Maccabi Tel-Aviv 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
    best possiblle results 6th . imo we ll get playoffs as 7th team. our pg position is weak, our sg is great, our sf very good, our 4 great, our c average, because we have one great player (black) and one mediocre(othello). also, u should compare this roster with others
    This most be your most optimistic predictions for Maccabi in years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
      This most be your most optimistic predictions for Maccabi in years.
      it is. actually we havent individualist show-biz pg. thast good. we have a good coach. we have no more absurd players like cole,pargo, kane, ohayon. we have as many 3 pt shooters as we never had all together. player like diba zoo bryant wil casspi calo black are top player imo.
      all those reason make this rooster our best since long time. sure ,there are stronger team. sure, sharing minutes decision by sfair will be crucial and he showed this is his weaker point. sure, also, im still afraid we could add a dramatic pg like kane or cole who would ruin everythink

Comment

Only injuries can keep this team outside the playoffs. Dorsey is a player I love and he has already demonstrated to be able to play very well as a pg.

Injuries are the real danger because some players (Casspi, Acy, Black) had various physical problems during the last seasons. Hope injuries will be limited as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
          Only injuries can keep this team outside the playoffs. Dorsey is a player I love and he has already demonstrated to be able to play very well as a pg.

Injuries are the real danger because some players (Casspi, Acy, Black) had various physical problems during the last seasons. Hope injuries will be limited as much as possible.
          if dorsey will now pg moviment, we are going to have a very good season

Comment

Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
            Only injuries can keep this team outside the playoffs.
            With all due respect, I'm not sure. It seems like a given that Madrid, Barça, CSKA, Fener will finish top 4. There are 2 Greek teams, Zalgiris, Khimki, Milano, Baskonia and others that Maccabi will compete. I'm not certain Maccabi will make the playoffs, roster is better than last year but we'll see.
            Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
            Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
            Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
            Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Since Tyler Dorsey's grandmother is Israeli, does that means he'll get an Israeli passport and count as a Israeli player?

Maccabi Tel Aviv

EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
              Intercontinental Cup - 1980
              Adriatic League Championship - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by [M-120] View Post
                Since Tyler Dorsey's grandmother is Israeli, does that means he'll get an Israeli passport and count as a Israeli player?
                An awful man named Rami Kohen (the president of hapoel tel Aviv) whose only preoccupation is how to damage Maccabi TA managed to impose new rules which restrict the participation of hebrew naturalized players grown abroad , so even if he gets the Israeli passport I don't know.

Perhaps Israeli supporters know more and can clarify the situation.

Comment

New rules say that no more than 5 foreigners per 12 men game sheet, with no more than 2 new Israeli naturalized players that have played less than full 4 seasons as Israelis in the Israeli league.

Team that plays 1 new naturalized player is fined 200K NIS (50K Euro). Playing 2 is 500K NIS fine. Dibartolomeo is considered veteran naturalized Israeli, Sandy Cohen and Dorsey will most likely be registered as new naturalized Israelis.

at least 1 Israeli must play at any given time.

Moreover, each team must register a minimum of 4 native Israelis per game(Jake Cohen, Avdija, Zoosman, Casspi).

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
                    With all due respect, I'm not sure. It seems like a given that Madrid, Barça, CSKA, Fener will finish top 4. There are 2 Greek teams, Zalgiris, Khimki, Milano, Baskonia and others that Maccabi will compete. I'm not certain Maccabi will make the playoffs, roster is better than last year but we'll see.
                    I tend to agree. Maccabi fans were so used to crappy teams, that now when we have a team with potential, most fans have already forgotten that the EL is tough, and good teams may find themselves out as well.

Since the start of the league system. Most Maccabi teams had a ceiling of 8 standing at the very best scenario (which obviously wasn't achieved in any season). I do think that if everything goes well, this team can find itself at the 6 place, but at the same time, it can be 10-12.

We can fight, but it depends on team chemistry, the team can find itself out of the playoffs even if everybody will stay healthy.

Comment

I hate Rami Cohen and don't like most of his actions, but I would not put this one on him.

I still see the Israeli players union as the responsible for the crazy rules we had in the league that brought Israeli players salaries to new heights while reducing the level of Israeli basketball. Last few seasons were the worst season in many many many years when you see national team achievement and the results of Israeli clubs in Europe. I do think that the Russian rule had a part in it.

On the other hand, Ironically Maccabi will probably have 2 "Israelis" (Real Israeli - Or Naturalize Israeli that will use his citizenship solely for basketball purposes) in its starting five at the first season without a Russian rule obligation.

I still wish that Maccabi would be able to achieve more in Israeli talent development, Maccabi is not just another team, their budget is higher than the rest of the Israeli league combined. Every time the management speaks about the lack of talent it makes me angry, Maccabi = Israeli basketball, Maccabi expected to grow talent, if so many years passed between the rise of Casspi to Avdija (which is just a potential, still has 0 achievements in adult basketball) you should take responsibility and think how to improve this aspect in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
                        ahaha not really one of strongest of the history, friend. if im in your clothes, i'll be very serene. we ll not be el and we ll not get f4 BUT if u'll be in my cloths, u would notice this team is builted with certain rationality, something that was totally misconsidered while building last years teams. sure we havent a pg. but we made much more errors than this one, lately . as its an error having so much sg in the same team. this is the perfect way to potentially damage all of them. anyway we never had so many talent in the same team, and never had so much shooters, something is a must in europe. Dorsey is not a star but he is the classica american who could be a crack in europe.our 3 and 4 position is excellent as black in 5 position. so pg and second center is a problem. i hardly hope acy culd play as c in europe
                        What do you mean, of course he can play C in Europe, personally I believe he is more suitable to play C than PF. He isn't shorter than Dunston for example and is even bigger!

Comment

Originally posted by the_black_planet View Post
                          What do you mean, of course he can play C in Europe, personally I believe he is more suitable to play C than PF. He isn't shorter than Dunston for example and is even bigger!
                          simply i'm afraid acy is considered a pf as black -hunter will be the c position duo. acy as pf it will mean less space for caloiaro. absurd because he is the perfect european style pf (that is a kind of bigger size sf)

Comment

I like to think about a lineup with:
                            Avdija, Zoosman, Casspi, Caloiaro, Acy
                            All > 2.0 meters, can shot, run, switch on defense...
                            I can see it actually work in some situations.

Comment

Originally posted by theng View Post
                              I like to think about a lineup with:
                              Avdija, Zoosman, Casspi, Caloiaro, Acy
                              All > 2.0 meters, can shot, run, switch on defense...
                              I can see it actually work in some situations.
                              Uh, you can't go guardless in EL you will get killed. Quicker guards will light you up for a 100 points easy. Only Avdija can realistically be a guard, while maybe his future is at SF. Everybody else is also forwards and one quick center. Won't work...

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                                Uh, you can't go guardless in EL you will get killed. Quicker guards will light you up for a 100 points easy. Only Avdija can realistically be a guard, while maybe his future is at SF. Everybody else is also forwards and one quick center. Won't work...
                                Zoosman can guard guards better than most people think. Ask Shved... Actually Avdija is the one I don't trust on defense in this lineup.
                                But yeah, in many cases it could be a problem so we better have someone like Dorsey/Bryant instead Avdija (both are 1.96 so it's still the same concept)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information