Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robb View Post
    One question from a noobie...

In that last action, the turkish player seemed to touch the ball and then it went to the spanish player knee and the ball cameback to spanish backcourt... Is that a backcourt violation? I just dont know for sure. Sorry for my bad english.

By the way... Spain was quite lucky. Probably the worst game they have played(helped by that great Turkish defense). Also... Turkish guards from my point of view looks more talented overall than spanish guards. Kurtuldum looks amazing. Pretty much Spain won thanks to Aldama and Garuba, and thanks to Turkey 2nd half terrible offense.
    Yes it was clear backcourt violation if the opponent player dont touch the ball and the ball goes to the other side. Turkey must have got the ball for the last offense.

Our first center Sengün (number 11) was not at 100% because of an injury before the tournament had started. We had to use Furkan Haltali who is a very restricted offensive player.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
      Anyone thinks u17 and u19 would be enough?
      Nope.

Comment

• “It’s a shame FIBA, really shame, your referees stole my team’s gold medal, it’s unforgivable, it is embarrassing with these officiating.”

Hedo vs. FIBA again
        FENERBAHÇE
        --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
        --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
        --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
        --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Robb View Post
          One question from a noobie...

In that last action, the turkish player seemed to touch the ball and then it went to the spanish player knee and the ball cameback to spanish backcourt... Is that a backcourt violation? I just dont know for sure. Sorry for my bad english.

By the way... Spain was quite lucky. Probably the worst game they have played(helped by that great Turkish defense). Also... Turkish guards from my point of view looks more talented overall than spanish guards. Kurtuldum looks amazing. Pretty much Spain won thanks to Aldama and Garuba, and thanks to Turkey 2nd half terrible offense.
          You forgot to say thanks to referees who did many critical "errors" in the last minutes favoring Spain, they forgot basketball rules suddenly in the last minutes, so called professional referees.

Comment

• Referees on last minutes were a factor on our loss to Spain, but not more than our idiot coach. When the team was struggling in the offence against the zone defence, how can you think of playing with Furkan Haltali, not thinking of having four shooters with Sengun or Bona. Also poor performance of Ilyasoglu effected us a lot.
            Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

• It sure hurts to lose any game especially when refs are blind, but what counts most from youth tournaments is being able to produce 2-3 players that can help the senior team one day.

Well done to both Spain and Turkey.
              Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
              Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

• Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
                It sure hurts to lose any game especially when refs are blind, but what counts most from youth tournaments is being able to produce 2-3 players that can help the senior team one day.

Well done to both Spain and Turkey.
                well said. This is all that matters.

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                The spanish team is nothing special. They just dominate the paint in any other game. Aldama has a funny shooting style but too weak and too passive. He would never survive an NBA game with this passiveness. Garuba was a bit tired but the turkish bigs showed him his borders. Could be a good euroleague player but NBA is very very difficult due to his size.

FIBA and host. Rogka is a good player but he never deserved the title best shooting guard of the tournament. It is clearly Mustafa Kurtuldum.
                I could not watch the final game, but having watched 3 previous Spanish games, I thought Aldama was pretty damn impressive! He obviously has a height advantage at this age group which will be mostly negated in seniors, but his future is bright I'd say. I had predicted Gasol, Reyes, & Navarro would be good at their u18 days, ages ago, so I'm almost always right when it comes to spanish prospects

despite all skepticism, Mustafa Kurtuldum had a very good tournament. even in the games he did not score much, he took the right shots and made all the right choices. pleasantly surprised. Ilyasoglu on the hand had a disastrous tournament. I don;t know if he was ill or what, but he hurt the team every minute he stepped on court (except the Germany game).

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
                Referees on last minutes were a factor on our loss to Spain, but not more than our idiot coach. When the team was struggling in the offence against the zone defence, how can you think of playing with Furkan Haltali, not thinking of having four shooters with Sengun or Bona. Also poor performance of Ilyasoglu effected us a lot.
                The exact same thing all tournament. I was even thinking if Haltali is actually having a bad time now, because he must be otherwise good if the coach insists on him so much, right? apparently, not. I mean, I think Haltali does his best on what he can, I like him much more over Sezgun, but it's puzzling to see Bona at the bench that long. I also found it weird to use Erdek as the primary ball handler. But overall, these are still kids and the coach knows them better.

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fiba/91...ms-gold-medal/

“It’s a shame FIBA, really shame, your referees stole my team’s gold medal, it’s unforgivable, it is embarrassing with these officiating.”

Hedo vs. FIBA again
                yeah, he has his own beef with Demirel, and he's using this as an opportunity.
                Last edited by Levenspiel; 08-05-2019, 10:23 AM.
                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Wholefully agreed with Evergreen.
                  I am glad our kids got the bronze medal, but mostly due to the fact that it seems that those teams that won medals in previous tournaments, later on got more chances in their clubs due to it. They get a bit better treatment and all of a sudden, due to playing alongside E.Lorbek and Slokar (two 210+cm agile stretch PF/C's can make it easier to win anything; a luxury not every generation has in Slovenia) a whole bunch of decent yet not all that special kids got a fair chance at professional career. Just as an example from the past.

That was a mid court violation and the ball should go to Turkey. I do understand the judge though, he made a wrong call and had a bad angle viewing weather the ball bounced from Spaniards knee or from Turkish hand reaching for it.

Samar and Glas are each one notable obstacle awar from a really decent careers. Samar lacks explosiveness to create at NBA level, while overall ballhandling and court awareness is pretty promising, which basically means, he will be bound for europe, but could develop into a pretty good EL level starting PG. Glas had some terrible decisionmaking on a U14 or U15 level, not exactly realising he isn't that much better in the NT to do it all by himself. If that was a fluke and isn't irrepairable, he has the body and technical skills to get drafted and try his luck in NBA.
                  With, in some people's opinion, the best talent of this generation Rok Radovič missing, same as Dan Duščak, that is a quite promising result.

Others that caught my eye:
                  -Enaruna and De Vries from Netherlands. I like the idea of these two growing up and seeing them in the dutch NT
                  -Garuba, pretty physical, I am not ussualy good at translating that into the senior levels... Aldama, just a good combination of size and skill. Barring an injury a borderline NBA level is assured at the very least
                  -Kurtuldum, Bona and Sengun. Kurtuldum is promising to become a good all-round defender. Sengun was impressive while being 1 year younger than majority of the competition, Bona is physicaly above the competition while supposedly being only 16 years old and only playing organised bball for a short while. If that is correct, he could actually develop into some sick talent, but to be honest, my bets are on Sengun
                  -Kristaps Kilps, but he would be hard to evaluate since he had little help within his team
                  -I liked Cazalon against Turkey a lot, he seemed like some fresh wind within the French NT. France should have won it all, to put it simple. The (relative) talent level is above anything other teams can provide, but those kids were so terribly undercoached on this tournament as well as probably in their clubs, that it would be an insult to the sport of basketball if they actually won this tournament. NBA scouts will rage about 3-4-5 names on their roster, while I personaly am simply not interested in teams that can't operate on half court, try to make it up with full court and half court pressure instead and lose a game in a way I have troubles remembering anyone managing beforehand... and god knows I did watch some basketball in my life...
                  Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                  That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                    -I liked Cazalon against Turkey a lot, he seemed like some fresh wind within the French NT. France should have won it all, to put it simple. The (relative) talent level is above anything other teams can provide, but those kids were so terribly undercoached on this tournament as well as probably in their clubs, that it would be an insult to the sport of basketball if they actually won this tournament. NBA scouts will rage about 3-4-5 names on their roster, while I personaly am simply not interested in teams that can't operate on half court, try to make it up with full court and half court pressure instead and lose a game in a way I have troubles remembering anyone managing beforehand... and god knows I did watch some basketball in my life...
                    Cazalon was injured for most of the season. He has missed quite a bit of time previously with injuries related to growing. He improved visibly during the tournament.

The French team was indeed not coach well at all. They also had no clear hierarchy. Cazalon is more of a complementary player, he can slash and shoot from outside, but creating for himself and others is not his forté. Begarin was disappointing, he seemed to lose confidence in his shot. Unfortunately, last year's U16 aside, his shot has not been good at all. He has decent form though. Diabaté was their best player. Once he gets stronger, he should be a stud. Let's not foreget that the 2 best 2001 born French players were not on this team. With Hayes and Maledon they would have won it all. But like I said in the other thread, it's not about winning, but developing players.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information