Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
    ^
    The normal , or average way to citizenship. i didn't say always the way, and even in Qatar's case many of citizens went through that pathway of resident to citizenship.
    Do you have stats for saying that many Qatar citizen went thru that path resident to citizenship or is this just your assumptions.

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
      His only way to be a Qatari citizen is thru naturalization with the Qatari Emir decree and renouncing his Filipino citizenship.
      I may be wrong here, but I've read somewhere that before someone can become a GCC-state permanent resident, one must convert to Islam. Is this still the case?

Comment

Do you have stats for saying that many Qatar citizen went thru that path resident to citizenship or is this just your assumptions.
        It is not an assumption that there are many, but i do not have the stats of the exact breakdown of how many go through that pathway.

The statement that many of citizens of all nations including Qatar are from its resident population, is NOT an assumption or even an opinion , but is fact. It is a factual statement , even if without providing the exact or indicative numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
          But as all of us see, those Qatari guards lack explosiveness ala Alapag or Castro. One undersized guard won't hurt them.

Well, Jacey's family has been residing in Qatar since 2010. That makes Jacey a Qatari resident since around 7-8 years old.
          From what i know, you dont became a citizen of Qatari just being born there. His father has to be Qatari citizen. Do you know in absolute truth that his father is a Qatari citizen and not just have resident card holder
          Do you have link that Qatari change their law on citizenship?
          Last edited by zairex; 05-17-2021, 03:17 AM.

Comment

• We actually know a person we dialogue with (who is Pinoy) , who worked with the Qatari feferation and in charge of their eligibility. and her opinion is there many misconceptions of both what Qatar does and even the history of the Hagop rule, which upon investigation , she is correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
              Qatar pool:

C Muhammed Hashim Zaidan 6'11
              C Meho Haracic 6'11
              C Emir Mujkic 6'10
              F Seydou Ndoye 6'9
              F Faris Avdic 6'7
              F Erfan Saeed 6'7
              F Abdulrahman Yehia 6'7
              F Nadim Muslic 6'6
              F/G Khaled Abdi 6'6
              F Ahmed Saeed 6'5
              G Babacar Dieng 6'5
              F Asim Walid 6'3
              G/F Abdelrahman Saad 6'3
              G Ruslan Rashid Abdullah 6'2
              G Faisal Abuissa 6'2
              G Momar Talla Gueye 6'2
              G Muhammad Abdelaziz 6'1
              G Omar Saad 6'0

4 Bosnian-born Qataris, 3 Senegalese-born Qataris. I was wondering why Indonesia and Qatar like to recruit Senegalese players?
              I wonder why this kid ALEN HADZIBEGOVIC hasn't played for the Qatar 5-on-5 senior National team in FIBA tournament? Hadzibegovic played for the Qatar youth 3x3 team in a FIBA 3x3 youth tournament a few years ago. This kid of of Montenegro descent & perhaps have no Qatari bloodline, obtained Qatari citizenship prior to his 16th birthday. Averaging 11.7 pts & 7.6 rebs in the Russian top pro league, I think this kid would be a difference maker for the Qatar senior team if he plays.

Alen Hadzibegovic Power Forward & Center from Montenegro & Qatar born in 1999 - VIDEO AVAILABLE - Last Teams: BC RUNA, STELMET ZIELONA GORA, KK PODGORICA

By the way, on the current pool is 6-foot-11 center Muhammed Hashim Zaidan who is now 40 years of age. This big guy was part of the original Qatar team way back in the early & mid-2000's during the brightest moments of Qatar basketball.
              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Funny guy, factual without fact. Is just then be ual then which means nonsense.
                Couldn't they got there citizens more thru bloodline than migrant workers. To make this factual statement this is my info https://www.businessinsider.com/8-of...citizen-2018-9

Comment

It is not an assumption that there are many, but i do not have the stats of the exact breakdown of how many go through that pathway.

The statement that many of citizens of all nations including Qatar are from its resident population, is NOT an assumption or even an opinion , but is fact. It is a factual statement , even if without providing the exact or indicative numbers
                  Funny guy, factual without fact. Is just then be ual then which means nonsense.
                  Couldn't they got there citizens more thru bloodline than migrant workers. To make this factual statement this is my info https://www.businessinsider.com/8-of...citizen-2018-9

Comment

• ^
                    Again, "Many" does not mean more or higher proportion . And it's relevance for the NT is this. even if say 98 % of most Qatar citizens acquire their citizenship by blood lines .. but if most of the members for the National team do not make this 98 % common way of acquisition, but get it through naturalization or grant to residents .. ( which they are) , then the statement that [B]many[/B of the national team members are residents who were naturalized ( that pathway) is totally true..
                    and this where the complaints of outsider arise from. because essentially unlike many nations Qatar are filling their national team not with natural born Qatari which is the common pathway to citizenship, but they are filling up the roster with "Many" naturalized players who are residents. Accusation of grant of citizenship for sports purposes.
                    Last edited by DAdmiral; 05-17-2021, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• Without facts you change your stand. No one will ever say 2% is many especially when in comes to residents. Remember your first post that we should be not be surprised.

Besides do you think they are resident first, they were taken in when they were teenagers and their families arent Qatari citizen. They need to be Qatar resident for 25 years to be consider to be considered to be citizen. Do you think this Bosnian or Senegal have been in Qatar for 25 years.

If they are not then they became citizen because of Emir decree and is not a usual pathway to citizenship. They did this just like us to naturalized a foreigner. But unlike us there are considered locals in Qatar and gotten passport at age 16. So we should be surprised because this is not normal in Qatar.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                        https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...210516-fbfirst

interesting take by Coach Tab

I'm a big Paul Lee fan," Baldwin admitted. "When Paul was in shape and playing well, I would put Paul at point."
                        See, no less than coach Tab Baldwin believes that PBA players are still among the best prospects for the National team.

Tapos yung iba dito kung maka react if someone says like "PBA players are the best prospects for the National team", eh parang akala mo...

I think if PBA players are available & those PBA players could train with Gilas for about 5 to 6 months, coach Tab's 12-man Gilas roster would be like 7 to 8 PBA players (excluding the special draftees) & about 4 to 5 amateurs.
                        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• a full roster filled with naturalise players is "enough to count as "Many" , if 100,000 people which is an absolute # makes 2 %, that is Many. And yes people consider that absolute number wherher it be just 1,000 or 10k as many!

but here is where your missing the point of my original statement. with Qatar's demographics made up of a resident migrant working population (not citizens) it comes to no surprise that aside from filling up it's workforce (Overseas workers) it is also filling up it's national teams with overseas 'sports" professionals who are residents. that is the point of the no suprise statement . Qatar's practice for recruiting workers who reside there is similar to their practice of of recruiting national team resident members from overseas . i'm really sorry you wasted so much time , on misinterpreting the point and purpose of my orignial statment.
                          bascially if Qatar has little good prospects from it's true citizens, then it basically resorts to it's practice of filling it's needs ( workforce and athelets) from overseas .. ganoon lang ka simple.

Comment

a full roster filled with naturalise players is "enough to count as "Many" , if 100,000 people which is an absolute # makes 2 %, that is Many. And yes people consider that absolute number wherher it be just 1,000 or 10k as many!

but here is where your missing the point of my original statement. with Qatar's demographics made up of a resident migrant working population (not citizens) it comes to no surprise that aside from filling up it's workforce (Overseas workers) it is also filling up it's national teams with overseas 'sports" professionals who are residents. that is the point of the no suprise statement . Qatar's practice for recruiting workers who reside there is similar to their practice of of recruiting national team resident members from overseas . i'm really sorry you wasted so much time , on misinterpreting the point and purpose of my orignial statment
                            This is also my last post on this matter, just like Ange Koume who came here to play basketball and not because his parents a migrant worker. Qatar is recruiting foreigner on their homeland and turning them into local citizen to play for national team. They didn't came from migrant worker or their parents were migrant workers. Thats were I corrected you and also the fact that a small percentage of all migrant worker become a Qatari citizen especially Europeans.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                              See, no less than coach Tab Baldwin believes that PBA players are still among the best prospects for the National team.

Tapos yung iba dito kung maka react if someone says like "PBA players are the best prospects for the National team", eh parang akala mo...

I think if PBA players are available & those PBA players could train with Gilas for about 5 to 6 months, coach Tab's 12-man Gilas roster would be like 7 to 8 PBA players (excluding the special draftees) & about 4 to 5 amateurs.
                              Qualification "among" and assuming they prepare ( months together ) , now given there may be limited among these PBA players who are available to prepare this long ( 5 months) then it is really is all relative of the make up and split of the final roster. If 1 or 2 PBA players of certain talent level are available to prepare for 5 months , then that's all with be needed for the final 12.

Comment

This is also my last post on this matter, just like Ange Koume who came here to play basketball and not because his parents a migrant worker. Qatar is recruiting foreigner on their homeland and turning them into local citizen to play for national team. They didn't came from migrant worker or their parents were migrant workers. Thats were I corrected you and also the fact that a small percentage of all migrant worker become a Qatari citizen especially Europeans.
                                who said a big % percentage of migrant workers become Qatari citizens? stating many of the national team members like many of their workforce residents are from overseas is not saying what you're suggesting i said at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information