Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Free agency summer 2019

So Anthony Davis, and Paul George trades just resulted in enormous hauls. What did Greg Popovich get for Kawhi Leonard again ? Oh yeah DeMar DeRozan. Come on media you can do it, how about being a little fair and absolutely destroying him for that moronic trade.
    I won’t hold my breath.

DeMarcus Cousins signs with Lakers on one year deal. Rajon Rondo 2 year deal with Lakers.
    Zubac signs with Clippers 4 years 28 million.

Cousins deal is for $3.5 million.
    I love it. You can’t get better value than that.

Rondo is vet minimum as well $2.6 million.
    Great value there as well.

More Laker moves to come. We haven’t even gotten to the buyouts yet. Korver ?
    Iguodala ? Avery Bradley ?
    Last edited by usagre; 07-06-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Nice rebound for the Lakers, after that bitch kawhi tried to sabotage them.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    “Genius” Toronto GM Ujiri who got so much credit for the obvious Kawhi Leonard trade that anyone with half a brain would have made, will actually show us now how smart he really is. He will have to build this team from the ground up and also live with the fact that if a superstar player who just won a championship with your team didn’t want to stay, who ever will going forward ?
    The dude did a miracle for freakin' Toronto Give him a slack I mean, come on, Raps champs? I mean that would be the biggest joke around the league 4 years ago.

He did a miracle, that's history.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by eshmawi View Post
    Nice rebound for the Lakers, after that bitch kawhi tried to sabotage them.
    I don’t think he was trying to sabotage Lakers. They were his fall back plan if he couldn’t get another star on the Clippers.
    He reluctantly would have signed with the Lakers because he was never going to stay in Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    The dude did a miracle for freakin' Toronto Give him a slack I mean, come on, Raps champs? I mean that would be the biggest joke around the league 4 years ago.

He did a miracle, that's history.
    In the abstract I agree with you 100%. But when you look at the details a different story emerges. The Kawhi Leonard no brainer was a gift not some shrewd move. But no one is saying it. Probably because they don’t want to hurt Popovich feelings. Then factor in the Warrior injuries and it looks more like some serious luck more than anything else. He drafted Siakam and traded for Gasol. Nice moves, but they mean nothing without the gift and the luck.
    Just keeping it real.

Clippers need some bigs to battle Anthony Davis and Cousins. Harrell and Zubac need help. AD torched the Clippers for
    34 points and 14 rebounds in 3 games last year.

As of now with a lot more to do probably by both teams.

5 minutes to go who ya got ?

Beverley
    Williams
    Kawhi
    P. George
    Harrell.

VS

Rondo
    Danny Green
    Kuzma
    LeBron
    Anthony Davis

Marcus Morris 2 year 20 million to Spurs. Too bad he went to an irrelevant team.

As of now with a lot more to do probably by both teams.

5 minutes to go who ya got ?

Beverley
    Williams
    Kawhi
    P. George
    Harrell.

VS

Rondo
    Danny Green
    Kuzma
    LeBron
    Anthony Davis
    Paul George to shoot his usual inefficient 40% , and lose the game ..and for the umpteenth time Lebron be Paul George father again.

Today NBA is mobile ,shooting wing players league.Top players to do that is Leonard,Durant,Giannis and George that can do it all including on both sides of the floor.Klay also comes to mind as one of the perfect players for todays NBA.Lebron also, but at this old age he cant play both sides anymore ,if he wants to stay on the floor for 30+min.

Clippers have 2 of them in lineup in their peak years .Enough to see who wins finals MVPs in last decade ...

Lakers signing known name veterans that nobody wanted to take how game is played today.Rondo can't shoot, Boogie gonna get pikenroll to death by elite west teams...cook playing for warriors couldn't defend nobody and had biggest negative+- in entire finals serries.

Green yes good pickup ,but they paid big price for him, Lakers need Morris,Iggy type players way more that those rondo's,boogies,cooks types that nobody is taking anymore.

Where is Lakers wing defenders? Shooting? I totally don't trust what Lakers are signing, similar to last year.It feels they are signing names,but not what is needed in todays NBA.

Anthony Davis will have to be defender of the year inside for this Lakers, because most of players they have on roster gonna get beat by their men.

Clippers have tools to be best defensive team in NBA.This is biggest difference between two LA teams.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 07-06-2019 at 11:13 PM.

Ha ha. I am shocked by your analysis Shawshank. Now Danny Green is not a good shooter or wing defender all of a sudden because he’s on the Lakers. You were telling everybody how important Cousins was as a bench piece on the Warriors but not so much as a bench piece on the Lakers now. But despite all this you have been missing the point all along.

ANTHONY DAVIS.

He finally has a teammate and he will feast on the NBA. I can’t wait for this time next year when you and all the haters are crying again. I saw this once before in 2016 when LeBron was dead and buried. You guys didn’t learn then and you will have to be shown again.

M.Morris signs with Spurs 20/2 year deal .

Clippers sign young,very promising Zubac 4 years deal with nice contract.

Just by signings you can see which organisation signs smart and good players that fits , not just by names.

Ha ha. I am shocked by your analysis Shawshank. Now Danny Green is not a good shooter or wing defender all of a sudden because he’s on the Lakers. You were telling everybody how important Cousins was as a bench piece on the Warriors but not so much as a bench piece on the Lakers now. But despite all this you have been missing the point all along.

ANTHONY DAVIS.

He finally has a teammate and he will feast on the NBA. I can’t wait for this time next year when you and all the haters are crying again. I saw this once before in 2016 when LeBron was dead and buried. You guys didn’t learn then and you will have to be shown again.
    I said green is good pickup but for too high price can you read?

It was painfull to see Steve Kerr when couldn't play Boogie more than 15 min in finals because of his non existence defence, when warriors badly needed his offence.If I see facts that shows me I was wrong I changing my mind, I saw enough facts about boogie this year NBA playing style had passed him.There were like 20 teams that could offer him more, but didn't why?

Teams need way more than one defender in todays NBA,but multiple ones and Lakers signing some kind strange bunch mix ,tough character players that doesn't fit with each other and good luck for any coach make from them a true team.

LeBron at age of 35 and Davis that hasn't prove anything in playoofs is not better overall than young LeBron in his mid 20s and proven finals MVP D.Wade at 28 when they join miami only dreamers can dream like that...oh yeah they also had young Bosh...no LeBron had better teams around him than this Lakers team is.And himself once was way better than he is today.

This will be like Cavs bunch of veterans that will end up unplayable when true playoofs fights starts.But competion will be not mid level east teams, but elite west teams starting from round 1.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 07-07-2019 at 12:02 AM.

Ok Shawshank you've stated your case. So if by some miracle the Lakers win the championship and LeBron is finals MVP. You will say what about him then ?

By the way equating Anthony Davis with the Cavs bunch of veterans is an incredible comparison even by your standards.

Lebron loses to Durant, Curry, Klay, Draymond combos in the playoffs. And that's without a partner as good as AD. Kawhi and Paul George are good but not as good as what he's faced. Now if you think he's losing any sleep over the Lou Williams, Pat Beverley's of the world you are sadly mistaken.

To me it comes down to Lebron. Can he be that alfa dog. Can he literally be the man who drags his teams on his shoulders and not pretending to be such as he did last season. Davis is a superstar, let's no kid about that, but Davis is still a complimentary superstar however you see that. Lakers needs Lebron at his best. Whenever he can bring it, it will be seen.

But the season will be great. Clippers had amazing chemistry. Wasn't their like best team in the west for some stint of the season? If they kept some of their deepness and added Khawi and George, they're on a good track.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    To me it comes down to Lebron. Can he be that alfa dog. Can he literally be the man who drags his teams on his shoulders and not pretending to be such as he did last season. Davis is a superstar, let's no kid about that, but Davis is still a complimentary superstar however you see that. Lakers needs Lebron at his best. Whenever he can bring it, it will be seen.

But the season will be great. Clippers had amazing chemistry. Wasn't their like best team in the west for some stint of the season? If they kept some of their deepness and added Khawi and George, they're on a good track.
    A little sanity brought into the conversation by StraightForward. I agree 100%. And I will bet it all on a motivated LeBron with a sidekick as good as Anthony Davis with everything on the line. And another thing to consider, you make a great point
    About the clippers great chemistry that now has to be recreated. Kind of like the no name Celtics who made it to the conference finals then on paper added a superstar but actually got worse. Again I agree it's mainly about LeBron being LeBron, but Anthony Davis the best big in the game on his team in his prime as his main sidekick is about as good as it gets.

I just find it hilarious how some haters (Shawshank) can make the Lakers out to be some weird project with
    Little hope of succeeding. They are the clear second choice in the entire NBA right now and some books have them right there with the Clippers.

You have

Danny Green a great 3 and D guy
    Kyle Kuzma an excellent young wing prospect
    LeBron James as of ‘18 probably the best player in the game so now what he’s fallen off how much ?
    Anthony Davis the best big in the game in his prime.

Cousins off the bench.

Say what you want about Rondo but come playoff time whether it’s with the Celtics, Bulls, Pelicans he is big time.

This is some weird line up that doesn’t make sense ? In what world ?
    Last edited by usagre; 07-07-2019 at 12:37 AM.

More info about Kawhi Woj info :

Leonard said to both raptors and clippers if you get P.George I'm signing with you...Thunder Gm was pressing both raptors and clippers gm who will give me for George...Ujiri tried their best, but clippers just had to manny assets from Griffith and Paul trades and raptors had to give up on Leonard-George combo in Toronto.5 picks and 2 swap that's ridiculous amount, but that was the price to get Leonard and George for 4 years.

But overall is getting ridiculous you can sign player for max money 5 years and think you gonna built around him ,after one season he demands a trade...and organisation must trade him?

NBA must rethink and put hard rules on those trade demands...after Leonard,Davis,George demands to trade when multiple years was still on contract.So what's the point in signing long term contract if player can ask for trade any summer when he changed his mind?
    Last edited by Shawshank; 07-07-2019 at 04:32 AM.

Boogie Cousins was in tough position last year, he was putting 16ppg during regular season.But he got injured during playoffs, and played the final injured like rest of warriors guys ( klay, durant, iguodola, looney). actually warriors medical team needed a mental check last year putting out injured players on court.
    He will be off bench player, and limited 15 - 16 minutes a game.

PG: Lebron
    SG : Green
    SF: Kuzma
    PF: DAVIS
    C: Mcgee

bench team
    Cook
    KCP
    Dudley
    Davis or Lebron with bench unit
    Cousins

I like it.