No announcement yet.

Turkish Basketball League (BSL) - 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never been so happy to see unimportant league games like today Turkish ones in this tragic break. Hope everyone stays safe and clean and you'll continue so that we can see at least some basketball the next weeks.

Comment

FENERBAHÇE
      --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
      --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
      --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
      --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
        I've never been so happy to see unimportant league games like today Turkish ones in this tragic break. Hope everyone stays safe and clean and you'll continue so that we can see at least some basketball the next weeks.
        I am not expectin to see any further game till beginning of May, as the number of cases are growing in Turkey.
        Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Suspended.

FENERBAHÇE
          --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
          --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
          --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
          --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Tofas made his first move with Alihan Demir who has spent his last 5 years in NCAA. He is 206cm and primarily a power forward but his ability to put the ball on the floor and his good post game let him also use as five in small ball line ups and small forward in big linups. Another plus of his game is passing.

The points that he needs to work is shooting from outside and legs need to get faster. He is used to take responsibility and right now delivering in Eurocup or BCL should not a big concern.

Comment

Since the first half of the league is over I wanted to share my opinions about some ups and downs playerwise:

MVP: Alperen Sengün, age 18,5, Center
              He is the second leading scorer in BSL per average with 20,56 points and first in Blocks with 1,55 blocks per game, second in rebounding with 10,69 in average and first in Efficiency with 28,7 pir. He did this in 28 minutes playing time

Most improved points: free throw percentage, post defense.
              No improvement at all: shooting
              weak point: P&R defense

Dogus Özdemiroglu, age 24, combo guard.

Second in steals with 1,8 steals per game, 13 points average per game
              most improving point: shooting

Berk Ugurlu, age 25, point guard

was never great in scoring but averaged 9 points and 6 assists so far.
              shoots with 41% from deep as a non shooter in youth.

Disappointments:
              Muhsin Yasar, having a great season last year he has been playing horribly so far
              Yigitcan Saybir, 99, seems I overestimated him a bit, no development at all

Okben Ulubay: made his first game for Petkim yesterday and it was a great game of him. Very efficient 16 points and 5 assists with a great defense. Kemzura couldnt let him stay on the bench for very long because always when he was out the opponent came back. Developed to a solid player with room to get better.

Comment

Since I cant find my CL thread I will right down it here.

Great game of Tofas and Karsiyaka. Tofas started horribly but after having signed Tomislav Zubcic and Tarik Phillip again the team turned out to be a hell of a team. Surprising that Croatia has not a better NT with these kind of player. Akoon-Purcell is a great forward doesnt know how to finish at the rim right now but really complete and I expect him to be in the EL after a couple years.

But back to our guys. Durmaz 97 born started very slow but is shooting with 40% in the domestic league and in CL also 95 born Metecan BIrsen is far better from the deep in this season. With Okben Ulubay who is the best 2/3 except the NBA guys we have great options in 2/3 and Durmaz makes me hopefull for the future.

Comment

Besiktas destroyed FB away with 82:93. The entire team of FB tried to stop my boy Sengün from scoring and he opened up the entire floor for his teammates with his great passing abilities. Great win and great game of Hazer Blackmon and Haltali too.

Comment

Yet to see if Fener idiot management will do simething about players from BSL or will continue to bring mediocre players from Europe. I still remember how CSKA grabed Higgins in front of our nose. I don't say this Blackmoon for instance is the same quality but he is worth of scouting already.

Kandemir showed Kokoskov how players should be used on the court. Melih was again our main offensive weapon, Biberovic on the bench etc etc.. Result tells more then words.
                    I am disgusted with this game and way Kokoskov is using players in BSL and sometimes even in EL.

Comment

I watched the game, too. (At least until half of 4/4 where I had to leave). I am pretty impressed by Blackmon. This dude is eager to play in a way better club. Went totally under my radar. I liked Haltali, too. Pretty old school arsenal, great to see that in 2021.

Sengün maybe hadn't his best day but as you said he often had to fight double teams. On the other hand he had sometimes problems in solving the switches. Generally the next step for him, if he wants to be a premium player, has to be outside shot. Without it it will be very difficult with his body. I think he will work on it but he has to begin shooting at least something that isn't directly under the basket.

Besiktas is really a fun team to watch, many limits but youth and energy that solve those things.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                        Besiktas destroyed FB away with 82:93. The entire team of FB tried to stop my boy Sengün from scoring and he opened up the entire floor for his teammates with his great passing abilities. Great win and great game of Hazer Blackmon and Haltali too.
                        I agree with that, realy great court vision and feeling for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                          I watched the game, too. (At least until half of 4/4 where I had to leave). I am pretty impressed by Blackmon. This dude is eager to play in a way better club. Went totally under my radar. I liked Haltali, too. Pretty old school arsenal, great to see that in 2021.

Sengün maybe hadn't his best day but as you said he often had to fight double teams. On the other hand he had sometimes problems in solving the switches. Generally the next step for him, if he wants to be a premium player, has to be outside shot. Without it it will be very difficult with his body. I think he will work on it but he has to begin shooting at least something that isn't directly under the basket.

Besiktas is really a fun team to watch, many limits but youth and energy that solve those things.
                          Yeah he has his limits like defending p&r plays right now but drop coverage works fine right now and despite slow footed, he always manages to stay with the best guards in the league but this wont be easy against NBA player. About shooting, he has his personal Serbian coach who is working with him. He was an awful ft shooter like most of Turkish bigs and now he is around 80+ and he said he is working on his shooting too. I am pretty sure that he is gonna make the open ones at least with the help of NBA shooting coaches.

Shooting is a must for him.

Haltali is December 2002 born if I am not mistaken. He is also slow legged but very strong, too strong for his age. He has some skills too around the rim but he must follow the path of Pekovic or big Sofo. It doesnt mean he has their potential its just the path I want to emphasize. Not sure about his ceiling right now.

Comment

I just saw Sengun is just 205cm, so without better skillset, shooting and much work he will be in problem against taller centers.

Comment

Having reached (almost) almost the end of the season I want to talk about some Turks who developed further and some disappointments.

MVP: with 5 times player of the month Alperen Sengun is without any doubt MVP of the Turkish Super League.

No problem playing in Euroleague but he is supposed to be leaving for the NBA. He is also without a doubt MIP of BSL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next guy is Alperens teammate Sehmus Hazer. High energy guy with a great transition game and athleticism, great feeling for backdoor cuts and a very solid defender. This all allows him to take a bench role in a Euroleague team. Unlike most of the guys I think of that he needs a certain structure to find his final role in a team. ZOC for instance would be great for him to develop to a contributing guy. He showed with the NT that he is able to work within a structure. He has a too big role with Besiktas.

The third and last guy in this team who is worth mentioning atm is Erxhan Osmani. He is an Albanian who has been living in Turkey since he was 14. He is a very mobile 6'11 power forward whose shot is developing. Definitely Euroleague material but needs one more year in BSL with a main role. Really talented guy who was a bit unlucky with injuries this season.

Another talented power forward is Berkan Durmaz. Not polished enough to play EL, needs to play more and bulk up. The development of his shot is obvious. The 97 born combo forward shoots 47% in the CL and 39 percent in BSL. Mostly spot up shooter who can create a bit for himself but there is no much room for improvement. Besides being a good defender he also can put the ball on the floor for a guy who is 6'9. He still makes often mistakes because he overestimates his skill set. Main issue is finishing at the rim through contact. His poor skill set as a face up guy prevents him to score near the rim. A long term Euroleague guy but in some years.

Okben Ulubay - started his season with FMP he had a couple good games with Petkim as well. Playing in Serbia gave him shape and made him to a substantial player. He has many ups and downs but i am sure he can at least play Eurocup or CL level even Efes would fit well. Like Sanli he would also grow in his role in time.

Last but not least of the good guys is Egemen Güven. A failed guy from the 96 generation made finally a jump with Afyon. Still not liking contact in the defense he showed his offensive potential with a 3 point shot, good midrange and solid low post skill set. Still needs to bulk up and play more with contact in D he is also a positive surprise. Hope that he still reaches EL level in 2-3 years.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disappointments of the season:

Tolga Gecim - made his jump too early to Efes. Injury prone who couldnt find his role in this team in 2 years. Cant take the slightest contact, unreliable shot and creates tons of Turnover as P&R initiators. Not much hope that he ever is going to turn to a solid player.

Yigit Arslan - Totally lost grip with Galatasaray in this season and showed that he is not able to create for others. Good shooter but has to take a smaller role. A lost year for him.

Metecan Birsen - started well with Tofas and is set for the NT Bench but he is a bean without the skill to make honey. He cant play iso, he is not able to absorb contact and he cant create any shots reliably. With other words our Sedekerskis with less defensive upsight. A good rebounder who can make passes and make some spot up shots. Couldnt reach a bit of his potential.

Yigitcan Saybir - this guy is a bit different. Being born 99 he is really talented and I hoped he could make it to the main roster with Efes. They didnt loan him because of his potential but he has always small injuries with throw backs but this guy has to play. He is working hard but his shot hasnt come around yet. Still expect him as a major contributor in EL in some years.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information