X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
    I would hasten to disagree! Check out this result from 1983:

Canada's Miracle on Hardwood - CBC

A team of legitimate Canadian university students including Jay Triano and Danny Meagher defeated the team of American apprentice pros including Charles Barkley, Karl Malone and Johnny Dawkins 85-77! So there!

Incidentally, were any of the players on the Canadian team not enrolled in a Canadian university?

Danny Meagher, Duke 1981-85
    Bill Wennington, St. John's 1981-85
    Tony Simms had played at Boston U. 1980-83

Greg Wiltjer had played in the US (1979-82) but was enrolled at Victoria, BC in 1983

Howard Kelsey had long before played at Oklahoma State (1976-78) and thereafter at Principia College, IL, (NCAA Small College Div.).
    When Jack Donohue took a young Howard Kelsey and his father Ian on a four-hour drive around Vancouver in 1975, the Canadian national basketball coaching legend couldn’t have known the rough diamond he had riding in the Kelsey’s Studebaker. Then […]

Comment

Interesting info!

I was actually inquiring about this summer's Canadian Universiade team though. You see Mojo's addition of the UPlay qualifier to CIS confused me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
        Interesting info!

I was actually inquiring about this summer's Canadian Universiade team though. You see Mojo's addition of the UPlay qualifier to CIS confused me.

They all played in Canadian universities (U Sports, ex CIS), afaik. However, Munis Tutu played two seasons at Loyola Marymount (2015-17) before enrolling at Carleton.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information