Maccabi Tel-Aviv 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arelg View Post
    Avdija looking amazing in the U20 European Championship, i think that he definitely can be great from the bench for Maccabi next season,, something like 10 good minutes that also will help him to improve before the NBA Draft.
    Just to remind, right now the predictions says that he will be a TOP 5 pick in 2020 Draft.
    As much as I'm enjoying him at U20. I still would have preferred to see him in another team next year.
    Most of his advantage at U20 relies on his superior physical attributes. When he creates off the dribble or from post up he is relying on his better strength or his quicker first step.
    In EL he will not have such advantages next year, so I think he will struggle.

In terms of skills that translate well. His court vision is super, and it will be in EL as well, but again he will probably get way fewer touches in EL and no team would put a double team or help on him, so his ability to use it will exist but will be much more limited.

I really hope that he will make the same enormous improvement on his shooting as Casspi did at his age. He is currently one of the worse free throw and 3 point shooters in the competition. While I think his low free throw percentage is bad luck, his 3% shooting worries me, he takes shot with confidence, but this is not the first tournament when he shoot a lot with an extremely low percentage. Hopefully, he is a better shooter and just had bad days during the U20, I'm still hoping for some 4/8 tomorrow against France.

Comment

Do you guys think they make the playoffs next year ?
      Last edited by Gman365; 08-09-2019, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gman365 View Post
        Do you guys think Maccabi Tel Aviv makes the playoffs next year ?
        first of all, i hope so (:

to be honest, right now i cant really tell you because we dont have a PG, after we will sign a pg, the situation will be clearer and good.}
        for right now, the roster looking pretty nice - Wilbekin is one of the best scorers in the league and Black is one of the best Centers in the league (no doubt IMO).
        and off course Omri Casspi will be one of the best players in his position, HUGE upgrade for the team!

Hunter and Wolters from the bench are great additions, Bryant is a risk but smart risk IMO, great player with great potential to become a good Euroleague player.
        also Caloiaro is a good player from the bench, and we also have Zoosman that we hope that he will be able to play like a good rotation player in the Euroleague.

so like i said, after we will sign a PG we will know everything better.
        but again for right now the roster looks nice.
        https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

What budget Maccabi plans to have for upcoming season? I remember last year it was 11-12mln for players. Did it change or stay the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Gman365 View Post
            Do you guys think Maccabi Tel Aviv makes the playoffs next year ?
            I think they will be a borderline playoff team, if they can make it will depend on their roster cohesion and protecting home court.
            Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
            Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
            Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
            Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
              What budget Maccabi plans to have for upcoming season? I remember last year it was 11-12mln for players. Did it change or stay the same?
              Last year only the player budget was 6.5M-7M dollar (i think something like 6.7) NET.
              this year i think the budget is 7M-7.5M net.

Comment

Thanks for replies you guys....Loud building in Tel Aviv...Fun to watch their home games....

Comment

Originally posted by Metec View Post
                  Omri Casspi officially at Maccabi.

He thanked the organization for waiting for his decision for so long (which again makes the news in Israeli media about Casspi 100% since July pure rubbish).
                  Casspi has the good parts and bad parts, but for me, this is by far the best signing of the season.

Great player, great personality and the only decent basketball player that was raised in Israel in the last 15 years. And finally, after many years we will have a significant Israeli in the roster.
                  casspi it will be a key player even more his value. he is a very good player. would be great in case he ll play as pf. in this case we ll finally have aphisical and shooter pf , a must i europe. also, as pf he will cut minutes to acy. if he ll play as sf he sfair would close doors /minutes to our great players like calo zoosman avdija

Comment

one of the best signings this summer!

Comment

maccabi frontcourt: ferrari
                      maccabi backcourt: dacia

Comment

Originally posted by Ziya K View Post
                        maccabi frontcourt: ferrari
                        maccabi backcourt: dacia

if u are considering casspi as our pf u are right about our fc (i mean just black-casspi duo. not hunter, who is a mediocre player).
                        about backcourt players , sfair's choices will be crucial .players like calo like diba bryant zoosman, having space, are much better than everybody think. the problem, the 2 reasons we cant be considered more than a 7th team as best rank is becaue yes ,we havent a star in pg position, but even mainly because sfair already showed he is a good coach with very weak personality, something that will not allow him giving deserved space to players named above. he use to give more space to players considering their names more than their real potential/perfofmances

Comment

Originally posted by Metec View Post
                          Omri Casspi officially at Maccabi.

He thanked the organization for waiting for his decision for so long (which again makes the news in Israeli media about Casspi 100% since July pure rubbish).
                          Casspi has the good parts and bad parts, but for me, this is by far the best signing of the season.

Great player, great personality and the only decent basketball player that was raised in Israel in the last 15 years. And finally, after many years we will have a significant Israeli in the roster.
                          He will earn "only" 950.000 dollars annually, moreover it is easy to expect an increase of the merchandise.

I hope these factors permit the team to sign a decent pg-sg avoiding to choose the cheapest one (Cole and Kane have only this advantage, to be cheap).

Comment

Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
                            He will earn "only" 950.000 dollars annually, moreover it is easy to expect an increase of the merchandise.

I hope these factors permit the team to sign a decent pg-sg avoiding to choose the cheapest one (Cole and Kane have only this advantage, to be cheap).
                            friend dont even name kane and cole. i'm scared even imagining them in yellow again

Comment

Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post

Yeah. I was shocked by the number.
                              He could have easily got squeeze much more money out of Maccabi.
                              Even at this day and age, Maccabi needs Omri way more in comparison to how much Omri needs Maccabi.

Comment

Calo is PF Maccabeo. Also Hunter is a backup. Anyway you are right about the backcourt, Ziya, it's not a weak backcourt at all, ok they don't have a star there but they have some very solid players, Wilbekin, Bryant, one of the best young players in Zoosman who now has the experience to step up and also Avdija, a top class talent, Wolters, Diba who give depth and they are also going to sign one more player with significant role.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information