No announcement yet.

Panathinaikos 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, Rion Brown should replace Thanasis, so it would still be possible to fill the SF position of Lojeski with Roll as the Deal between Michael Roll, Milan to fall through.
    But according to latest reports I dont read about any further signing. Rion Brown would be a good fit to help SG + SF as a third choice. So I still hope for a player like Roll to share minutes with Papapetrou -
    I think Kuzminskas would be great fit to that team as he brings size but we dont have the budget for.

So it´s net salary approximately from reports I read or estimate:

PG: Calathes, Rice, Kalaitzakis (2,3Mio/600K/180K) 3,08Mio
    SG: Fredette, Pappas (1,75Mio/700K) 2,35Mio
    SF: Papapetrou, Rion Brown (700K/400K) 1,1Mio
    PF: Thomas, Wiley, Mitoglou, (700K/500K/500K) 1,7Mio
    C: Papagiannis, Ben Bentil, (700K/400K) 1,1Mio
    total: 9,3 Mio net salaries / frontcourt: 3,9Mio for 7Players - backcourt: 5,4Mio for 5Players

Compared the roster to last season, I see the replacements as follows:

Pedoulakis for Pitino - clear deficit because Pitino has brought extra motivation and glamor.
    Rice much stronger than Lekavicius
    Fredette theoretically stronger than Langford whether it remains "much stronger" we will see, he has the potential to become one of the league's top scorers.
    (but if Fredette cost us a Starter SF I am not shure if that will pay of becasue we dont have a good replacment of Lojeski)
    Wiley will play C and PF, probably not worse than the old Gist - but I see not much quality difference there.
    Ben Bentil if he will replace Vougiouskas, he will be at least fresher than a 34-year-old. For Pana important that he does not fail.

So in the end it is very important that Papagiannis carries on with his performance at which he stopped by the last 7 games he was 9ts 5reb in 20min
    and I hope he has found the way to play consistently. Grace period is over for him.

My Prediction when the roster stays like above, Place 6-9
    When we get a good SF, Place 4-7 (first 3 Places are reserved for Real, Fener and Barca. The 4 place probably reserved for CSKA they lose to mutch quality to be a titel contender this saison.

We saved money with the signs of Pedoulakis, Rion Brown and Ben Bentil if that saving just lead to Fredette signing I am not so happy with because our frontcourt is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Demetrios I. Soter View Post
      My Prediction when the roster stays like above, Place 6-9
      When we get a good SF, Place 4-7 (first 3 Places are reserved for Real, Fener and Barca. The 4 place probably reserved for CSKA they lose to mutch quality to be a titel contender this saison.
      there are a few players unknown to me in this roster, such as Bentil and Brown, but I don't see this team above the 6th.
      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
        there are a few players unknown to me in this roster, such as Bentil and Brown, but I don't see this team above the 6th.
        Yes, Levenpiel - to be above 6, we would need a good additional SF.
        I do not know them either as I dont realy follow this leagues but both had goods stats last saison and both have potencial.
        Rion Brown in Championsleague: 15.3Pts. 4.8Reb 1.9Ass
        Ben Bentil in the Greek League: 12.5Pts. 6.7Reb 1.0Ass

Comment

I think it will be hard for this team to fight for 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
            They are players that had a good year in competitive teams in Greece. It will either be the case that (one or both) step up and we can have EL worthy players with small contracts, or they will be a bust and we will lose (some, not much) money.

Adding Fredette could either solve our problems, or create more

Finally, I believe we need a consistent C. Rumors that we approached Koufos seem to agree with this.

Time will tell but I believe that the thought of the management regarding these transfers is sound.

Panathinaikos next year will have the same goal as the years before.
            1. Get to the playoffs
            2. Give it all we got to try and be competitive in the quarter finals.

From there, it will be great if:
            We ended up somewhere above 6th

Going to the F4 will be a small (welcomed) miracle.
            3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

Originally posted by paspalj View Post
              They are players that had a good year in competitive teams in Greece. It will either be the case that (one or both) step up and we can have EL worthy players with small contracts, or they will be a bust and we will lose (some, not much) money.

Adding Fredette could either solve our problems, or create more

Finally, I believe we need a consistent C. Rumors that we approached Koufos seem to agree with this.

Time will tell but I believe that the thought of the management regarding these transfers is sound.

Panathinaikos next year will have the same goal as the years before.
              1. Get to the playoffs
              2. Give it all we got to try and be competitive in the quarter finals.

From there, it will be great if:
              We ended up somewhere above 6th

Going to the F4 will be a small (welcomed) miracle.
              Did Rion Brown sign for PAO?

He was my favorite player in the Greek League this season. I love his spirit, toughness. He is a great athlete, probably one of the best rebounding SG/SF in Europe. He can shoot, he cuts to the basket, kills it in transition. A great, great guy.

In general, I think that Promitheas is doing a great job putting together squads on a budget.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                Did Rion Brown sign for PAO?

He was my favorite player in the Greek League this season. I love his spirit, toughness. He is a great athlete, probably one of the best rebounding SG/SF in Europe. He can shoot, he cuts to the basket, kills it in transition. A great, great guy.

In general, I think that Promitheas is doing a great job putting together squads on a budget.
                I think he is about to sign - his teammate Christos Saloustros high praises him as exceptional character and called him a diamond player.

Comment

Originally posted by Demetrios I. Soter View Post
                  I think he is about to sign - his teammate Christos Saloustros high praises him as exceptional character and called him a diamond player.
                  I love his game and attitude. I hoped to see him in Zvezda this season, but somebody thought that it was a better idea to renew Lazic

Comment

Roster currently stands at:

PG Nick Calathes, Tyrese Rice, Giorgos Kalaitzakis
                    SG: Jimmer Fridette, Nikos Pappas
                    SG/SF: Wesley Johnson
                    SF: Ioannis Papapetrou, Rion Brown,
                    PF: DeShawn Thomas, Dinos Mitoglou
                    C: Giorgos Papagiannis, Jacob Wiley and Benjamin Bentil.

Coach Pedoulakis said we will sign another 2 Greek players but not mentioning which ones or if Ian Vougioukas will stay. I find it unlikely because his salary is 250-300K.

*Aristotelis Sotiriou will play in NCAA with University of Texas- PAO reserving his rights for Europe)
                    ** Marcus Denmon is on the books but highly unlikely ever to play with us. PAO is taking him to the courts because we claim he has a signed contract from last year before he left for China.
                    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
                      Roster currently stands at:

PG Nick Calathes, Tyrese Rice, Giorgos Kalaitzakis
                      SG: Jimmer Fridette, Nikos Pappas
                      SG/SF: Wesley Johnson
                      SF: Ioannis Papapetrou, Rion Brown,
                      PF: DeShawn Thomas, Dinos Mitoglou
                      C: Giorgos Papagiannis, Jacob Wiley and Benjamin Bentil.

Coach Pedoulakis said we will sign another 2 Greek players but not mentioning which ones or if Ian Vougioukas will stay. I find it unlikely because his salary is 250-300K.

*Aristotelis Sotiriou will play in NCAA with University of Texas- PAO reserving his rights for Europe)
                      ** Marcus Denmon is on the books but highly unlikely ever to play with us. PAO is taking him to the courts because we claim he has a signed contract from last year before he left for China.
                      Imo Very good backcourt rotation but weak front court.
                      If coach was Pitino I would rank this team 4th or 5th but now 7th or 8th...
                      Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
                        Imo Very good backcourt rotation but weak front court.
                        If coach was Pitino I would rank this team 4th or 5th but now 7th or 8th...
                        I heartily agree with you though I think 6th place is a strong possibility after Fener, Efes, Barca, Real and CSKA.

I think a player like Seraphin would make us a a top 4 contender. After all, no team is perfect in every position. Our issue is that we are very inexperienced at 4 and 5 with several gambles.
                        Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                        Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

I heartily agree with you though I think 6th place is a strong possibility after Fener, Efes, Barca, Real and CSKA.

I think a player like Seraphin would make us a a top 4 contender. After all, no team is perfect in every position. Our issue is that we are very inexperienced at 4 and 5 with several gambles.
                          I reserve 6th position for Milano due to Messina factor at the moment. Otherwise rosters Pao > Milano.
                          Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

One advantage for Pao would be that every team will focus on beating Efes more due to their success, which might increase unexpected losses for them. But I also agree with Efesdxb, Messina might be what Milano has been missing and they might be much better.
                            Dilimde şarkıların gĂ¼ndĂ¼z gece
                            Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                            Bu dĂ¼nyayı yakarız senin için
                            Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

All Signings of Panathinaikos B.C. in 2019/20 Off Season ● Παναθηναϊκός ΒΚ 2019/20

good summer for the greens.
                              enjoy (:

https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

All Signings of Panathinaikos B.C. in 2019/20 Off Season ● Παναθηναϊκός ΒΚ 2019/20

https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information