Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alba Berlin 2019-20

Alba will probably try to compete with the following roster:

Coach: Hopefully Aito. He has an offer from Alba but wants to decide after his eye-surgery in this summer. He had problems with bright light in the arena in the end of the season. He wants to go on, but he has to be heathy. Ojeda (Manager) is also thinking of a part time Coaching Job for Aito. His assistant would coach some more games in the BBL.

PG: Siva, Peno, Mattisseck (Hermannson/Mason) --> Siva extrended for 2 years; Peno was injured most of last season but is expected to return in the beginning of the season; Mason is a senior from Baylor with a german Passport; Hermannson can also play at PG

SG: Hermannson, Mason, Ogbe (Mattisseck) --> they might be searching for a SG as Scoring Option (Rumors about Erikson from Gran Canaria); Mattisseck has on offer from Alba, which he will probably take.

SF: Giedraitis, Giffey --> Giedraitis is to stay with Alba as he seemed to turn down some higher offers from other EL Clubs (Khimki); Giffey has also an offer from Alba and hopefully will stay as the Captain of the Team

PF: Sikma, Schneider (Thiemann) --> Sikma extended his contract for four years; Thiemann who played at C last year might see some minutes at PF, if Schneider is unable to compete in EL

C: Nnoko, X, Thiemann ---> Alba is searching for a replacement for Dennis Clifford at C. There are no rumors yet, Alba Fans wish its Matias Lessort from Unicaja.

Individually the Roster is weak for EL standards, but if they keep Giffey, almost all players remain from last year, so in the beginning of the season Alba will have the advantage of an well coordinated Team with a great Coach who developes the young players. It will be exciting to see how Mattisseck, Ogbe, Mason, Schneider, Peno will be able to compete in EL. Aito will definetly give all of the young players a chance to prove themselves and accept their mistakes. If they can step up, Alba will have a competing Team. Otherwise it will be tough.

Welcome to the boards, Albanesean.
    I copied your post as a starter for Alba-specific thread. I hope you do not mind.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
      Welcome to the boards, Albanesean.
      I copied your post as a starter for Alba-specific thread. I hope you do not mind.
      Of Course not

Comment

Today Alba officially announced the signing of Eriksson for 4 years! He will be a great fit, in my opinion, one of the best shooters in the competition. He is also able to shoot from far outside, so he will create a good spacing.

Comment

Giedraitis, Eriksson, Hermannson. Dont you think ALBA fans it will be the hole on defense in EL?

Comment

Originally posted by AMJA View Post
            Giedraitis, Eriksson, Hermannson. Dont you think ALBA fans it will be the hole on defense in EL?
            It will be interesting to see how their Defense works in higher EL level. Last season individually the players were not the best, but Aitos Team defense worked out fine. The defensiv concept is not so much relying on individually strong defenders. Also I think Giedraitis is a decent defender. Hermannson is too small for SG, so he will probably play a lot of PG next season.

Comment

Full disclosure, I'm quite new to EuroLeague and ALBA, definitely not as knowledgable as many of you here. With this roster, even with Eriksson on board, I don't see how they can squeeze out anything more than around 10-12 wins this season. Based on how everyone else stands, this feels like a 12th-15th place type season for a young team, good amount of raw talent but not enough to adapt to the powerhouse EL environment. Coming from BBL, their SOS last year was around the same intensity as teams like Brescia, Kalev Cramo, Tofas, which is not EL-level type play. They're an exciting team to watch, nonetheless, and just tracking the development of the young'uns under Aito will be enjoyable, but I would say this is a 12-22 type season incoming for them, unless the guards wildly overperform and start killing it with their shots.

Comment

And that is exactly what the goal this season is. Everyone knows it will be tough to compete barca, fener etc. It's all about trying to compete. Reaching the playoffs would be a huge and very unexpected accomplishment.

Comment

With the re-signing of Giffey and Mattisseck, the Alba rooster is complete

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information