Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
    Say great grandparent was the Filipino citizen? No shot unless through naturalization.
    If this is the case of CH then Analyzed is correct. Yung kay Sage and Hepa mga pag-babakasakali lang yun.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
      I'm referring to not born to a Philippine citizen. As in parent never was a Philippine citizen
      Ah youre talking about 3rd generation minors whose grandparents never had citizenship? Well yeah those guys shouldnt have a legal path to citizenship beyond the naturalization process.

Comment

• Originally posted by allmight View Post
        There is no evidence to support this claim.
        Technically, without political hocus pocus, Menk and Hatfield can't claim citizenship. Both their mothers were already US citizens at the time of their birth..and back in the 70s (the decade these two were born), Filipinos who took foreign citizenship automatically lost their Philippine citizenship. And that they were no longer minors when the dual citizenship act came to law.

If Menk and Hatfield were ordinary Americans of Filipino descent, the BI would not think twice on deporting them. But they are celebrities who played for companies with strong political backing.

Comment

• ^
          The evidence is actually overwhelming, and it doesn't even need to come from an insider etc, it's basically public knowledge

To Sik.. yes I'm referring to 3rd gen, clear example my siblings moved to the US unmarried, married Americans , gave birth to a child (as of now 90 % of this generation did not claim their Phil citizenship they have rights to ), when this 2nd generation gives birth, and it so happens that the child is a prospect, that child will no longer have rights to Philippine citizenship, unless mag hokus pokus.
          In my view most of the good prospects fall under the description above.

Now back to the topic on why I brought this up, we're accusing Indonesia of recruiting 15 year old foreign minors , yet isn't that what were exactly doing above this minors like Sage are foreigners as much as those African kids of Indonesian.
          Tapos they're being trolled by an army of Gilas fans , can u see how bad this looks ! Then while trolling sage , were trolling Indonesia like they stole money or something, the hypocrisy!
          Last edited by DAdmiral; 05-10-2021, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by allmight View Post
            So it all boils down to:

Can an "American" with Filipino blood apply for legit dual citizenship?

Is there a lawyer here?
            The law does not care about "blood". It cares if one of your parent was still a Filipino citizen at the time of your birth.

Even if 23andMe says you are "30% Filipino and Austronesian", the PH government will not recognize you as a citizen if you don't have proof that one of your parents was still a PH citizen when you were were born.

Meanwhile, there are people who do not have "Filipino blood" but are bonafide citizens of the Philippines because one or both of their parents were PH citizen when they were born.

If Kouame marries, say a French woman or a fellow Ivorian, his children will be considered natural-born Filipinos. The minor children of Douthit and Blatche can be Philippine citizens if Douthit/Blatche will apply for the naturalization of their children, too

At the same time, a "full-blooded Filipino" who is not a citizen was treated like an ordinary US passport holder tourist by the immigration.

Comment

^
              The evidence is actually overwhelming, and it doesn't even need to come from an insider etc, it's basically public knowledge

To Sik.. yes I'm referring to 3rd gen, clear example my siblings moved to the US unmarried, married Americans , gave birth to a child (as of now 90 % of this generation did not claim their Phil citizenship they have rights to ), when this 2nd generation gives birth, and it so happens that the child is a prospect, that child will no longer have rights to Philippine citizenship, unless mag hokus pokus.
              In my view most of the good prospects fall under the description above.

Now back to the topic on why I brought this up, we're accusing Indonesia of recruiting 15 year old foreign minors , yet isn't that what were exactly doing above this minors like Sage are foreigners as much as those African kids of Indonesian.
              Tapos they're being trolled by an army of Gilas fans , can u see how bad this looks ! Then while trolling sage , were trolling Indonesia like they stole money or something, the hypocrisy!
              Sage has clear connections to the country though even if for some reason he has no recourse for citizenship other than naturalization. Thats different from recruiting a 15 yr old for the national team with no connections whatsoever.

On your example as long as the 3rd gen was a Filipino citizen when he/she gave birth to second gen than 1st gen minor has right to citizenship as long as 2nd gen reaquires citizenship. If 3rd gen isnt a citizen at birth of 2nd gen then it wont work for the most part.

BTW I hate pinoys who troll Sage. So stupid.
              Last edited by Sikatrix; 05-10-2021, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• ^^
                Here is the thing , people are complaining due to misconceptions of what makes a person a legal citizen or "balikbayan" ( tony) , when in fact the root of all the problem is our own laws.. FIBA didn't create our laws.. and neither should FIBA conform to every nations difference and nuances of their laws.

the main principle is this , FIBA / FIFA or any government independent international federation eligibility rules are independent and DIFFERENT from each nations definition of what makes a citizen of their nation. A citizen of the Philippines is not automatically eligible to play in a FIFA tournament. Him her being disallowed by FIFA is no way discriminatory to his rights to a Philippine citizen. (which is not related) . Obviously those Nations that have citizenship laws that are more identical with FIBA rules may be least effected, while other may be affected more negatively. It is just the reality of any rule placed by an organization, some are effected more than others.

What we as fans however should really avoid, is this constant complaining and criticizing of other nations moves, it is really making us look stupid and ignorant honestly.

Comment

Sage has clear connections to the country though even if for some reason he has no recourse for citizenship other than naturalization. Thats different from recruiting a 15 yr old for the national team with no connections whatsoever.

Yes Sage has ancestral connection to the Philippines , just like Lebron James and an ancestral connection to a nation in Africa, but from a legal perspective which is all we're talking about here. Sage, Lebron and the Indonesian 15 year olds, are all in the same boat classification , they have no legal rights currently to a specific nation citizenship (RP, Indonesia etc)

Comment

Yes Sage has ancestral connection to the Philippines , just like Lebron James and an ancestral connection to a nation in Africa, but from a legal perspective which is all we're talking about here. Sage, Lebron and the Indonesian 15 year olds, are all in the same boat classification , they have no legal rights currently to a specific nation citizenship (RP, Indonesia etc)
                    I dont know the case of Sage. What generation did his Filipino side transfer to Hawaii?

Comment

I dont know the case of Sage. What generation did his Filipino side transfer to Hawaii?
                      Let's just say , he needed extraordinary facilitation to put his papers in order ( hokus pokus required) , here is the thing as in the case of many "sayang" prospects (like the 6'10 dude in Jersey forgot his name ) , the problem with conforming with the passport U16 rule was not a case of " I forgot " or was not aware" or a rejection of wanting to be a citizen of the Philippines, but 90 % of the time it is simply a case , that we cannot make hokus pokus, within the time constraints and reletive to the investment cost and the reward. ( will this guy actually pan out) . so u see the issue isn't we weren't aware.. ( it maybe was 10 yerars ago 2011, but not now )

Sage parents were not born in the Philippines or ever citizens.

Comment

Let's just say , he needed extraordinary facilitation to put his papers in order ( hokus pokus required) , here is the thing as in the case of many "sayang" prospects (like the 6'10 dude in Jersey forgot his name ) , the problem with conforming with the passport U16 rule was not a case of " I forgot " or was not aware" or a rejection of wanting to be a citizen of the Philippines, but 90 % of the time it is simply a case , that we cannot make hokus pokus, within the time constraints and reletive to the investment cost and the reward. ( will this guy actually pan out) . so u see the issue isn't we weren't aware.. ( it maybe was 10 yerars ago 2011, but not now )
                        So he has papers? I thought he isnt a citizen to begin with. So Tyler Tio style hocus pocus I assume.

Comment

Dunno if that's wise to post something like that here..

Comment

So he has papers? I thought he isnt a citizen to begin with. So Tyler Tio style hocus pocus I assume.
                            Sage parents were not born in the Philippines or ever citizens.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                              Dunno if that's wise to post something like that here..
                              point taken.. wil be more prudent .. the thing is much of these i believe people know , without the details...

this is just my plea, which is the main reason drawing the attention of others (outsiders ) , LETS not complain of other nations ways., please it's actually drawing attention on our faults. which isn't clean at all.

if Qunito and fans want to bombard FIbA via social media of complaints and accusations of Indoenesia or Qatar cheating, oh boy we will really be shooting ourselves in the foot.
                              Last edited by DAdmiral; 05-10-2021, 09:51 PM.

Comment

point taken.. wil be more prudent .. the thing is much of these i believe people know , without the details...

this is just my plea, which is drawing the main reason drawing the attention of others, LETS not complain of other nations ways., please it's actually drawing attention on our faults. which isn't clean at all.
                                Ill delete my reply/quote if everyone else does. I think its ok to complain by the way. If other countries/fan bases want to complain about our perceived faults let them.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information