X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theng View Post
    I like to think about a lineup with:
    Avdija, Zoosman, Casspi, Caloiaro, Acy
    All > 2.0 meters, can shot, run, switch on defense...
    I can see it actually work in some situations.
    ok for your position 3 and 4. i'd prefere casspi would play 4 sharing min with caloiaro to give chances zoo to play sf position. u cant compare acy with black in c position. acy must be our 15 min center. nothing more.avdija deserve long minutes this year but sg position is something to share between zoo diba bryant, first . dorsey wolters pg

Comment

Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
      Only injuries can keep this team outside the playoffs. Dorsey is a player I love and he has already demonstrated to be able to play very well as a pg.

Injuries are the real danger because some players (Casspi, Acy, Black) had various physical problems during the last seasons. Hope injuries will be limited as much as possible.
      sorry what? Dorsey as a PG?
      Are we talking about the same player?
      He can only play as a SG in european basketball

Comment

All Signings of Maccabi Tel Aviv For 2019/20 Season

Enjoy (:

https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

this year there arent teams can win every game easily. best 8 team are closer as much as never happened. among those teams, i think we have higher chance to improve . we arent best team and we will not win title but actually we started to play with caloiaro just last day, and this is a great improvement , mainly if sfair will cut minute to acy giving caloiaro at least 20 min per game. but also i m sure we still didnt see anything by bryant and dorsey. Bryant has big talent. it will come out soon or late. dorsey, well, he could be a crack in europe.actually he is too worried to show everybody he could be dominant in el. the day he will start play bball with no secondary toughts, we ll have a great improvement. sfair, well, the same old story with him. he must consider his players counting on their skills & stats,forgetting their names

Comment

Nice to read this thread in retrospect

For further retrospective readers:
            - Dibartholomeo made a reasonable transition to PG. Mostly earning his keep on the defense and giving Scottie some rest from leading the ball into play
            However, he injured his pectoral and is effectively out for the season
            - Scottie zeroed his sights and is currently arguably the second most terrifying shooter after Larkin. He's hitting wild 3's, floaters and lay ups. Mike James may be better on clutch 3's but his inside game is something the defense can live with
            - Casspi turned out a solid PF that complements the team in many areas
            However, he is suffering from injuries and doesn't look like he could keep up with the team
            - Wolters turned out to be a very reasonable PG. Good D and sound playmaking allow Scottie and Black to do what they do best
            However, got a long term injury
            - Black a monster in the paint. Showing some suseptability to injuries but this hopefully will be contained
            - Acy a little streaky from 3 but a defensive asset (quick hands, good feel for the block, ample mass to oppose post plays)
            - Hunter turned out to be HUGE steal, very versatile on both sides. Defensive asset and great finisher at the rim
            - Bryant a HUGE steal. Credible threat from the 3, tenacious defender
            - Dorsey shows potential. Very energetic but mostly leading to a dead end. Don't leave him alone at the 3 but a tight defender can count on a stop, with consistency
            - Sandy Cohen an athletic freak but so far doesn't look like a basketball player (his play, not his actual look!)
            - Caloiaro was supposed to be benched or lent to another team but, with injuries plaguing the team, he was able to quickly dust off and provide solid, consistent benefit on both sides of the court
            - Jake Cohen showing improvement. Not a defensive hole anymore. Credible perimeter threat, rebounding asset
            - Avdija not making an impact. Nice coast to coast runs ending with a dunk but in standing play, he just waits in his corner, adding nothing to the play
            - Zoosman a defensive asset and a mismatch on guards in post play. Rebounding asset, shooting liability.

I am writing this after Maccabi, without Black, Casspi, Wolters and Dibartholomeo beat CSKA (!!!)

Looks like a cohesive team. Coach Sfero overall a creative and pragmatic coach with good responsiveness and accuracy.
            Team is relying heavily on defensive stops (leading the league in defensive rating), 3'pointers and transition offense.

Team is currently desperately looking for a PG.
            Unfortunately, this might be the demise of a very interesting team, as late additions, especially in the "smart" areas of the play are rarely managing to learn the playbook in time
            I think unless a miracle happens and they land a good PG that manages to really tag along with the team, the team will gas-out within the next 4 games.
            *77----*81----*01----*04----*05----*14
            Where there's Wilbekin, there's a way!

Comment

One question I would like to raise:
              Zoosman is listed as "2.00"
              Avdija is listed as "2.05"

This looks like lies. Zoosman often appears taller than Avdija. I estimate they are both around 2.03
              What do you reckon?
              *77----*81----*01----*04----*05----*14
              Where there's Wilbekin, there's a way!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
                Damn, now Zussman injured too - cracked finger bone...4-6 weeks out...Fork fork fork...
                well, yes . altought i m very disappointed of his offensively performance, it wasnt the moment or another injury. no rumor about a new pg? i'd cut jackson and save his money for a much much better pg now. that is better than adding another mediocre g

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
                  well, yes . altought i m very disappointed of his offensively performance, it wasnt the moment or another injury. no rumor about a new pg? i'd cut jackson and save his money for a much much better pg now. that is better than adding another mediocre g
                  No, no rumors to cut Jackson.
                  However, Maccabi is looking to add Israeli player - guard or forward, since, practically, only two Israeli players - Jake Cohen and Danni Avdija, left to play in Israeli league, when one of Israeli players must be on the court at all times. There are few 18-19 y/o players in roster, but not sure Sfairopolous would go this way.

According to some reports names are Avi Ben-Chimol, Yiftach Ziv and Amar'e Stoudemire. Last one seems like bluff... He's not really needed.
                  Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 01-21-2020, 03:57 AM.
                  Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

This is one of the messages that cause everybody to say that you are just trolling.
                    You saw that Jackson receive more and more minutes, even at 4th quarter during money time. Do you really think that there is any chance Maccabi is looking for another PG for Euroleague or is it just an attempt to shout out again that you think Jackson is horrible player? While he had a slow start, it is as obvious as it can be that Sfairopoulos believes in him.

Actually few news sites saying that there is a good chance that Maccabi will be using their last 'foreigner' spot to list Jackson to Israeli league games.

Comment

Originally posted by Metec View Post
                      This is one of the messages that cause everybody to say that you are just trolling.
                      You saw that Jackson receive more and more minutes, even at 4th quarter during money time. Do you really think that there is any chance Maccabi is looking for another PG for Euroleague or is it just an attempt to shout out again that you think Jackson is horrible player? While he had a slow start, it is as obvious as it can be that Sfairopoulos believes in him.

Actually few news sites saying that there is a good chance that Maccabi will be using their last 'foreigner' spot to list Jackson to Israeli league games.
                      u are giving me a good assist. i dont need to repeat jack mediocrity. u are badly interpreting my toughts. u are simply also underrating a fact that u should all consider: he has a monthly salary.not a bloody signed salary forever. thats mean that yes, mta could break up his contract next days saving money to add another better even cheaper pg who could repleace his short meciore minutes and zoosman minutes.whats wrong , why is it impossible? this it means caring mta. avoiding asking for better solution it doesnt build a better team.

Comment

u are giving me a good assist. i dont need to repeat jack mediocrity. u are badly interpreting my toughts. u are simply also underrating a fact that u should all consider: he has a monthly salary.not a bloody signed salary forever. thats mean that yes, mta could break up his contract next days saving money to add another better even cheaper pg who could repleace his short meciore minutes and zoosman minutes.whats wrong , why is it impossible? this it means caring mta. avoiding asking for better solution it doesnt build a better team.
                        Did you see the contract? Unless you prove otherwise, and according to multiple sources, he signed with Maccabi for remainder of the season. Just because salary was reported per month doesn't mean he has monthly contract, and can be cut without compensation, even if Maccabi wanted to do so. No indication of such intent, except your inflamed imagination, is there. He choose Maccabi, despite much higher offers from Milano and Fener.
                        Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
                          Anyone coming from China struggles. Even Delaney did in the beginning. When you play against sh*t players you seem to lose your skills. Any Chinese team would stuggle to stay up in any local top competition in Europe.
                          cant even compare delaney and jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Sky7 View Post
                            Amara Stoudamire In Maccabi
                            absurd
                            we need pg and we are spending money in front court. i can only imagine it means reynolds it was already factually rejected or black is defenetly out from mta, but anyway those are money we must spent for a strong pg. cant really understand unless he is going to erase min by acy. but im afraid he will cut minute by calo and cohen, something we didint need so seriuosly. so if there were money in the pocket is impossbible understading why not adding a pg

Comment

https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

absurd
                                we need pg and we are spending money in front court. i can only imagine it means reynolds it was already factually rejected or black is defenetly out from mta, but anyway those are money we must spent for a strong pg. cant really understand unless he is going to erase min by acy. but im afraid he will cut minute by calo and cohen, something we didint need so seriuosly. so if there were money in the pocket is impossbible understading why not adding a pg
                                Israeli new rules (8 foreigners, 5 per game, 1 Israeli on the court) are screwing us more than ever before. We literally play with 6 players every week for months now. This is a huge physical load on everyone and with Zoos out we desperately need an Israeli. Amare is simply the best available Israeli (unless you want Mekel or Landesberg back). I don't think he will take many minutes from anyone at EL because he simply cannot defend in this level.

I can't believe I say this, but I wish we would throw some games in the Israeli league. Who gives a crap if we win over some random Nes Ziona or Galil when the outcome is a hospital for a team. I'm sure the thought of throwing a game makes Sfairopoulos cringe.
                                We should definitely start a regional league with Olympiacos. Don't even mind if they pick the referees

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information