Olympiacos 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
    All of his pros are related to his athleticism (he's a poor shooter) and he's 32? Might be why he barely played last season and why this season 1 mil was his best offer.

I agree that Cherry is a tragic signing and that playoffs are pretty much out of the question.
    It baffles the mind that we signed very solid players in the frontcourt and said no to Milutinov's buyout, to then have a point guard duo of FCL quality.
    It is a strange contrast. Kuzminskas was a pretty impressive signing.

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
      Oly wouldn't compete in terms of money and team's current situation with Fener and CSKA/NBA for Sloukas and Delaney. And tbh it might be wiser to not pair Teodosic with Spanoulis (injury issues etc). It would be good if they could have kept Goss, I don't know about Wade Baldwin though.
      I disagree. Oly should have signed Teo because they need a star player in the guards since it's most likely to be VS's last season. Teo has the previous history, is loved by the fans and I would have thought it was a no brainer from the moment the team was to play in A2 disappointing many of their fans.

Anyway, VS is 37 going onto 38. He may be fit but his athletic powers have deserted him. He can't really lead more than 15-17 minutes at high level even if he only plays EL.
      Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
      Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
        I disagree. Oly should have signed Teo because they need a star player in the guards since it's most likely to be VS's last season. Teo has the previous history, is loved by the fans and I would have thought it was a no brainer from the moment the team was to play in A2 disappointing many of their fans.

Anyway, VS is 37 going onto 38. He may be fit but his athletic powers have deserted him. He can't really lead more than 15-17 minutes at high level even if he only plays EL.
        From a mental standpoint you may be right, I'm not privy to Oly fans' mindset as much as you do. But from a technical standpoint, can any coach possibly play current Teodosic and Spanoulis for any minutes together? It's nearly impossible. And if you share the minutes between them 20/20, it creates other problems, such as making both players unhappy and giving opponent a consistent point of attack in defense to abuse consistently for 40 minutes. When you also consider rumors point that Teodosic doesn't want to practice much, alcohol/tobacco issues, and wants a multi-year contract, I can see why Blatt probably didn't want all these and I agree it wouldn't end well.
        Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
        Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
        Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
        Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Teodosic would be a wrong move and I don't know of anyone who wanted him.
          My realistic wishlist would go something like Darius Adams-->Norris Cole-->Tony Douglas--> I guess Markovic?

Comment

Originally posted by ZaliaBalta View Post
            All the things that he cried about while playing in Milan are waiting for him once more at Olympiacos.
            Like?

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
              Like?
              Playing power forward (he said he prefers SF), coming off the bench.

Comment

Olympiakos fired Blatt, Bartzokas is the main candidate but no one knows if he is willing to coach the team again in such a difficult moment.

The roster seems really mediocre but the main problem in my opinion is lack of motivation. Abandoning the Greek superleague was a huge error, rivalry against pana has always stimulated the team to improve and give the 100%.

Comment

olympiakos will sign aggelou and they will try for tomic next sumemr. no sane coach will sign right now with that team. especially bartzokas with the match at OAKA being less 2 months ahead and the gap between the rosters of the 2 teams being huge a humilation is the most possible outcome of the match. and bartzokas has already been fired once cause of a loss against panathinaikos and fans (literally beat him at the parking loft when they returned to peiraius)
                  Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information