Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Team USA 2019/2020

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    Good commit, but like Harden I'll wait till the offseason to see how legit it is. If his trade situation gets settled relatively quickly it's more likely, but if it drags it might not work.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...FIBA-World-Cup
    He'll be traded either after the lottery or draft night.

Default 2019 USA National Team

Players Roster

4 Derrick White PG San Antonio Spurs
    5 Donovan Mitchell SG Utah Jazz
    6 Joe Harris SF Brooklyn Nets
    7 Marcus Smart PG Boston Celtics
    8 Harrison Barnes SF Sacramento Kings
    9 Jay Brown SG Boston Celtics
    10 Jayson Tatum SF Boston Celtics
    11 Mason Plumlee PF Denver Nuggets
    12 Myles Turner C Indiana Pacers
    13 Brook Lopez C Milwaukee Bucks
    14 Khris Middleton SF Milwaukee Bucks
    15 Kemba Walker PG Boston Celtics

Friendly Games

16/08 USA 90 Spain 81
    22/08 USA 102 Australia 86
    24/08 USA 94 Australia 98
    26/08 USA 84 Canada 68

FIBA World Cup

01/09 USA 88 Czech Republic 67
    03/09 USA 93 Turkey 92
    05/09 USA 98 Japan 45
    07/09 USA 69 Greece 53
    09/09 USA 89 Brazil 73
    11/09 USA 79 France 89
    12/09 USA 89 Serbia 94
    14/09 USA 87 Poland 74
    Last edited by Kings; 09-14-2019 at 09:41 AM.

I can’t wait for ESPN to dust off Fran Fraschilla for his customary team USA bashing. In the past he has downplayed and low balled USA teams that were stacked and loaded with talent. He’s gonna have a field day with this potential roster. I think he might predict that they will go winless in the tournament.

With Popovich and Steve Kerr on the coaching staff all that is missing is LeBron and you would have the trifecta of the most annoying ultra liberal political views. Word of advice guys focus on the task at hand. Your actual jobs. By all means if you wish to run for political office do so, otherwise keep your views to yourself because you are representing the entire country not half of it.

DeAaron Fox is playing well in training camp according to reports. I think he will make the team and might be team USA’s best and most important player off the bench. Similar to the Russell Westbrook role in 2010.

Similar to previous Worlds teams this 5 man unit of 24 and under players might star in this tournament.

Fox
    Mitchell
    Tatum
    Kuzma
    Turner.

2010 version was

Rose
    Westbrook
    Gordon
    Durant
    Gay

2006 version

Paul
    Wade
    LeBron
    Carmelo
    Howard

2002 version

B. Davis
    P. Pierce
    S. Marion
    E. Brand
    J. O’Neal

2014 24 and under

Kyrie, AD, Klay, Cousins and Faried.

1994 24 and under
    Shaq, Mourning and Kemp.
    Last edited by usagre; 08-06-2019 at 11:04 PM.

Fox is better than Kemba?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Fox is better than Kemba?
    Kemba is 29. Just talking about 24 and under key contributors in the past and possibly this year.

Kemba and Middleton (28) will most likely be starters in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Kemba is 29. Just talking about 24 and under key contributors in the past and possibly this year.

Kemba and Middleton (28) will most likely be starters in my opinion.
    Oh, I missed that. It will be hell of an interesting USA team. It's not a roster that has the gold in the pocket. At the end of the day it might be one of the best WC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Oh, I missed that. It will be hell of an interesting USA team. It's not a roster that has the gold in the pocket. At the end of the day it might be one of the best WC.
    I agree. They are the favorite but probably slightly against the entire field. It can definitely go either way.

With Popovich and Steve Kerr on the coaching staff all that is missing is LeBron and you would have the trifecta of the most annoying ultra liberal political views. Word of advice guys focus on the task at hand. Your actual jobs. By all means if you wish to run for political office do so, otherwise keep your views to yourself because you are representing the entire country not half of it.
    They're two of the most successful coaches in the league, Pop is one of the best ever, so there's no worry about them doing their actual jobs. If we don't win gold I don't believe it will because of coaching. Besides I don't think either one of them believes there view represents all Americans, just themselves, which they have a right to do as every American does.
    Pistons: 2019-2020 Blow it up, just blow it all up.

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

They're two of the most successful coaches in the league, Pop is one of the best ever, so there's no worry about them doing their actual jobs. If we don't win gold I don't believe it will because of coaching. Besides I don't think either one of them believes there view represents all Americans, just themselves, which they have a right to do.
    I disagree. You're wearing the USA colors so please keep your political views out. Not really appropriate. When your coaching your teams do what you like and it's up to their consumers on whether they are ok with that. This is completely different.

It doesn't mean that you can't get distracted from doing your job no matter who or how good you are.
    And I wouldn't elevate Kerr to great status. Can't give him too much credit for Warriors success for obvious reasons. It was also very telling when he was out with back problems and Luke Walton coached the team they didn't miss a beat and had a ridiculous record.

I disagree. You're wearing the USA colors so please keep your political views out. Not really appropriate. When your coaching your teams do what you like and it's up to their consumers on whether they are ok with that. This is completely different.

It doesn't mean that you can't get distracted from doing your job no matter who or how good you are.
    And I wouldn't elevate Kerr to great status. Can't give him too much credit for Warriors success for obvious reasons. It was also very telling when he was out with back problems and Luke Walton coached the team they didn't miss a beat and had a ridiculous record.
    I disagree, and we'll likely have to agree to disagree. There's been a long history of people representing the USA and representing their political views going back to Jesse Owens, Tommie Smith and John Carlos, and I don't have a problem with any athlete or coach that does so. I may, or may not, agree with what's said but I feel they have every right to say it.

Also I said Kerr was one of the most successful in the NBA, and that Pop was one of the greatest ever. I meant to imply Kerr ranks highly among current coaches not all time, not yet, but I can understand how that can be misread.

I don't see how it helps a bunch of players in their 20's prepare when your coaching staff is giving interviews talking about how someone can come into the gym in which they are practicing in Vegas and shoot everyone dead.

Yeah we definitely agree to disagree on this one. By the way I am not aware of how Jesse Owens acted in anyway inappropriate or questionable. He was a symbol of excellence and carried himself like the class act that he was. The 1968 duo was a different story.

I don't see how it helps a bunch of players in their 20's prepare when your coaching staff is giving interviews talking about how someone can come into the gym in which they are practicing in Vegas and shoot everyone dead.
    I don't see how it hurts. He gave a soundbite to the media, it's not like he sat his team down in practice and went through active shooting drills.

Still I think we're veering away from Basketball, into highly political territory so I'll politely disengage. If the US goes out before the Medal round then I'll happily discuss what went wrong with Kerr and Pop.

I don't see how it hurts. He gave a soundbite to the media, it's not like he sat his team down in practice and went through active shooting drills.
    This has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with the coaching staff preparing the team. Sound bite to the media ?
    You think that doesn't get back to the players ? It's doing a big disservice to them by putting thoughts like that in their head
    by someone who is there to help them prepare for a job. Firstly it's a lie. I am sure there's plenty of security since these guys are multi millionaires. And I don't know if I am a minority in my 20's and my coaching staff is putting stuff like that out there I think it's normal that it can creep up in my mind and affect me.
    Totally inappropriate and I would have expected better from both of them.

This has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with the coaching staff preparing the team. Sound bite to the media ?
    You think that doesn't get back to the players ? It's doing a big disservice to them by putting thoughts like that in their head
    by someone who is there to help them prepare for a job. Firstly it's a lie. I am sure there's plenty of security since these guys are multi millionaires. And I don't know if I am a minority in my 20's and my coaching staff is putting stuff like that out there I think it's normal that it can creep up in my mind and affect me.
    Totally inappropriate and I would have expected better from both of them.
    Do you honestly think players are ignorant of the biggest news story in the United States, and do you think they aren't aware who Pop is? I imagine most of their reactions is "Pop being pop" him not being shy about sharing his views shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Like it or Loathe it, it is entirely predictable.

And yes you're right they have the highest security available which why at best I imagine they'll shrug it off. Mass shootings are, tragically, fairly normal part of American life so I can't see how Pop's comments would suddenly alter the mindset of any players.

I don't know I just hate how he has alterior motives. For me run for office and change things. I am starting to think that him accepting the USA coaching position might not be all about basketball and that rubs me the wrong way.

But back to the court what changes do you foresee with Popovich instead of coach K ?

I mean the president is a racist, is Pop supposed to pretend otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Steadysoul View Post
    I mean the president is a racist, is Pop supposed to pretend otherwise?
    Here we go ha ha ha. What do the shootings have to do with the President being racist ?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast