Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol.

Posters here arguing what are the main reason why asian countries, especially philippines are not in the level of european and american countries.

1. Talent Level of Players
    2. Tactical Advancement of Coaches
    3. Preparation

Why we need to choose 1? They all mattered almost equally the same.

You can have 12 Nba players in your lineup. But without preparation, you prepare to lose. Remember that Usa team in 2019 WC who was defeated by Serbia, Argentina, France, etc. HECK, thet even have a hard time against Turkey.
    (you can argue that is weak usa team, BUT IT IS ALL NBA PLAYERS LINEUP)

Then ofc, Coaches and Players should coexist with each other.

Comment

• ^^Nah if we have 12 NBA players in the proper positions prepare to beat every past Gilas iteration 99.9% percent of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
        ^^Nah if we have 12 NBA players in the proper positions prepare to beat every past Gilas iteration 99.9% percent of the time.
        Ofc. Lol.

I am just saying that USA 2019 lost because they do not prepare well enough.

They are not exceptional players like Kobe, Lebron, Durant, etc.

And also that "proper positions" is a big IF

Comment

• ^
          At math..
          While of course preparation matters and coaching , but really the main difference and biggest attribution to results is none other than TALENT. that is the single most difference between doing well or not. regardless of FIBA, NBA or any competition. it is still TALENT. while not absolutely yes 90 % of the time this is what it comes down to, so year weaker teams may beat stronger teams 1 out of 10 times ( 10 %) upset.

That is why the focus of any national team program or federation should be : recruiting and developing better talent !

1. the development is focused on the Young : under 14 to 23 yrs old who are locally based
          2. While the recruitment is from overseas

You will notice that neither 1 and 2 involve the PBA, get that guys! Until u realize that , then all the fuss of lending players from PBA is simply a waste of time !

Comment

• I really think Bigs are our best bet to be in Nba.

Our Local Guards and Wings, I don't think can even be an nba prospect right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
              ^
              At math..
              While of course preparation matters and coaching , but really the main difference and biggest attribution to results is none other than TALENT. that is the single most difference between doing well or not. regardless of FIBA, NBA or any competition. it is still TALETNT. while not absolutely yes 90 % of the time this is what it comes down to, so year weaker teams may beat stronger teams 1 out of 10 times ( 10 %) upset.
              Well, I agree with that.

I just said talent, preperation, and coaching all matters.

Question:

When we say talent, are we referring to natural talent or developed talent?

Natural Talent, we could'nt do anything about that. It is either u have it or not.

As for developed talent, we can develop the players to their maximum potential. But we cannot exceed their ceiling.

Comment

^
                At math..
                While of course preparation matters and coaching , but really the main difference and biggest attribution to results is none other than TALENT. that is the single most difference between doing well or not. regardless of FIBA, NBA or any competition. it is still TALENT. while not absolutely yes 90 % of the time this is what it comes down to, so year weaker teams may beat stronger teams 1 out of 10 times ( 10 %) upset.

That is why the focus of any national team program or federation should be : recruiting and developing better talent !

1. the development is focused on the Young : under 14 to 23 yrs old who are locally based

You will notice that neither 1 and 2 involve the PBA, get that guys! Until u realize that , then all the fuss of lending players from PBA is simply a waste of time !
                Depends on the level of talent obviously. Like we dont lose 10% of the time every SEA games. But I agree the fuss about the PBA is overblown. Once we develop top talent, the PBA should be beneath them.

Comment

^
                  At math..

number 1 should be the priority

Comment

• It is both ,
                    Recruit a find the best raw talent and exposed them to good coaching development.

1. you can develop a 6'3 player who is fast to potentially play in the NBA , but your chances are low to develop a 5'8 player regardless of how good development coaching you have to be an NBA player

2. futhermore a 6' 3 raw talent is wasted if you develop him with bad coaching to be a power forward.

you will notice that both 1 ( development ) and 2. raw talent the Philippines does poorly , so talaga wala...

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                      number 1 should be the priority
                      Id put a caveat that if we properly develop our teenage prospects then they should probably be based abroad by college. Seems like the surest and definitely most time tested path for success.

Comment

Depends on the level of talent obviously. Like we dont lose 10% of the time every SEA games. But I agree the fuss about the PBA is overblown. Once we develop top talent, the PBA should be beneath them.
                        the talent level in the PBA will definitley go up, when were are recruiting (eligible) players from overseas and exposing our young players to better development opportunities ( div 1, G- league ) etc.. why , cause obviously these promising developed players with decent raw talent will want to get paid for their talent

Comment

the talent level in the PBA will definitley go up, when were are recruiting (eligible) players from overseas and exposing our young players to better development opportunities ( div 1, G- league ) etc.. why , cause obviously these promising developed players with decent raw talent will want to get paid for their talent
                          I agree that good development will rise all boats including the PBA.

Comment

• guys need your advise. has anyone outside of PH subscribed to the livebasketball.tv for fiba asia live streams? i wanna know if its reliable. its relatively cheap at around $5.
                            however if its not reliable then i'll just go buy a VPN subscription so that i can see the youtube livestream from Sports5 albeit more expensive.
                            The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• ^
                              Digitalsuperman

i use FIBA tv, it's quality is dependent on internet speed in your location.

Additionally it's FIBA broacasters (some anoying british accent guy lol) so if you want to hear sila quniito and magoo and local Pinoy commnetators don't get FIBA . Tv

the other advantage of fiba .tv is they keep replays. so if you don't want to watch in the wee hours in the morning or are at work, it's good.. so you can watch the on demand replay. the only thing is DO NOT use social media for spoilers lol

Comment

Id put a caveat that if we properly develop our teenage prospects then they should probably be based abroad by college. Seems like the surest and definitely most time tested path for success.
                                This is true, while there are many different pathways. i agree and backed up by evidence from NZ prospects, that the highest rate of return of developing good prospects is those who go to a 4 year Div 1 program, expecially if the program provides the player good playing time exposure.. like Toledo has given AJ opportunities to play (when healthy). i can actually give you a complete list of over 25 Kiwi players that have turned out as quality NZ players , and 80 % are from div 1 4 year programs.

I really am convinced , that the formula is right there in front of everyone to see, it is no secret.. we just refuse to really acknowledge it or find it to hard to accept as it goes against how we normally do things. e.g. go to Philippine college tapos pag star go to PBA draft , this is fools gold.. does not work!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information