Page 796 of 855 FirstFirst ... 296696746786794795796797798806846 ... LastLast
Results 15,901 to 15,920 of 17098

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    On the last part, I feel we need more shooters in this team/pool. Maybe outside shooting would be provided mainly by Bulanadi & Suerte when they rejoin the team/pool. Its not however as simple as you just put shooters in the team then ok na. Under a Tab Baldwin team which puts lots of emphasis on defense, the shooters must also be reliable wing defenders. Hindi pwede yung deadly shooter tapos liability sa defense. That is why the perfect shooters in this team are in the Dondon Hontiveros & Marcio Lassiter mold. Yung tipong nakaka shoot sa tres at nakaka depensa rin sa perimeter.

That's why during the 2015 FIBA Asia Championship, coach Tab picked Hontiveros for Gilas despite the latter no longer in his prime. During those games where Dondon wasn't shooting well, he was still useful for the team becoz of his steady defense.

Hope coach Tab will have a Dondon Hontiveros or a Marcio Lassiter on his team/pool.
    Again, Bulanadi and Abando.

Which should be more acceptable, an iso shooting guard or an iso point guard? I'm talking between Dave and SJ
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    So Mike's a shoo in?
    nope. 3 will be cut. i just pit the two since they are SF for gilas.

not a shoo-in but i think nieto has a better chance than jv and tungcab for that SG spot.

if tamayo is good to go and suerte is still injured, i think d 3 cuts will be among lopez, navarro, tungcab, jv, chiu, and nieto.

if d plan is to seat kai vs serbia, chiu might make it.

but as i said in a previous post, we can have a better feel of who'll be in d OQT after our last game vs korea.

Quote Originally Posted by Labradoodle View Post
    Smart local players seems to be rare in the Indonesian National Team. Without Lester Prosper, they will be left out. I mean, we've seen Jakrawan play and he is good by Southeast Asian level
    They already have a huge 49-32 lead at halftime.. shows how valuable prosper is.. yes, he only have 8pts but his impact dooms Thailand.. if they double team him, someone got open from 3 while if one on one then no one can stop him.. even Indonesian fans doesn't like him but he's a professional.. he continue to play on.. I would want him in Asia cup this August but that's already their management call.. for me, he's better than Ratliffe.. he's more versatile than Ratliffe and how he stop Kai last time.. I'm impress with him.. someone that Ratliffe can't do against Kai..

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    matt should be fine by august.
    I thought Matt suffered a broken hand which most likely will require surgery & might take some time to heal. I mean the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup is barely 2 months away.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

I thought Matt suffered a broken hand which most likely will require surgery & might take some time to heal. I mean the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup is barely 2 months away.
    Matt and Kiefer can be in the same time.. especially if Jordan heading will not impress his coaching staff.. he's a disappointment so far.. then pick one either sj or RJ to be 3rd PG..

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    They already have a huge 49-32 lead at halftime.. shows how valuable prosper is.. yes, he only have 8pts but his impact dooms Thailand.. if they double team him, someone got open from 3 while if one on one then no one can stop him.. even Indonesian fans doesn't like him but he's a professional.. he continue to play on.. I would want him in Asia cup this August but that's already their management call.. for me, he's better than Ratliffe.. he's more versatile than Ratliffe and how he stop Kai last time.. I'm impress with him.. someone that Ratliffe can't do against Kai..

Without Prosper, Thailand will be able to match Indonesia or even eclipse them or if Thailand had a formidable NP (but they don't even have an NP)

It's sad that Indonesia does not seem to value Prosper and blame him for the shortcoming of their locals.

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Which should be more acceptable, an iso shooting guard or an iso point guard? I'm talking between Dave and SJ
    I'd rather have a 6-4 Dave I. than a 5-10 SJ Belangel doing iso ball. Question is, how good a one-one-one player Dave I. is?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Without Prosper, Thailand will be able to match Indonesia or even eclipse them or if Thailand had a formidable NP (but they don't even have an NP)

It's sad that Indonesia does not seem to value Prosper and blame him for the shortcoming of their locals.
    I will bet on Thailand if Indonesia doesn't have prosper.. heck even vietnam is better than them w/o NP.. they are lucky to have him.. he's a Asian elite NP.. they are lucky that Koreans can't put a huge margin against Indonesia because of him.. even us, mas hirap si Kai Kay prosper kaysa Kay Ratliffe eh..that poor performance of Kai is because prosper has a good job defending him.. tapos ibeblame pa nila? I don't know if that bolden is good.. yes, he's a NBA caliber player but let's see... Sulit na sila Kay prosper eh..

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Matt and Kiefer can be in the same time.. especially if Jordan heading will not impress his coaching staff.. he's a disappointment so far.. then pick one either sj or RJ to be 3rd PG..
    i like pogoy and kiefer to join d team in august.

d asia cup is more than a month pa. performance in d asia cup qualifier and OQT will not be the only basis for selecting d final 12 by august. the full one month after OQT prior to asia cup, a lot of player development may happen, especially for those who are relatively new in d program.

I will bet on Thailand if Indonesia doesn't have prosper.. heck even vietnam is better than them w/o NP.. they are lucky to have him.. he's a Asian elite NP.. they are lucky that Koreans can't put a huge margin against Indonesia because of him.. even us, mas hirap si Kai Kay prosper kaysa Kay Ratliffe eh..that poor performance of Kai is because prosper has a good job defending him.. tapos ibeblame pa nila? I don't know if that bolden is good.. yes, he's a NBA caliber player but let's see... Sulit na sila Kay prosper eh..

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    i like pogoy and kiefer to join d team in august.

d asia cup is more than a month pa. performance in d asia cup qualifier and OQT will not be the only basis for selecting d final 12 by august. the full one month after OQT prior to asia cup, a lot of player development may happen, especially for those who are relatively new in d program.
    Atleast 5 pba players should be there for the Asian cup this August.. my bet is Kiefer, Troy, oftana, pogoy and Perez (if smc allows him).. coach tab should invite only players who already practice with him, so that no more adjustment..

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    The question u should really have is , which 3 players of the 15 get cut and do not fly to Serbia
    Perhaps lost in the discussion as to which Gilas players go to Serbia is Rey Suerte. Suerte suffered a grade 2 ankle sprain last June 9 & said injury will require about 2 weeks healing period. Meaning by June 23, Suerte's injury is expected to be healed. That's about a week before Gilas' first game in the OQT.

Jakrawan doing a pretty good job defending prosper forcing him to pass or force to take bad contested shot... Too bad their guards have tunnel vision and looking to 1 on 1 iso their way to the rim rather than going to Jakrawan.

I'd rather have a 6-4 Dave I. than a 5-10 SJ Belangel doing iso ball. Question is, how good a one-one-one player Dave I. is?
    Yes, the 5'10 height of SJ is a liability on defense. So not only will an iso point guard hurt you on the offense, but you will also easily give up 2 points on the defensive side...

My memories of the last world u19 says he's really good
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

potentially better than parks

but i'll take sj if the choice is between d two come august.

Jakrawan is overrated in ibn, patiphan klahan does the dirty job on him on hi tech..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post
    Jakrawan doing a pretty good job defending prosper forcing him to pass or force to take bad contested shot... Too bad their guards have tunnel vision and looking to 1 on 1 iso their way to the rim rather than going to Jakrawan.
    All jakrawan needs is to bulk up.. he will be a good Asian elite center one day.. but their teammates are suck big time..

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post
    Jakrawan should play overseas. Talents like him deserve better

Page 796 of 855 FirstFirst ... 296696746786794795796797798806846 ... LastLast