and the second is more scoring oriented. A very good prospect is also Tibet Görener from Montverde. Although he is not ready physically he should be able to make an impact with his nice shooting skills. This team has a high scoring potential.

I dont know much about the other teams. Would appreciate any objections or contributions.

A 206 Alperen Sengün is a better prospect as Enes Kanter but he is about 203(w/o shoes), Kanter is 208 with 216 wingspan, Jokic 208/220. Sadik Kabaca is about 206. Even the tall Tarik Sezgün is 209(official in BWB 2018).

Comment

@Toruko;

We have also SG - Mustafa Kurtuldum and SF - Sarper David Mutaf.
      I believe they are also good prospects.
      Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
        @Toruko;

We have also SG - Mustafa Kurtuldum and SF - Sarper David Mutaf.
        I believe they are also good prospects.
        I also could have mentioned Atakan Erdek or Adem Bona who also could make an Impact but it was just a short intro. Sarper had a very bad preparation period and is not ready unlike Alperen Sengün to contribute against one year older. Kurtuldum is still very inconsistent. But we have a nice overall team.

I am sure that Adem Bona will be a part of the team. Due to his Body our guy with the highest potential but 2 year younger. Can have an impact on the defense because of his huge 220 wingspan but still very limited in the offense.

Comment

Slovenia, as ussual, has a pretty promising frontcourt... with no notable centers...
          Žiga Samar is one of those kinds that eventualy can turn out as an euroleague level PGs
          Gregor Glas has good size and body, all round SG. Was believed to have a star potential, few years ago, but his development slowed down a bit in last few years
          Alen Malovčič, 200cm SF, good shooter, could make a pro career
          Bine Prepelič, unlike his more known cousin, a bit undersized stretch PF

Looks like Rok Radović(200cm SF) and Dan Duščak (182cm skinny PG) will be missing, if it wasn't for that, this would be in my opinion one of the most talent loaded backcourt we've ever had. This way, I'd hope for some decent run in the elimination phase, without taking it for granted...
          Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Croatia comes without all top 2002. prospects. Prkačin Perasović injury. Tisma and Menalo individual workout over NT. Starting PG Gizdavčić also injured
            Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Croatia also without 6'6" tall born and raised Serbian PG Vuk Dmitrović (2001) who spent last season playing in Croatia. Prior to his last summer's transfer to Osijek, he was playing for Belgrade based basketball academy Vizura, and before that, for Nikola Jokic's first club Joker Sombor (originally named So-Koš). Dmitrović injured his left wirst on the third day of Croatia U18 training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                Serbia has also a good core with nice potential player. I dont know if he participates but the Real Madrid Player Tristan Vukcevic will be nice to follow. Very tall and big for his age but also fairly agile shooting big.
                Tristan Vukčević is not eligible to play for Serbia (he was planned to play for our cadet NT) at this point. Tristan didn't get Serbian citizenship in due time (before he reached 16 years old) and should not be eligible prior his 21st birthday. He might even be considered as a naturalized player unless the general secretary of FIBA decides otherwise. The Basketball Federation of Serbia relies on the fact that his father Dušan used to play for our NT for Tristan to count as a local player.

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
                  Croatia comes without all top 2002. prospects. Prkačin Perasović injury. Tisma and Menalo individual workout over NT. Starting PG Gizdavčić also injured
                  Whats with Prkacin?

Comment

Originally posted by serbianhoops View Post
                    Tristan Vukčević is not eligible to play for Serbia (he was planned to play for our cadet NT) at this point. Tristan didn't get Serbian citizenship in due time (before he reached 16 years old) and should not be eligible prior his 21st birthday. He might even be considered as a naturalized player unless the general secretary of FIBA decides otherwise. The Basketball Federation of Serbia relies on the fact that his father Dušan used to play for our NT for Tristan to count as a local player.
                    He is Serb right? So why hadnt he had the serbian citizenship before he was 16?

Comment

Whats with Prkacin?
                      Nasty ankle injury at the Basketball without Border camp.

Comment

He is Serb right? So why hadnt he had the serbian citizenship before he was 16?
                        Yes, but not only. Despite being born in Belgrade Tristan was raised in Athens. He never had the need to have a Serbian passport given that he already has two EU citizenships (Greek and Swedish).

His dad Dušan is an ethnic Serb from Sarajevo (Bosnia) who was granted Greek citizenship in the early 90s for basketball purpose, hence the name Tsalikis-Vouksevits. While his mum Jade was born in Helsingborg (Sweden) to Croatian parents.

Comment

Originally posted by serbianhoops View Post
                          Yes, but not only. Despite being born in Belgrade Tristan was raised in Athens. He never had the need to have a Serbian passport given that he already has two EU citizenships (Greek and Swedish).

His dad Dušan is an ethnic Serb from Sarajevo (Bosnia) who was granted Greek citizenship in the early 90s for basketball purpose, hence the name Tsalikis-Vouksevits. While his mum Jade was born in Helsingborg (Sweden) to Croatian parents.
                          Thank you dude. You are my serbian prospect dictionary from now on.

Comment

Some Friendly Results
                            Volos Jul 24: Greece-Spain 63-85 (Kourtidis 14, Garuba 18)
                            Volos Jul 24: Great Britain-Italy 61-59 (Okros 14, Deri 12)
                            Volos Jul 23: Greece-Italy 70-63 (Klonaras 21, Casarin 18)
                            Volos Jul 23: Great Britain-Spain 63-103 (Sulaiman 15, Aldama 17)
                            Volos Jul 22: Greece-Great Britain 91-63 (Kourtidis 15, Eze 14)
                            Volos Jul 22: Spain-Italy 74-61 (Garuba 17p + 13r; Procida 16)
                            Pesaro Jul 14: Italy-Greece 74-81 (Nikolaidis 14)
                            Pesaro Jul 13: Finland-Greece 58-68 (Kourtidis 13)
                            Pesaro Jul 12: Greece-Russia 81-86 (Klonaras 18, Rusnetsev 16)
                            Last edited by christodoulou76; 07-24-2019, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Greece is paying against GB right now. Kadras is not playing. Kalogiros is instead him in the Centerposition. And Greece has trouble with GB without Rogka

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information