Ąžuolas Tubelis thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
    Did he get injured or what? He played like 11 min if I remember correctly.
    Fouled out. Really sissy calls by NKL refs. I think for athletic dudes like Tubelis should be a real pain in the ass. Overall Euro ball still suffers from inconsistent handling of games physicality. NBA is doing much better job at this point. Off course, Tubelis still pretty wild himself as well, he will learn.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Here's Tubelis drops 29pts, highlights:

Here's the thing, I'm not particularly satisfied with his progress. He drops almost 17ppg which is great for a 17yo, but I haven't notice obvious improvement in those three months of NKL season. He has the advantage of physicality in terms of the combination of mobility and toughness, much like D. Sabonis, but his skillset basically didn't change. As a matter of fact his shooting % even declined a little bit in all sections, this is huge flaw. He badly needs to add skill and shooting. I'm not sure he's a hard worker, seems like having pretty laid back. If he wants to reach elite level, he needs to start showing improvement in terms of the skill. Once he will get to top level, his physical advantage won't be as obvious and that alone won't be enough.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Tubelis was close to beat JV's record in EL next generation tournament with 46PIR (JV's 50). Really stand outs athletically and virtually unstoppable in the fast brakes and generally. If he will add skill and more shooting, he's on his way to be elite big as I projected, but may end up just as short stretches EL big if will remain huge liability shooting the ball.

Here's couple of his dunks, somehow one huge not involved:

22K views, 679 likes, 43 loves, 34 comments, 9 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from BasketNews.lt: Štai tokius epizodus mače su „Fenerbahče“ kuria Ąžuolas Tubelis
        Last edited by Straight forward; 02-07-2020, 02:41 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Here's the best highlights of Tubelis' feast against Fener:

177 Likes, 0 Comments - @eurolyga.lt on Instagram: "Dominuojantys @azuolaz epizodai #rytas #vilnius #lithuanian #highlights #basketball"

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
            Here's the best highlights of Tubelis' feast against Fener:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8RMGw8j...ource=ig_embed
            it seems he still cant shoot but his ball handling looks tighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
              it seems he still cant shoot but his ball handling looks tighter.
              He can't. And I'm not sure he'll ever will. But he can make career as defensive big who can run in transition and get some points finishing of the dribble with the face to face drives. Aside athleticism, he's a quick decision maker, has very quick hands which helps him to handle, steal, block and pass the ball. Athleticism, quick and super strong hands, that's Tubelis.

Here you can find the diagram of best Lith performances in EL next generation tournament. Domantas Sabonis never played there I guess:

„Žalgirio“ arenoje penktadienio popietę šeimininkavęs Vilniaus „Ryto“ talentas Ąžuolas Tubelis įsirašė į Eurolygos jaunimo turnyro metraščius. Išskirtinį pasirodymą surengęs ir 46...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

He can't. And I'm not sure he'll ever will. But he can make career as defensive big who can run in transition and get some points finishing of the dribble with the face to face drives. Aside athleticism, he's a quick decision maker, has very quick hands which helps him to handle, steal, block and pass the ball. Athleticism, quick and super strong hands, that's Tubelis.

Here you can find the diagram of best Lith performances in EL next generation tournament. Domantas Sabonis never played there I guess:

https://www.15min.lt/eurolyga/naujie...e-1134-1272798
                Yeah I know him. I watched him in U16 and U18 i guess and the baltic cup in LTU against Turkey. He is definitely developing.

Comment

MVP of Kaunas ANGT.

Interesting stat:

- JV as 17yo in ANGT: 34.3 PIR.
                  - Tubelis as 17yo in ANGT: 34.5 PIR.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

MVP of Kaunas ANGT.

Interesting stat:

- JV as 17yo in ANGT: 34.3 PIR.
                    - Tubelis as 17yo in ANGT: 34.5 PIR.
                    If I'm not wrong, JV had those in finals against top youth clubs of that season, not in qualifiers like TUbelis in this one, where level of some clubs was really low, so not really fair to compare

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                      If I'm not wrong, JV had those in finals against top youth clubs of that season, not in qualifiers like TUbelis in this one, where level of some clubs was really low, so not really fair to compare
                      Maybe. But if that's true, in lesser competition tournament that similar year, JV got 23.5PIR. I don't really think it's unfair, Tubelis is good enough to dominate at such level, whatever the competition, IMO. The bigger question is, what he can provide at PROs when he won't have such obvious physical advantage.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Eventually Tubelis went to BWB camp and stood out and was selected among 10 all team players. Pretty solid mark looking towards 2021 drafts. Tubelis really making a name for him self in his age category and he will be destroying his age U18 EB.

Augustas didn't stand out and I didn't expect Marciulionis to stand out, he's way off physically compared to first phase of the season and way too skinny compared to other athletic and bulked elite prospects in BWB. However, watched how he played and he looked rather confident, facilitated the ball nicely, didn't try to impress with his ISO game, rather tried to bring that BB IQ on the court.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Eventually Tubelis went to BWB camp and stood out and was selected among 10 all team players. Pretty solid mark looking towards 2021 drafts. Didn't expect Marciulionis to stand out, he;s way off physically compared to first phase of the season and way too skinny compared to other athletic and bulked elite prospects in BWB. However, watched how he played and he looked rather confident, facilitated the ball nicely, didn't try to impress with his ISO game, rather tried to bring that BB IQ on the court.
                          I dont think he has a chance to be drafted. He bulked up and is strong for his age indeed. He is a great defender but with a height of 204cm who cant shoot, there is hardly a chance of survive. Vasilis Charalampopoulos was for example way more skilled than him. He looks to me a more swift Jankunas. I dont think he will be ready for the drafts next year. But he looks solid enough for a Euroleague career.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                            I dont think he has a chance to be drafted. He bulked up and is strong for his age indeed. He is a great defender but with a height of 204cm who cant shoot, there is hardly a chance of survive. Vasilis Charalampopoulos was for example way more skilled than him. He looks to me a more swift Jankunas. I dont think he will be ready for the drafts next year. But he looks solid enough for a Euroleague career.
                            Nah, he's faster and more mobile than Jankunas. He also has more explosive face to face game and can put the ball on the floor, while Jankunas is traditional PF. Tubelis 206cm already. I think he's more of a center in a long run. I disagree with you. He may not be drafted, but not because of lack of shooting, but because of limited upside if someone would decide that. The key for contemporary bigs is to be able to step out and switch, Tubelis can do that. Shooting is highly required, but not more than some ability to put the ball on the floor, pass the ball, to have good IQ and so on. Tubelis has the package to be drafted, IMO.

PS: Drafted, doesn't mean to make a career in the NBA. We have Reinaldas Seibutis and Gudaitis drafted, but, IMO, both won't ever play in the NBA.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Nah, he's faster and more mobile than Jankunas. He also has more explosive face to face game and can put the ball on the floor, while Jankunas is traditional PF. Tubelis 206cm already. I think he's more of a center in a long run. I disagree with you. He may not be drafted, but not because of lack of shooting, but because of limited upside if someone would decide that. The key for contemporary bigs is to be able to step out and switch, Tubelis can do that. Shooting is highly required, but not more than some ability to put the ball on the floor, pass the ball, to have good IQ and so on. Tubelis has the package to be drafted, IMO.

PS: Drafted, doesn't mean to make a career in the NBA. We have Reinaldas Seibutis and Gudaitis drafted, but, IMO, both won't ever play in the NBA.
                              Well thats what i said. A swifter Jankunas. The problem with the guy is he lives right now of his strength. His dribble is not tight enough but yes he can put the ball on the floor. I just couldnt see a change of speed and his touch around the rim needs work. To be able to get drafted he needs to prove himself in the first lithuanian league among men. From my limited views he is too limited offensively and too short. The second league shows nothing and all these U18 tournaments too.

Comment

And no he cant be a center. He has no skill set for being one for europe. Doesnt know how to post up and doesnt like to work around the rim. Kristaps Porzingis is for example the same or even Giannis

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information