No announcement yet.

Turkish Basketball League (BSL) - 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure I remember reading on Raznatovic's twitter that Preldzic was staying with Bahcesehir. How did he perform for them last season?

And what is the deal with Afyon Belediye and Istanbul BSB? Are those empty rosters a sign that those teams are in trouble?

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
      I'm pretty sure I remember reading on Raznatovic's twitter that Preldzic was staying with Bahcesehir. How did he perform for them last season?
      You're right, Raznatovic apparently did tweet him and Slaughter are staying with Bahcesehir, thanks.
      I also found out "The Sixers acquired Richardson, Toronto's 2022 2nd round pick and the rights to Emir Preldzic yesterday in exchange for cash considerations" on Feb 7.

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
      And what is the deal with Afyon Belediye and Istanbul BSB? Are those empty rosters a sign that those teams are in trouble?
      Afyon, yes, exactly. it's still not sure if they will continue in the BSL, but the chances seem more than 50%.
      Istanbul BSB is going to be there in the league, at least they're sharing the league schedule and inviting fans to the games, but they haven't done anything with the roster yet.
      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Something must have changed, didn't Slaughter sign with AEK a couple of days ago?

It's funny seeing these draft rights to players drafted over a decade ago still being traded around the NBA.

Thanks for the info about Afyon and Istanbul BB. I remember a few teams withdrawing from the league last summer so was curious when I saw those empty rosters.

Comment

BSL teams are either signing or running after players like Birkan Batuk, Samet Geyik, Arna, Ermis, Akyel, Yildizli, Demir, Kosut, Turkyilmaz, etc. These are mostly underperforming, disappointing, or to say it bluntly useless players. They haven't and they won't get better, but they do have a market. That's a massive issue, the mediocrity is not penalized, and that's why our bball league is doomed, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
            BSL teams are either signing or running after players like Birkan Batuk, Samet Geyik, Arna, Ermis, Akyel, Yildizli, Demir, Kosut, Turkyilmaz, etc. These are mostly underperforming, disappointing, or to say it bluntly useless players. They haven't and they won't get better, but they do have a market. That's a massive issue, the mediocrity is not penalized, and that's why our bball league is doomed, imho.
            I had thought that we'd send Arna on loan as he didn't really progress other than some random outbursts, and try our luck with Tırpancı and Biberovic. But apparently with Güler out we will keep him as we need 6 Turkish players... right? Not sure about the rule. We currently have Dixon/Biberovic (only one counts as Turkish afaik), Melih, Tırpancı, Arna, Candan, Düverioğlu.

Most teams are in situations like this. When you take into account number of Turkish players that have a guaranteed spot in the first league, you are bound to get some mediocre players. Still I would like more teams gambling for youth. At least there is a chance they won't suck.
            Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
            Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
            Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
            Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
              I had thought that we'd send Arna on loan as he didn't really progress other than some random outbursts, and try our luck with Tırpancı and Biberovic. But apparently with Güler out we will keep him as we need 6 Turkish players... right? Not sure about the rule. We currently have Dixon/Biberovic (only one counts as Turkish afaik), Melih, Tırpancı, Arna, Candan, Düverioğlu.

Most teams are in situations like this. When you take into account number of Turkish players that have a guaranteed spot in the first league, you are bound to get some mediocre players. Still I would like more teams gambling for youth. At least there is a chance they won't suck.
              yes, that's the gist of it. the foreign player quota creates the guaranteed spots, and consequently, this "filler player" market. Teams know they won't use them, hence no expectations/no pressure on players. The players know they won't be playing but paid, hence no motivation. A young player at least could have bigger ambitions.

in Fener's case, as far as I know, there is a chance Biberovic will be counted as Turkish, not naturalized. Then all of Dixon, Duverioglu, and Biberovic can be together in roster.

Comment

Sorry but this Tirpanci kid is big garbage. Ive been following these kids for years now and he is the worst among all prospects of those which could show up.

Comment

The thing with Biberovic is even sadder. This kid was with 15 one of the top three talents of Europe and his father forced him to continue in Turkey. He hasnt played for 3 years now and if he sits on the bench this season you can really forget about that kid.

The only talented guy who could really have a nice european career from fener youth except Biberovic is David Sarper Mutaf. I hope he can learn the pick and roll game of Sloukas. He has everything to be a very good combo guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                    Sorry but this Tirpanci kid is big garbage. Ive been following these kids for years now and he is the worst among all prospects of those which could show up.
                    Eh, I wouldn't go as far but I didn't watch him other than A team and some U team games. What I don't like about him is his lack of agility and timidness. He needs to solve both of these, which is really hard. Other than that his court vision and shooting is decent. Biberovic on the other hand oozes potential but he needs to play more than last year i.e. more than occasional minutes in EL and BSL. I didn't watch David Sarper Mutaf.
                    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                    Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Kenan Sipahi joins Real Betis to revive his career. I expected him to sign with another mid-range Turkish team and if truth be known I am quite surprised with this move. He wasted his one season in Beşiktaş where the club withheld the payments that caused disturbance within the team and directly affected the performances of players on court.

Spanish league has a good atmosphere to make a clean break. He will probably get a primary role in Betis. I hope he picks up his steam and be much better player at the end of the season. We will see if he finally unleashes his potential. Still a believer in him.
                      Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Afyon, yes, exactly. it's still not sure if they will continue in the BSL, but the chances seem more than 50%.
                        well, chances are like 5% now, the entire Afyon management resigned.

- edit; new management came, and they're on!
                        Last edited by Levenspiel; 09-05-2019, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                          Kenan Sipahi joins Real Betis to revive his career. I expected him to sign with another mid-range Turkish team and if truth be known I am quite surprised with this move. He wasted his one season in Beşiktaş where the club withheld the payments that caused disturbance within the team and directly affected the performances of players on court.

Spanish league has a good atmosphere to make a clean break. He will probably get a primary role in Betis. I hope he picks up his steam and be much better player at the end of the season. We will see if he finally unleashes his potential. Still a believer in him.
                          Kenan Sipahi and Albert Oliver next to AJ Slaughter. What an odd group of guards.

Comment

well, chances are like 5% now, the entire Afyon management resigned.

- edit; new management came, and they're on!
                            Istanbul BSB just dropped out of the BSL. Seems quite close to the start of the season for this decision.

Comment

Former Fenerbahçe player Sinan Güler just transferred to Darüşşafaka. You can find out more about it here: https://www.basketall.org/sinan-guler-kimdir/

Comment

OK the bsl started and I watched almost all games so far.

Karsiyaka looks very very strong this season even without Crocker. Bitim couldnt contribute at all. The roles seem to be astonishingly well distributed. This team should be the third strongest team of turkey right now.

My team Bandirma needs time as I expected but I never expected them to be so bad. No play making, stupid shot decisions, bad very bad transition defense. Therry the new center is too short and too weak. Jordan Morgan has dominated him the whole game.

I am not sure if I should be happy or sad but the best player of Bandirma Power Forward DJ Shelton got injured and wont play this season anymore. This means (if they wont sign a new guy) Alperen Sengün will start the entire season. I am for it. I dont care if they cant make the playoffs. The development of the prospects are much more important.

BTW Bandirma played the most competitive period with Sengün on the court. He was one of the best and is also ready for bsl.

The most interesting game took place in Bursa. I must say the new Team Durmazlar seems to have a good chemistry. Tofas played without Samuel Mejia and lost because of stupid decisions in the last 2 minutes. The team will be fine. It just needs time.

Muhaymin Mustafa seem to have an important role in this team. He played 15 minutes and even finished the game. He didnt take many shots but was very solid on the defensive end due to his long arms and above average leaping abilities.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information