Page 777 of 855 FirstFirst ... 277677727767775776777778779787827 ... LastLast
Results 15,521 to 15,540 of 17098

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quite a low scoring game for Gilas despite the win

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    It was surprisingly working, only problem is stamina but the combo was what broke the game open
    Add to it that there is no SJ in that lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    More bad news: He left on a wheelchair. Hopefully he recovers in time for SoKor. Like geohunk said, we need his offensive skillset to have a chance of going toe-to-toe with SoKor.
    If it is a Grade 1 sprain then he is definitely not going to be risked to play on Sunday. So I see Lebron taking his spot and possibly Jordan Heading taking Tungcab's and the rest of the roster will be the same as in the first game.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Problem with small guards is they can’t pass over taller defenders or see the angles probably, though if you’re good at passing that won’t matter because you can pass from any angle

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Lopez looks legit 6’6 out there on the wing, he got a little eager on defense (when he tried to steal from prosper leaving his man open to penetration) but you can see how good he can be with his athleticism and size.
    Imagine a matured Lebron Lopez playing alongside an improved Kobe Paras.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Quote Originally Posted by geohunk View Post
    If it is a Grade 1 sprain then he is definitely not going to be risked to play on Sunday. So I see Lebron taking his spot and possibly Jordan Heading taking Tungcab's and the rest of the roster will be the same as in the first game.
    I think Mike might be replaced with Javi/Navarro

Why our PG always points guard umay haha and midget at that

The line-up at the start of the 2nd half:

Kai Sotto = 7'3
    Ange Kouame = 7'0
    Justine Baltazar = 6'8
    Dwight Ramos = 6'5
    Jordan Heading = 6'2

Extremely tall line-up. It blew the game wide-open for us. Indonesia had no answer with Kai and Kouame attacking down low and Baltazar draining 3 point shots. I think Dwight played the point here.

Just watched the post game press conference. Tab's using what the Korean coach said as extra incentive. He said they will not be going out there this Sunday to make friends

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Lopez with 8p 5r 1a 1s 1b in 9:40 minutes, how about Balti showing he can be a 3nD wing with post moves
    Balti showcased significant improvement in his handles & 3-pt. shooting in this game. In the game vs. Korea, Balti showed his nice perimeter defense. What impresses me about Balti is his toughness.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

YT comments are saying Tamayo got a Grade 1 ankle sprain, which means he'll be out until the end of OQT. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post

Kai Sotto = 7'3
    Ange Kouame = 7'0
    Justine Baltazar = 6'8
    Dwight Ramos = 6'5
    Jordan Heading = 6'2

Extremely tall line-up. It blew the game wide-open for us. Indonesia had no answer with Kai and Kouame attacking down low and Baltazar draining 3 point shots. I think Dwight played the point here.
    Replace heading with a better PG and that's a solid starting 5.

Balti's handles were decent he could really play the 3 for us together with Tamayo. We have a lot of 3 prospects. We have lopez, tamayo, paras, balti and oftana. Lopez needs to be deadshot in the perimeter and should further improve his dribble. He was wide open several times in that game and he didn't take it.

kai's body is like JA during his teens. They wont really have stronger core but they could jump way higher. Kai cant have it all. He would still be effective eventually but we should not expect monster games always.haha

19yr old Kai played two games against grown men and those two were ex-NBA and still good imports. Imagine Kai playing in the upcoming U19.haha Normal lang yan sometimes he would struggle. He could have scored more today if he had receive more passes when he sealed against smaller indos and even prosper. Kai tried to post prosper after his dunk but as always walang pasa.haha

SJ from boy redeemed hero to someone that Gilas doesnt need.haha We thank all these kids effort but unfortunately some of them should not be with this team eventually. Matt was just ordinary but he was very intelligent and a great court general. Decision making is also superb. We need to really upgrade our PG position. Parang kumpleto na talaga tayu PG nalang!haha
    Last edited by PeeZones; 06-18-2021 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post

Kai Sotto = 7'3
    Ange Kouame = 7'0
    Justine Baltazar = 6'8
    Dwight Ramos = 6'5
    Jordan Heading = 6'2

Dwight played the pg actually, I think a shooter in Javi would’ve been better (despite his ok play) in terms of size and also Heading coming of an injury

Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
    YT comments are saying Tamayo got a Grade 1 ankle sprain, which means he'll be out until the end of OQT. Is this true?
    From google

This level of sprain shouldn't result in any instability or muscle weakness but can cause minor swelling. Grade 1 sprained ankle recovery time is anywhere from 2 weeks to a month, normally closer to the two-week mark with proper treatment. A grade 1 sprained ankle can be treated almost entirely at home.

“Carl apparently has Grade 1 sprain. It’s not overly serious but he’s in pain. He still feels pain in the ankle,” said Baldwin during the presser that followed Gilas Pilipinas’ second straight win in the window - and fifth overall in the qualifiers.

“It may be upgraded once it’s examined further,” said Baldwin.

The injury could leave the incoming University of the Philippines stalwart out of the national team’s final 12 roster for its return match against South Korea on Sunday.

“I think he’s certainly won’t be active at all tomorrow (Saturday), and whether he will be right for Sunday, I would say it’s not probable,” added Baldwin.

“But until the doctors give me more information, I don’t know.”

So as not to further aggravate the injury, Tamayo had to taken out in a wheel chair on the way to the Gilas dugout following the game.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...=home_hybrid_2

hope they call up panopio if available, marami pa naman ata tournaments para e test kung sino ideal PG - Tall and a playmaker with respectable offense.

Before, we have many good PGs but not enough good bigs and wings. Now we have the complete opposite problem, no good PGs but a lot of wings and bigs.
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Am I the only one who thinks that Belangel and Abarrientos still has the tendency to play Pinoy hero ball? Might as well just get 1GDL if want someone with a bit of hero ball. At least Juan plays very well with Javi on the floor, too. Same age, but also bigger and heftier and has more experience

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Replace heading with a better PG and that's a solid starting 5.
    Disappointed as well with how heading performed today. He needs to bounce back big time on the next game.

Page 777 of 855 FirstFirst ... 277677727767775776777778779787827 ... LastLast