Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ąžuolas Tubelis thread

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    17yo kids at U18 EC:

JV 19.3 pts, 10,6r, 2,2b
    Sabonis 14pts, 11,4r, 1.4a
    Tubelis 14,9pts, 12,6r, 3,4b, 2,4a
    Sedekerskis 12.6pts, 7r, 2.3a
    Well there's no doubt that Ąžuolas Tubelis turned out to be Lithuania's best player in this year's European U18 championship.Now if he'd just work on his free throw shooting....

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    It's needed to say that this year's U18 both Lithuanian team and the whole competition were really poor in terms of quality.

Also Motiejunas can be added btw - 13.6 pts, 6.2r.
    Oh, yeah, missed Motiejunas. But since to me he's more like retired player I kinda forget about him. It's the same as I would put down some Kleiza's performances at that level, it's irrelevant.

I don't know about these levels...Sabonis' generation was also pretty crappy...JV as 17yo played with a bunch of guards who also couldn't make a single shot. Remember that game when he dropped 37pts...It was ridiculous, no-one realistically helped JV, but he had Peciukevicius, Cizauskas and Varnauskas aorund him, much more capable passers than Tubelis had around. It may go wither way, Sabonis didn't look extremely good au his age category at U18, but the focus was on him. He looked much better in NCAA competition were he had more freedom and defence wasn't collapsing on him alone. Tubelis as I see it had to work hard to make a bucket, the passing of this team was horrid, I mean horrid. No easy points for him. Thus his % is pretty bad from 2. In NKL season he has 60%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Here's the podcast discussing Tubelis at 1:00:07:

https://www.thestepien.com/2019/09/2...acio-rissotto/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tubelis dunk of the night. LOL how Perlas' coach G.Vileita reacted at the sidelines Saulius Kuzminskas as an assistant coach:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUlRCzLi4Dk
    Last edited by Straight forward; 10-03-2019 at 08:13 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Tubelis dunk of the night. LOL how Perlas' coach G.Vileita reacted at the sidelines Saulius Kuzminskas as an assistant coach:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUlRCzLi4Dk
    Did he get injured or what? He played like 11 min if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    Did he get injured or what? He played like 11 min if I remember correctly.
    Fouled out. Really sissy calls by NKL refs. I think for athletic dudes like Tubelis should be a real pain in the ass. Overall Euro ball still suffers from inconsistent handling of games physicality. NBA is doing much better job at this point. Off course, Tubelis still pretty wild himself as well, he will learn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123