Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maccabi Tel-Aviv 2019-20

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    What budget Maccabi plans to have for upcoming season? I remember last year it was 11-12mln for players. Did it change or stay the same?
    Last year only the player budget was 6.5M-7M dollar (i think something like 6.7) NET.
    this year i think the budget is 7M-7.5M net.
    Best European Basketball Highlights Channel - AGHighlights
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKJ..._as=subscriber

Thanks for replies you guys....Loud building in Tel Aviv...Fun to watch their home games....

Quote Originally Posted by Metec View Post
    Omri Casspi officially at Maccabi.

He thanked the organization for waiting for his decision for so long (which again makes the news in Israeli media about Casspi 100% since July pure rubbish).
    Casspi has the good parts and bad parts, but for me, this is by far the best signing of the season.

Great player, great personality and the only decent basketball player that was raised in Israel in the last 15 years. And finally, after many years we will have a significant Israeli in the roster.
    casspi it will be a key player even more his value. he is a very good player. would be great in case he ll play as pf. in this case we ll finally have aphisical and shooter pf , a must i europe. also, as pf he will cut minutes to acy. if he ll play as sf he sfair would close doors /minutes to our great players like calo zoosman avdija

one of the best signings this summer!

maccabi frontcourt: ferrari
    maccabi backcourt: dacia

Quote Originally Posted by Ziya K View Post
    maccabi frontcourt: ferrari
    maccabi backcourt: dacia

if u are considering casspi as our pf u are right about our fc (i mean just black-casspi duo. not hunter, who is a mediocre player).
    about backcourt players , sfair's choices will be crucial .players like calo like diba bryant zoosman, having space, are much better than everybody think. the problem, the 2 reasons we cant be considered more than a 7th team as best rank is becaue yes ,we havent a star in pg position, but even mainly because sfair already showed he is a good coach with very weak personality, something that will not allow him giving deserved space to players named above. he use to give more space to players considering their names more than their real potential/perfofmances

Omri Casspi officially at Maccabi.

He thanked the organization for waiting for his decision for so long (which again makes the news in Israeli media about Casspi 100% since July pure rubbish).
    Casspi has the good parts and bad parts, but for me, this is by far the best signing of the season.

Great player, great personality and the only decent basketball player that was raised in Israel in the last 15 years. And finally, after many years we will have a significant Israeli in the roster.
    He will earn "only" 950.000 dollars annually, moreover it is easy to expect an increase of the merchandise.

I hope these factors permit the team to sign a decent pg-sg avoiding to choose the cheapest one (Cole and Kane have only this advantage, to be cheap).

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    He will earn "only" 950.000 dollars annually, moreover it is easy to expect an increase of the merchandise.

I hope these factors permit the team to sign a decent pg-sg avoiding to choose the cheapest one (Cole and Kane have only this advantage, to be cheap).
    friend dont even name kane and cole. i'm scared even imagining them in yellow again

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post

Yeah. I was shocked by the number.
    He could have easily got squeeze much more money out of Maccabi.
    Even at this day and age, Maccabi needs Omri way more in comparison to how much Omri needs Maccabi.

Calo is PF Maccabeo. Also Hunter is a backup. Anyway you are right about the backcourt, Ziya, it's not a weak backcourt at all, ok they don't have a star there but they have some very solid players, Wilbekin, Bryant, one of the best young players in Zoosman who now has the experience to step up and also Avdija, a top class talent, Wolters, Diba who give depth and they are also going to sign one more player with significant role.

Quote Originally Posted by the_black_planet View Post
    Calo is PF Maccabeo. Also Hunter is a backup. Anyway you are right about the backcourt, Ziya, it's not a weak backcourt at all, ok they don't have a star there but they have some very solid players, Wilbekin, Bryant, one of the best young players in Zoosman who now has the experience to step up and also Avdija, a top class talent, Wolters, Diba who give depth and they are also going to sign one more player with significant role.
    calo can clearely play both position in europe. i love him as 4 but he can potentially play as sf. if casspi will play pf as absolutely a must for our season), calo could greately play also as 3. after casspi add, the real question is why we added acy? casspi and calo would be a great perimetral pf couple for europe.
    Last edited by maccabeo; 08-13-2019 at 06:25 PM.

hunter as a backup player ?
    our backup is better than names could let imagine. we souldnt ruin this talented backourt adding cole or kane. i'm quite sure we d add a pg, but this moviment could be dramatic . if they have no money, is better give up a new add

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    hunter as a backup player ?
    our backup is better than names could let imagine. we souldnt ruin this talented backourt adding cole or kane. i'm quite sure we d add a pg, but this moviment could be dramatic . if they have no money, is better give up a new add
    Hunter is coming from the bench, Black and Caspi are starting, even in the scenario you are afraid of, if Caspi starts at SF(which s not gonna happen, no team in Europe plays with so big SF) then Acy and Black are the starters and Hunter comes off the bench that's for sure. You are right, Maccabi doesn't need another addition in guards, team is very strong allready and you are also right that if Caspi is gonna been used correct he is an atomic weapon for Euroleague and I don't believe Sfairopoulos is stupid to miss that!

I'm sure maccabeo still misses Ohayon!

Is Sandy Cohen Jewish? Is he going to get an Israeli citizenship?

Maccabi Tel Aviv

EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
    Intercontinental Cup - 1980
    Adriatic League Championship - 2012

Hunter is coming from the bench, Black and Caspi are starting, even in the scenario you are afraid of, if Caspi starts at SF(which s not gonna happen, no team in Europe plays with so big SF) then Acy and Black are the starters and Hunter comes off the bench that's for sure. You are right, Maccabi doesn't need another addition in guards, team is very strong allready and you are also right that if Caspi is gonna been used correct he is an atomic weapon for Euroleague and I don't believe Sfairopoulos is stupid to miss that!
    casspi as sf would mean cut space to zoo and avdija. imo zoo and avdija should be our 3. casspi and calo our 4 . the problem is acy , not casspi. i even dont consider hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    I'm sure maccabeo still misses Ohayon!
    i have his picture on my bed, honestly. so i remember at him every morning and evening

. You are right, Maccabi doesn't need another addition in guards...
    if Caspi is gonna been used correct he is an atomic weapon for Euroleague and I don't believe Sfairopoulos is stupid to miss that!
    after cohen no reason to get another g . would be dramatic ,mainly if names are cole or kane! mammamia!
    sfair is not stupid. he is a good techinical coach. the problem is that he showed to suffer players with strong personality. he showed having no character to exclude pargo and kane, a suicide caused elimination by playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by [M-120] View Post
    Is Sandy Cohen Jewish? Is he going to get an Israeli citizenship?
    yes off course!
    after the pre season games Maccabi will decide if he will stay on the roster or if they will loan him for an israeli team that will earn more experience.
    his contract is 100K net for 4 years, great Jewish prospect!

and IMO Omri Casspi is a very very good signing by Maccabi!
    if he will stay healthy (hopefully) i think that he easily can be one of the best players in his positions and maybe also one of the best in the league.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast