Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Panathinaikos 2019-20

Best European Basketball Highlights Channel - AGHighlights
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKJ..._as=subscriber

Senior Member Demetrios I. Soter's Avatar

It´s not official yet,

But I'm really looking forward to see his performance with Pana in Euroleague, some years ago he was a topic for Pana and I wanted to see him with Pana. But it is a risky transfer for Pana´s budget. Chances are max 50% - 50% that Fredette will performe according his salary. So what would that be? In numbers I guess all under 15pts. average would be a disappointment. I would have a much better feeling about when Pitino was there but he is the reason because we save the money to spend it in this bet.
    Hope there is still money for a solide the SF position. Kuzminskas is in conversation.

Finally my tension with Fredette outweighed! I'm positive!

Default Panathinaikos 2019-20

so calathes will not be alone this year with fredette on his side. OAKA will love him anyway when he pulls up from 8 and 9 meters to shoot. he will have to adjust to european basketball but if he does he is able to average 20+points. of course his defense doesnt exist but who cares if he can score so easy. fredette's scoring skills are above james by far so we should expect him to explode if he gets familiar with euroleague competition. anyway we need to wait until he sends his contract signed and read the announcement from the team's official site.

roll and rion brown from promitheus will be the last 2 moves and the roster will be the one below. overloaded in 1-2-3 and looks like something's missing (a rim protector) at frontcourt. bentil and willey will be announced today or in the next few days,they are already players of the team

pg calathes,rice,kalaitzakis
    sg fredette,pappas
    g/f roll,rion brown
    sf papapetrou
    pf thomas,mitoglou
    pf/c bentil
    c papagiannis, willey, vougioukas(not sure about him,but he will most probably stay)
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by arelg View Post
    great add

Are we seriously headed into another year without a good/serious center?
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Looks like roll will end up in armani milan,so panathinaikos has chosen to get austin hollins. there were rumours he agreed with partizan,but it wasnt reliable as it seems. the team has already agreed with willey (gran canaria), bentil (peristeri) and rion brown(promitheas). they will be announced during the next days i guess and the roster will be completed probably with vougioukas

pg calathes,rice
    sg fredette,pappas
    g/f X(austin hollins??)
    sf papapetrou
    pf thomas, mitoglou
    f/c bentil
    c papagiannis,willey,vougioukas(?)

edit:forgot rion brown at g/f. we will get both him and another one,hollins i guess
    Last edited by saras; 07-11-2019 at 06:37 AM.
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    Looks like roll will end up in armani milan,so panathinaikos has chosen to get austin hollins. there were rumours he agreed with partizan,but it wasnt reliable as it seems. the team has already agreed with willey (gran canaria), bentil (peristeri) and rion brown(promitheas). they will be announced during the next days i guess and the roster will be completed probably with vougioukas

pg calathes,rice
    sg fredette,pappas
    g/f X(austin hollins??)
    sf papapetrou
    pf thomas, mitoglou
    f/c bentil
    c papagiannis,willey,vougioukas(?)

edit:forgot rion brown at g/f. we will get both him and another one,hollins i guess
    is Austin Hollins not a SG and we already have Fredette, Pappas and Rice who can take minutes as SG

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios I. Soter View Post
    is Austin Hollins not a SG and we already have Fredette, Pappas and Rice who can take minutes as SG
    hollins (and rion brown) are very athletic although not very tall. they can both play as sf the way rudy plays as a sf at real madrid. the tall guy there is papapetrou and maybe thomas for some minutes.

hollins and brown will replace lojeski and antetokunbo
    rice will replace lekavicius
    fredette will replace langford
    pappas will replace killpatrick.

there are a lot of games next season,and injuries are always a factor we should consider. there will be plenty of time for everyone to play. looks like we are trying to overload our backcourt and have our prospects in the frontcourt. lets see how this works out. the team will be even more athletic than last year and we need to run as much as possible. i would be extremely happy if this roster has pitino as a coach. i hate pedoulakis and i hope he is not silly enough to go on a slower tempo like the first time he was at the team. calathes and the rest of the athletic guys and shooters can be deadly in fast pace. even papagiannis,he is too fast on the open court for a 2.20 guy
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

We are short of a 5th guard and a SF.

Rice will only play at PG as he's more of a pg than Fredette.

Our biggest waste of money is on Pappas. His value is nowhere near his 800K salary.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    hollins (and rion brown) are very athletic although not very tall. they can both play as sf the way rudy plays as a sf at real madrid. the tall guy there is papapetrou and maybe thomas for some minutes.

hollins and brown will replace lojeski and antetokunbo
    rice will replace lekavicius
    fredette will replace langford
    pappas will replace killpatrick.

there are a lot of games next season,and injuries are always a factor we should consider. there will be plenty of time for everyone to play. looks like we are trying to overload our backcourt and have our prospects in the frontcourt. lets see how this works out. the team will be even more athletic than last year and we need to run as much as possible. i would be extremely happy if this roster has pitino as a coach. i hate pedoulakis and i hope he is not silly enough to go on a slower tempo like the first time he was at the team. calathes and the rest of the athletic guys and shooters can be deadly in fast pace. even papagiannis,he is too fast on the open court for a 2.20 guy
    How far has gone negotiation with Hollins?
    Is he the only option for PAO?
    Nije uvek lako, ali je uvek lepo navijati za Partizan.

Actually, Rion Brown should replace Thanasis, so it would still be possible to fill the SF position of Lojeski with Roll as the Deal between Michael Roll, Milan to fall through.
    But according to latest reports I dont read about any further signing. Rion Brown would be a good fit to help SG + SF as a third choice. So I still hope for a player like Roll to share minutes with Papapetrou -
    I think Kuzminskas would be great fit to that team as he brings size but we dont have the budget for.

So it´s net salary approximately from reports I read or estimate:

PG: Calathes, Rice, Kalaitzakis (2,3Mio/600K/180K) 3,08Mio
    SG: Fredette, Pappas (1,75Mio/700K) 2,35Mio
    SF: Papapetrou, Rion Brown (700K/400K) 1,1Mio
    PF: Thomas, Wiley, Mitoglou, (700K/500K/500K) 1,7Mio
    C: Papagiannis, Ben Bentil, (700K/400K) 1,1Mio
    total: 9,3 Mio net salaries / frontcourt: 3,9Mio for 7Players - backcourt: 5,4Mio for 5Players

Compared the roster to last season, I see the replacements as follows:

Pedoulakis for Pitino - clear deficit because Pitino has brought extra motivation and glamor.
    Rice much stronger than Lekavicius
    Fredette theoretically stronger than Langford whether it remains "much stronger" we will see, he has the potential to become one of the league's top scorers.
    (but if Fredette cost us a Starter SF I am not shure if that will pay of becasue we dont have a good replacment of Lojeski)
    Wiley will play C and PF, probably not worse than the old Gist - but I see not much quality difference there.
    Ben Bentil if he will replace Vougiouskas, he will be at least fresher than a 34-year-old. For Pana important that he does not fail.

So in the end it is very important that Papagiannis carries on with his performance at which he stopped by the last 7 games he was 9ts 5reb in 20min
    and I hope he has found the way to play consistently. Grace period is over for him.

My Prediction when the roster stays like above, Place 6-9
    When we get a good SF, Place 4-7 (first 3 Places are reserved for Real, Fener and Barca. The 4 place probably reserved for CSKA they lose to mutch quality to be a titel contender this saison.

We saved money with the signs of Pedoulakis, Rion Brown and Ben Bentil if that saving just lead to Fredette signing I am not so happy with because our frontcourt is weak.

My Prediction when the roster stays like above, Place 6-9
    When we get a good SF, Place 4-7 (first 3 Places are reserved for Real, Fener and Barca. The 4 place probably reserved for CSKA they lose to mutch quality to be a titel contender this saison.
    there are a few players unknown to me in this roster, such as Bentil and Brown, but I don't see this team above the 6th.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    there are a few players unknown to me in this roster, such as Bentil and Brown, but I don't see this team above the 6th.
    Yes, Levenpiel - to be above 6, we would need a good additional SF.
    I do not know them either as I dont realy follow this leagues but both had goods stats last saison and both have potencial.
    Rion Brown in Championsleague: 15.3Pts. 4.8Reb 1.9Ass
    Ben Bentil in the Greek League: 12.5Pts. 6.7Reb 1.0Ass

I think it will be hard for this team to fight for 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    They are players that had a good year in competitive teams in Greece. It will either be the case that (one or both) step up and we can have EL worthy players with small contracts, or they will be a bust and we will lose (some, not much) money.

Adding Fredette could either solve our problems, or create more

Finally, I believe we need a consistent C. Rumors that we approached Koufos seem to agree with this.

Time will tell but I believe that the thought of the management regarding these transfers is sound.

Panathinaikos next year will have the same goal as the years before.
    1. Get to the playoffs
    2. Give it all we got to try and be competitive in the quarter finals.

From there, it will be great if:
    We ended up somewhere above 6th

Going to the F4 will be a small (welcomed) miracle.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    They are players that had a good year in competitive teams in Greece. It will either be the case that (one or both) step up and we can have EL worthy players with small contracts, or they will be a bust and we will lose (some, not much) money.

Adding Fredette could either solve our problems, or create more

Finally, I believe we need a consistent C. Rumors that we approached Koufos seem to agree with this.

Time will tell but I believe that the thought of the management regarding these transfers is sound.

Panathinaikos next year will have the same goal as the years before.
    1. Get to the playoffs
    2. Give it all we got to try and be competitive in the quarter finals.

From there, it will be great if:
    We ended up somewhere above 6th

Going to the F4 will be a small (welcomed) miracle.
    Did Rion Brown sign for PAO?

He was my favorite player in the Greek League this season. I love his spirit, toughness. He is a great athlete, probably one of the best rebounding SG/SF in Europe. He can shoot, he cuts to the basket, kills it in transition. A great, great guy.

In general, I think that Promitheas is doing a great job putting together squads on a budget.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    Did Rion Brown sign for PAO?

He was my favorite player in the Greek League this season. I love his spirit, toughness. He is a great athlete, probably one of the best rebounding SG/SF in Europe. He can shoot, he cuts to the basket, kills it in transition. A great, great guy.

In general, I think that Promitheas is doing a great job putting together squads on a budget.
    I think he is about to sign - his teammate Christos Saloustros high praises him as exceptional character and called him a diamond player.

I think he is about to sign - his teammate Christos Saloustros high praises him as exceptional character and called him a diamond player.
    I love his game and attitude. I hoped to see him in Zvezda this season, but somebody thought that it was a better idea to renew Lazic

Roster currently stands at:

PG Nick Calathes, Tyrese Rice, Giorgos Kalaitzakis
    SG: Jimmer Fridette, Nikos Pappas
    SG/SF: Wesley Johnson
    SF: Ioannis Papapetrou, Rion Brown,
    PF: DeShawn Thomas, Dinos Mitoglou
    C: Giorgos Papagiannis, Jacob Wiley and Benjamin Bentil.

Coach Pedoulakis said we will sign another 2 Greek players but not mentioning which ones or if Ian Vougioukas will stay. I find it unlikely because his salary is 250-300K.

*Aristotelis Sotiriou will play in NCAA with University of Texas- PAO reserving his rights for Europe)
    ** Marcus Denmon is on the books but highly unlikely ever to play with us. PAO is taking him to the courts because we claim he has a signed contract from last year before he left for China.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Quote Originally Posted by EverGreen View Post
    Roster currently stands at:

PG Nick Calathes, Tyrese Rice, Giorgos Kalaitzakis
    SG: Jimmer Fridette, Nikos Pappas
    SG/SF: Wesley Johnson
    SF: Ioannis Papapetrou, Rion Brown,
    PF: DeShawn Thomas, Dinos Mitoglou
    C: Giorgos Papagiannis, Jacob Wiley and Benjamin Bentil.

Coach Pedoulakis said we will sign another 2 Greek players but not mentioning which ones or if Ian Vougioukas will stay. I find it unlikely because his salary is 250-300K.

*Aristotelis Sotiriou will play in NCAA with University of Texas- PAO reserving his rights for Europe)
    ** Marcus Denmon is on the books but highly unlikely ever to play with us. PAO is taking him to the courts because we claim he has a signed contract from last year before he left for China.
    Imo Very good backcourt rotation but weak front court.
    If coach was Pitino I would rank this team 4th or 5th but now 7th or 8th...
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast