Ąžuolas Tubelis thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
    I watched two or three games of him. Last game in the Baltic Cup. His efficient fgp is remarkable but he is a horrible free throw shooter.
    Good point. His season (second Lith division) free point shooting was 28% and FT 62%. He will have to work on shooting. Sabonis was a poor FT shooter and overall shooter at his age. Now he's a solid shooter from all positions (doesn't shoot many threes, but his % was over 50% this season). With time Tubelis should improve his shooting if he's a hard worker.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
      You still don't get it. I don't care too much. But it's not about logo, it's about behaviour itself, attitude, disrespect one person showed to other. Be it Zalgiris, be it other club. He knew perfectly it's like sacred thing for many, a symbol of a club and he spits on it. It was not an inside joke you try to make it look like. His apology shows it all, nobody would done this for a word or inside joke
      I do believe you are not overestimate this. But since we talking about it, are you really sure Mačiulis, Kalnietis or some other Žalgiris' hardcore oldtimers never went nasty towards Rytas in any symbolic way? I believe we would here a lot of stories, those just never went public as it was completely different era without fucking Cell phones. Again, if Tubelis spread this by himself that was extremely stupid, extremely (but even so it would only show how much he doesn't give a damn, and how much he's in different stand compared to grown ups, he's a kid). Making this joke (do you really treat this as an explicit disrespect, hate really? Again, this is a 17yo kid...) with his team in the locker room (this is not a public place) and not assuming this will spread, I don't see a criminal here. At the end of the day when you young, you are not as sentimental as grown ups. For him it's just a rivalry between Rytas and Zalgiris. That's it, fuck it. He didn't spit on some persons face. That was untasty joke, that's it. Teenagers makes tons of untasty, nasty jokes everyday. He apologising only because it went public. Because grown ups came and said it's wrong, go and do that. Tubelis probably just loathed inside and said what a bunch of sensitive, sentimental pussies (as normal alfa teenagers in most cases would do)). I think people just don't realise how much 17yo all right kids don't give a fuck and just fooling around. To me it's a sign of normal behaviour of an alfa kid in same ways. It's surely an inside joke, if you think he constructed this just to get thousands of Zalgiris fans pissed or disrespected (he doesn't even have a real understanding of disrespect yet, IMO), you are really digging too deep here After 5 years Tubelis will think a little bit differently as he will get to know more people, will understand different perspectives, now he's just playing ball with a bunch of other kids.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I watched two or three games of him. Last game in the Baltic Cup. His efficient fgp is remarkable but he is a horrible free throw shooter.
        BTW, how do you watch these games?

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
          BTW, how do you watch these games?
          Well there are different sources. Sometimes facebook, youtube, couple turkish streams etc. Lithuania likes to play against Turkey. Both teams are often in the same tournament.

Comment

Well there are different sources. Sometimes facebook, youtube, couple turkish streams etc. Lithuania likes to play against Turkey. Both teams are often in the same tournament.
            Well, share it here, if you'll catch some streams. Thanks in advance.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

The kid should be more responsible as Straight forward created a topic about him

Seriously, i wouldn't even know about what happened as i usually open only b.news and k.net from all the Lithuanian bb sources and there isn't anything about that there. Would someone post it in "Lithuanian talents" thread? I doubt. What he did is almost nothing. Yes, it's not a smart move, but even if it's stupid, those stupid things are the same part of the world like smart things and not less especially when kids take part.

I have two questions that have nothing to do with Tubelis.
              1) Why people react like that every time when smth becomes public?
              2) Who are those people who makes it public and why they do it? When f.e. Lavrinovic bros painted swastika figure at the airport i understood why it became public - journalists got to know it and wrote it because it's their job. But in Tubelis case it was his U18 NT teammate, wasn't he? Or f.e. when Motiejunas threw away Rytas's jemper it was someone in his house who recorded it. I mean they are not their enemies, they are more or less their friends so why they record and put it in the net when it's clear it won't be good for them? Why THIS ha spread all over the world like i don't know what.

P.S. One more question. Imagine phones and the internet would exist in Sabonis and Kurtinaitis era and someone would record how they could drink. How people would react? Criticizing them or WOWing?

Comment

I do believe you are not overestimate this. But since we talking about it, are you really sure Mačiulis, Kalnietis or some other Žalgiris' hardcore oldtimers never went nasty towards Rytas in any symbolic way? I believe we would here a lot of stories.............
                And Einikis was drinking and beating his wife and Redikas was stealing and Bros were in jail and K...s with D...s were doing smth sniffy, where to finish it all... Go on, Azuolas, there's plenty room for improvement, SF has a back on you I mean I know this is another youngster you might be obsessed about, but your excuses are funny, mate There's no point to look for it at all and write another novel full of it. Just admit that he did a stupid thing and that's it, no excuses needed. He apologized, hope learned the lesson. Case closed

Comment

And Einikis was drinking and beating his wife and Redikas was stealing and Bros were in jail and K...s with D...s were doing smth sniffy, where to finish it all... Go on, Azuolas, there's plenty room for improvement, SF has a back on you I mean I know this is another youngster you might be obsessed about, but your excuses are funny, mate There's no point to look for it at all and write another novel full of it. Just admit that he did a stupid thing and that's it, no excuses needed. He apologized, hope learned the lesson. Case closed
                  I can't undersund why it's needed to pay attention on at all? If he would do smth criminal then it would be a case, but he didn't - just a stupid thing like everybody did/does.

Will someone make it clear about my questions in the post above?

Comment

I know this is another youngster you might be obsessed about [...]
                    Obsession or not, this is only the third individual prospect players' thread I created in this forum. First was Valanciunas, second Domas Sabonis, now - Tubelis. Let's see if I'm right and would he pan out into an elite big.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                      I can't undersund why it's needed to pay attention on at all? If he would do smth criminal then it would be a case, but he didn't - just a stupid thing like everybody did/does.

Will someone make it clear about my questions in the post above?
                      This is the world we're living. Clickbaits, sensations = money. People are hungry of it, that's the human nature, especially of these grey masses. It's been like that for decades. Now we just reached new level of this BS. I really hate how it all goes public nowadays. No privacy at all. Not only what comes to players, but regular people too. I'm so happy that during my teen days when all went wild there were no iphones, instagram and etc. You could drink, make fun, hangout without looking over your shoulder. Now I'm fcking uncomfortable to do this at times as there might be dumb people around and take some photo or video. It's sad thing to see people not being able to have fun without phone, nor in concerts, nor in parties, nor anywhere, they are missing a lot

Obsession or not, this is only the third individual prospect players' thread I created in this forum. First was Valanciunas, second Domas Sabonis, now - Tubelis. Let's see if I'm right and would he pan out into an elite big.
                      I hope you are right and he will, even tho I've seen him very little. That's a bit sad that he came into attention this way, but I guess this might be good motivational sh*t to prove that he can ball too

Comment

You asked for information. So i give you a short info. Turkey played with LTU in the baltic cup and LTU got totally crushed. Alperen Sengün dominated LTU in the paint. LTU seems to have a big scoring problem after third quarter they scored just 39 points. Tubelis had some nice steals but was not strong enough against to turkish bigs. He definitely needs to get stronger.

Lithuanian Basketball Federation, Baltic Cup U18, Check out the full statistics here

Comment

You asked for information. So i give you a short info. Turkey played with LTU in the baltic cup and LTU got totally crushed. Alperen Sengün dominated LTU in the paint. LTU seems to have a big scoring problem after third quarter they scored just 39 points. Tubelis had some nice steals but was not strong enough against to turkish bigs. He definitely needs to get stronger.

https://www.fibalivestats.com/u/LKF/1306701/
                          Seems like Tubelis met another very strong prospect ŞENGÜN and had a disappointing game. Maybe a rivalry just as Valanciunas had with Kanter? Both Sengun and Tubelis are 17yo, both are powerforwards (right?). We'll see how thing will develop in official games, as I understood the team is bit tired, rather intense preparation.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Seems like Tubelis met another very strong prospect ŞENGÜN and had a disappointing game
                            Yeah but i have to admit that the 2001 2002 generation of turkey is very strong. Sengün played also U17 when he was 15 so he is very matured for his age. Never mind its the tubelis thread and not Sengün.

Maybe a rivalry just as Valanciunas had with Kanter?
                            I understand your excitement but its too early to talk about that. Both are very skilled but very different player types. Sengün is a nonathletic Center with the best footwork since Kanter. Until now he dominated everyone in one vs. one. Maybe a bit comparable with the shorter version of Vladi Divac.

Both Sengun and Tubelis are 17yo, both are powerforwards (right?)
                            Well Sengün is both PF/C. Another similarity is both are bad ft shooter.

We'll see how thing will develop in official games, as I understood the team is bit tired, rather intense preparation.
                            Its not sure if both teams will face one another but its the second prep. game since both teams faced one another in Italy. LTU lost there as well. Except macilionis and Tubelis there is not many remarkable prospects on ltu side. The 2003 generation has 3 interesting guys though. I remember Emils Butkus und two Shooting bigs. U16 Turkey vs LTU U16 will be a nice matchup. I see LTU a bit stronger there unlike U18.

Comment

Watched how Tubelis looks against older guys. He had 4 blocks and contested tons of shots. Drawn plenty of fouls. He is stronger and more explosive than most of 18yo. Athelticism and explosiveness wise, he's surely an elite prospect, there's no doubt about it. Im pleased with what I saw except shooting, particularly FT. He should work on that as soon as possible.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Tubelis's haters on Lithuanian bb. webs have all the right to do their work today. He walked with a pissed face and was poor offensively making free throws extremely bad - 4/12.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information