Ąžuolas Tubelis thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
    It's unwritten lockerroom rule lot of clubs has, from NHL to football. It's not like Zalgiris invented it, it came from abroad where players played and where lockerrooms has such feature. But since I'm not too superstitious or smth, I'm not really fan of this idea. It's uncomfortable to walk there afterall ffs
    A team rule of the Montréal Canadiens is that players cannot carelessly drop their jerseys on the locker room floor to be picked up and laundered by the staff. Jerseys must be neatly folded and placed on benches(?) with the team logo facing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
      A team rule of the Montréal Canadiens is that players cannot carelessly drop their jerseys on the locker room floor to be picked up and laundered by the staff. Jerseys must be neatly folded and placed on benches(?) with the team logo facing up.

Do they hunt down Bostonians if they step on their logo without washing their shoes?
      The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Retribution would be exacted on the ice I'm sure.

Anyone bold enough to wear a Boston Bruin jersey on rue Ste.-Catherine or rue St.-Laurent (they like those saints in Montréal) is lucky to get away with being subjected to just catcalls.

Another rather engaging custom practiced by the Toronto Maple Leafs and I'm sure many other NHL teams is that after any victory at home, the winning team skates out onto the ice and with sticks upraised salutes the cheering crowd (their paying customers).

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
          It's unwritten lockerroom rule lot of clubs has, from NHL to football. It's not like Zalgiris invented it, it came from abroad where players played and where lockerrooms has such feature. But since I'm not too superstitious or smth, I'm not really fan of this idea. It's uncomfortable to walk there afterall ffs
          It was widely reported in the Canadian press last September that the visiting British Columbia Lions had during a practice the day before the game danced on the Tiger-Cats logo at Tim Horton's field in Hamilton. The Lions had nipped the Tiger-Cats in OT the previous week in Vancouver. Well the Tiger-Cat coaching staff used that little incident (exaggerated I'm sure) to motivate the team.

Final score of the game:

Hamilton Tiger-Cats 40 British Columbia Lions 10

Most players know to never ever do or say anything to cause press clippings to appear on an opposing team's bulletin board. It's just not smart.

Comment

Well, now I'm pretty convinced I made a right decision with this thread and finally Tubelis shows how to attract attention with dominant performance and not other ways. 23pts, 20boards, 7 blocks. Actually it had to be 9 blocks, 1 was simply missed stats machines, other waved by refs. His defensive presence is massive, I had no idea he's that good defensively before creating a thread. But he should improve hi finishing skills.
            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
            Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

5 GM U-18 playing in kinda weak tallent team.

13.4pts+12reb+3.4 bl 51%,but freethrows only 42% in 35 shots

He can be good center ,but nowhere close to star Valanciunas or Domantas level.Has a chance to be second round pick ale Gudaitis if works hard

I wasn't impressed with his offence at all, but defence yes very good at that side.

Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son
              Last edited by Shawshank; 08-01-2019, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                5 GM U-18 playing in kinda weak tallent team.

13.4pts+12reb+3.4 bl 51%,but freethrows only 42% in 35 shots

He can be good center ,but nowhere close to star Valanciunas or Domantas level.Has a chance to be second round pick ale Gudaitis if works hard

I wasn't impressed with his offence at all, but defence yes very good at that side.

Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son
                Tubelis is much better scorer than he showed in this tournament, but you have to see a broader picture. He was shooting 60% from 2 in NKL season. He was lighting it up in ANGT this spring with 22pts in 27 minutes among older guys. You say he's nowhere near Valanciunas and Sabonis (it's funny because you thought he will take years to ripe to NT and never was too high on him till he started to ball in Indiana, but even than you needed at least a year to realise he's a beast), but Tubelis is better defender than both of these at 17. Scoring wise he's up to Sabonis, IMO. The tournament is not over for Tubelis yet, but we can see their numbers are more or less similar - 17yo Sabonis at U18 had 14/11.4. Off course, I treat JV and Sabonis as better prospects, but it's much closer than you think.

The comparison with Gudaitis is not a spot on. Tubelis is way more explosive, way better rebounder, quicker, better athlete. If Tubelis won't be in the first round of 2021 drafts I will be very surprised, but with current trends you never know. He needs to polish his three point shoot and FT, if he would do that he would be among top 15 draft prospects, IMO.

And no you're not right about Marciulionis.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

17yo kids at U18 EC:

JV 19.3 pts, 10,6r, 2,2b
                  Sabonis 14pts, 11,4r, 1.4a
                  Tubelis 14,9pts, 12,6r, 3,4b, 2,4a
                  Sedekerskis 12.6pts, 7r, 2.3a

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I must say i overrated his shooting. I checked his stats in the season and yes - 3 pointers were less than 30% like in U18. But still the free throws weren't so bad. In NKL he had 63% (41/65). It's not good, but not so bad as well. In some other competitions (less games though) he did even better. However, in U18 he was horrible making 16/41 - only 39%.
                    Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 08-04-2019, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                      17yo kids at U18 EC:

JV 19.3 pts, 10,6r, 2,2b
                      It's needed to say that this year's U18 both Lithuanian team and the whole competition were really poor in terms of quality.

Also Motiejunas can be added btw - 13.6 pts, 6.2r.

Comment

17yo kids at U18 EC:

JV 19.3 pts, 10,6r, 2,2b
                        Well there's no doubt that Ąžuolas Tubelis turned out to be Lithuania's best player in this year's European U18 championship.Now if he'd just work on his free throw shooting....

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                          It's needed to say that this year's U18 both Lithuanian team and the whole competition were really poor in terms of quality.

Also Motiejunas can be added btw - 13.6 pts, 6.2r.
                          Oh, yeah, missed Motiejunas. But since to me he's more like retired player I kinda forget about him. It's the same as I would put down some Kleiza's performances at that level, it's irrelevant.

I don't know about these levels...Sabonis' generation was also pretty crappy...JV as 17yo played with a bunch of guards who also couldn't make a single shot. Remember that game when he dropped 37pts...It was ridiculous, no-one realistically helped JV, but he had Peciukevicius, Cizauskas and Varnauskas aorund him, much more capable passers than Tubelis had around. It may go wither way, Sabonis didn't look extremely good au his age category at U18, but the focus was on him. He looked much better in NCAA competition were he had more freedom and defence wasn't collapsing on him alone. Tubelis as I see it had to work hard to make a bucket, the passing of this team was horrid, I mean horrid. No easy points for him. Thus his % is pretty bad from 2. In NKL season he has 60%.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Here's the podcast discussing Tubelis at 1:00:07:

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Tubelis dunk of the night. LOL how Perlas' coach G.Vileita reacted at the sidelines Saulius Kuzminskas as an assistant coach:

Last edited by Straight forward; 10-03-2019, 08:13 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Tubelis dunk of the night. LOL how Perlas' coach G.Vileita reacted at the sidelines Saulius Kuzminskas as an assistant coach:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUlRCzLi4Dk
                                Did he get injured or what? He played like 11 min if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information