Maccabi Tel-Aviv 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McMurphy View Post
    Israeli new rules (8 foreigners, 5 per game, 1 Israeli on the court) are screwing us more than ever before. We literally play with 6 players every week for months now. This is a huge physical load on everyone and with Zoos out we desperately need an Israeli. Amare is simply the best available Israeli (unless you want Mekel or Landesberg back). I don't think he will take many minutes from anyone at EL because he simply cannot defend in this level.

I can't believe I say this, but I wish we would throw some games in the Israeli league. Who gives a crap if we win over some random Nes Ziona or Galil when the outcome is a hospital for a team. I'm sure the thought of throwing a game makes Sfairopoulos cringe.
    We should definitely start a regional league with Olympiacos. Don't even mind if they pick the referees
    I really wish Maccabi would decide to play with mainly junior team, giving main roster players not more than 10 minutes per game. All this headache could have been avoided.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

Israeli new rules (8 foreigners, 5 per game, 1 Israeli on the court) are screwing us more than ever before. We literally play with 6 players every week for months now. This is a huge physical load on everyone and with Zoos out we desperately need an Israeli. Amare is simply the best available Israeli (unless you want Mekel or Landesberg back). I don't think he will take many minutes from anyone at EL because he simply cannot defend in this level.

I can't believe I say this, but I wish we would throw some games in the Israeli league. Who gives a crap if we win over some random Nes Ziona or Galil when the outcome is a hospital for a team. I'm sure the thought of throwing a game makes Sfairopoulos cringe.
      We should definitely start a regional league with Olympiacos. Don't even mind if they pick the referees
      no no mekel is my historical nightmare with kane and ohayon! yes we need israeli but i cant believe there is no decent il pg in whole il league. landesberg would be great but we still have players with same skills. we needed a pg as we need an israeli. adding stoud we just (partially, he is 38 friend!) solved about israeli . we still have no pg who can actually play 20 good min in el as playmaker (please dont even consier jack as a 20 min el staff).stoud is not a pg and not el stuff actually (obviuosly not ohayon or mekel mammamia!).if im not wrong he was 60% fg in il league!! ridiculous av for an american 208cm. calo is a much better pf actually . he is surely better than acy but i bet sfairo will cut minutes to calo/cohen instead of acy. in this case we risk el collapse. anyway we are lonley team in europe actually has no one player able to really playmaking
      Last edited by maccabeo; 01-22-2020, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
        absurd
        we need pg and we are spending money in front court. i can only imagine it means reynolds it was already factually rejected or black is defenetly out from mta, but anyway those are money we must spent for a strong pg. cant really understand unless he is going to erase min by acy. but im afraid he will cut minute by calo and cohen, something we didint need so seriuosly. so if there were money in the pocket is impossbible understading why not adding a pg
        Dude, do you have a problem comprehending written text? I wrote above your post why Maccabi did what they did. Hint - it has nothing to do with Reynolds. There are NO free compatible Israeli guards on the market right now, period. Anyone playing in Israeli league would need lengthy negotiations with his club, hefty compensations, and even then I can hardly see Hapoel Tel Aviv, or Jerusalem, or Holon, or even Galil Elyon releasing their key players to their arch-rival in middle of season.
        And fourth time in this thread - I don't really like this signing, and would prefer Maccabi to use junior (18-19 y/o) players in Israeli league for couple of months (Maccabi can afford to loose couple of games). But I can understand why it was done.
        Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 01-22-2020, 12:53 PM.
        Yalla Maccabi!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
          I really wish Maccabi would decide to play with mainly junior team, giving main roster players not more than 10 minutes per game. All this headache could have been avoided.
          The way I see it Maccabi needs to treat Israeli league as our private development league and join a regional that fits our needs or start one. 2 teams like they initially intended, when Maccabi B is a young Israeli team with 2-3 young talented foreigners, and we even take the league's half million Shekels compensation for signing less than 3 foreigners. To give them the finger like that.

Comment

no no mekel is my historical nightmare with kane and ohayon! yes we need israeli but i cant believe there is no decent il pg in whole il league. landesberg would be great but we still have players with same skills. we needed a pg as we need an israeli. adding stoud we just (partially, he is 38 friend!) solved about israeli . we still have no pg who can actually play 20 good min in el as playmaker (please dont even consier jack as a 20 min el staff).stoud is not a pg and not el stuff actually (obviuosly not ohayon or mekel mammamia!).if im not wrong he was 60% fg in il league!! ridiculous av for an american 208cm. calo is a much better pf actually . he is surely better than acy but i bet sfairo will cut minutes to calo/cohen instead of acy. in this case we risk el collapse. anyway we are lonley team in europe actually has no one player able to really playmaking
            I don't know if I like Jackson or not it's too early to judge. But for now this is what we've got, nothing you can do about it. Hopefully he will be an important part of a solid team in a month time, and towards playoff. I tell what, i prefer Jackson over no-Jackson. How about that?

Comment

I don't know if I like Jackson or not it's too early to judge. But for now this is what we've got, nothing you can do about it. Hopefully he will be an important part of a solid team in a month time, and towards playoff. I tell what, i prefer Jackson over no-Jackson. How about that?
              well ,i never lked him, but even if u were his fan 5-7 years ago ,could u tellme one lonely reason about his last 4 years, you can say that? also, his contract is a montly contract. isnt it? if so, where is written we cant add another pg repleasing him? u save money of his salary and u ll spend for his sobstitute

Comment

well ,i never lked him, but even if u were his fan 5-7 years ago ,could u tellme one lonely reason about his last 4 years, you can say that? also, his contract is a montly contract. isnt it? if so, where is written we cant add another pg repleasing him? u save money of his salary and u ll spend for his sobstitute
                You either trolling or have trouble understanding. As I wrote before, Jackson is signed for remainder of the season. And, again, you are neither representing, nor have any say in Maccabi's decisions. And, it seems, that Maccabi is willing to fill with him last remaining vacancy of foreign player in Israeli league roster. They probably know and see something you don't. But that hardly revelation.
                Yalla Maccabi!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
                  They probably know and see something you don't. But that hardly revelation.
                  probably they are the same who choose mekel ohayon planninic onuaku....well friend, nobody has the truth on his pocket (italian dictum). nor a fan nor a technical director. everybody has simply opionons. mine are simply psted on a forum, woners and director, become adds, but just time and players pir and reality on court, says who was right. about jackson, i read everywhere but you, that he has a monlthy contract. if u ar right about his conctract till the end of the season, well yes, sure , my words here are useless.

Comment

probably they are the same who choose mekel ohayon planninic onuaku....well friend, nobody has the truth on his pocket (italian dictum). nor a fan nor a technical director. everybody has simply opionons. mine are simply psted on a forum, woners and director, become adds, but just time and players pir and reality on court, says who was right. about jackson, i read everywhere but you, that he has a monlthy contract. if u ar right about his conctract till the end of the season, well yes, sure , my words here are useless.
                    First of all, how can someone claiming to be Maccabi fan not to be aware of changes happening this season? Management took one step back and Sfairopolous is only final authority on players signed. Of course there are financial considerations, but still, there are changes in management style and decisions, and these probably are as much responsible for better Maccabi as coaching or roster.
                    Second, simple Google search of 'Aaron Jackson signing in Maccabi' gives several links saying same - 'remainder of the season' here- https://www.aa.com.tr/en/sports/bask...bi-fox/1675648 , here https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...-with-maccabi/, and on Euroleague site here https://www.euroleague.net/news/i/a9...t-with-jackson. So, indeed, your words are useless, as they are 99% of the time.
                    And, please, learn how to Google. It's vital skill these days.

And, finally, could admins move this conversation (except my explanation to EverGreen, which is relevant to the thread, of course) to Maccabi section, again, please? Since, instead of short succinct discussion we having, again, flood. Thanks! (done)
                    Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 01-22-2020, 10:49 PM.
                    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Comment

The way I see it Maccabi needs to treat Israeli league as our private development league and join a regional that fits our needs or start one. 2 teams like they initially intended, when Maccabi B is a young Israeli team with 2-3 young talented foreigners, and we even take the league's half million Shekels compensation for signing less than 3 foreigners. To give them the finger like that.
                      Well, it would be nice, but on the other hand, there are people buying season tickets, who come and watch league games, who deserve to see Maccabi at their best. So there's that side of argument - Maccabi management finally saying to loyal fans - 'We are as committed as you are and will do everything to deliver the best game we can in every game."
                      Yalla Maccabi!!!

Comment

It has been a while since I've been here. I've tried to find info about why Sandy Cohen III got the Israeli citizenship since his page on Wikipedia didn't stated that he's Jewish?

I know his surname is Jewish but from what I understand that he's not Jewish? If so, from his dad? Otherwise how'd he get the Israeli citizenship?

Thanks

Maccabi Tel Aviv

EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
                        Intercontinental Cup - 1980
                        Adriatic League Championship - 2012

Comment

MikeMaccabiFan, you actually live in Sydney? Where about in Sydney?

Maccabi Tel Aviv

EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
                          Intercontinental Cup - 1980
                          Adriatic League Championship - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by [M-120] View Post
                            MikeMaccabiFan, you actually live in Sydney? Where about in Sydney?
                            Eastern suburbs
                            Yalla Maccabi!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information