Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
    asia cup. the old fiba asia championship
    which is not a qualifier for the Olympics or world cup anymore right? In which case this tournament would pretty much be like the Asian games

Comment

Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
      Husslein hasn't played for Guam since 2015. Their PG rotation in the pre-qualifiers consisted of a trio of guards below six feet. I'm waiting for Michael Sakazaki, a 6'5" wing with D-II experience, to show his stuff in the games.
      The guy was like kiefer and parks, started playing with the nt at young age although in lower level comp. it would be beneficial for them to join the asean league if they dont have issue hosting games
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by magic_chiongson View Post
        which is not a qualifier for the Olympics or world cup anymore right? In which case this tournament would pretty much be like the Asian games
        But they put ranking points, theres a reason why we are in pot 1 on this fiba draw because of our solid performances the prev years and it will come a very very big factor of we want that olympic slot

Comment

Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
          The team competing in the Fiba Asia Qualifier should be coached by Tab or by Arespacochaga. Give Guaio a graveful by letting him handle rhe SeA Games game and if we do qualify for OQT tournament
          If I were the SBP I'd just let go of Guiao right after the WC and pick someone(Tab) to lead us all the way to 2023. A reboot ala Gilas 1.0 would be perfect post WC and the lead up to 2023.
          Last edited by Apollo; 06-08-2019, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Do you guys think its safe to send a Thirdy led team to this tournament? 16 teams qualify right?

Comment

Originally posted by Servinio View Post
              2021 FIBA Asia Cup Qualifiers

A - Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, South Korea
              B - Chinese-Taipei, Japan, Malaysia, China
              C - Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Guam
              D - Bahrain, Lebanon, India, Iraq
              E - Saudi Arabia, Syria, Qatar, Iran
              F - Jordan, Kazakhstan, Sri Lanka, Palestine

http://servssports.wordpress.com
              i wonder about how they will handle every games in this group. security might be tested here.

we all know that these countries like to bring their personal and political rift even in an sport event.
              Attack
              defend
              Unite

Comment

Originally posted by blitznutz View Post
                Do you guys think its safe to send a Thirdy led team to this tournament? 16 teams qualify right?
                Youre preventing people to see a classic home and away series with korea... as for the other teams we can send the young guys,pero is it just nov 2019.. if we will have a sea games team might as well the same core for the fiba asia qualifier team

Comment

Originally posted by magic_chiongson View Post
                  It has a bearing such that you have to qualify to the Fiba Asia Cup be the top 16 team in the qualifiers, because the 16 teams will be the one who are going to play for the Home and Away World Cup qualifier like what happened during 2017-2019 Windows...Placing on Fiba Asia Cup will jave a bearing also on the number of teams allocates per region/area. This of course is all moot amd academic for Gilas, as we have a free pass to World Cup 2023 as the host

Comment

It has a bearing such that you have to qualify to the Fiba Asia Cup be the top 16 team in the qualifiers, because the 16 teams will be the one who are going to play for the Home and Away World Cup qualifier like what happened during 2017-2019 Windows...Placing on Fiba Asia Cup will jave a bearing also on the number of teams allocates per region/area. This of course is all moot amd academic for Gilas, as we have a free pass to World Cup 2023 as the host
                    but again we need tofix our rankings so we have a better seeding in the pots unless we do some tactics of other countries where i just select which pot I beling to even though i was already innthe top pot even though i rank 30 notches lower lol

Comment

Originally posted by Servinio View Post
                      2021 FIBA Asia Cup Qualifiers

A - Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, South Korea
                      B - Chinese-Taipei, Japan, Malaysia, China
                      C - Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Guam
                      D - Bahrain, Lebanon, India, Iraq
                      E - Saudi Arabia, Syria, Qatar, Iran
                      F - Jordan, Kazakhstan, Sri Lanka, Palestine

http://servssports.wordpress.com
                      Thats my thoughts also, group E matches will be contentious as Qatar and Saudi has an evolving diplomatic dispute regarding porputedly cuddling and fundinh of Qatar of terrorist.. I wont be surprised if games between two teams will be on neutral zone...

Comment

Thats my thoughts also, group E matches will be contentious as Qatar and Saudi has an evolving diplomatic dispute regarding porputedly cuddling and fundinh of Qatar of terrorist.. I wont be surprised if games between two teams will be on neutral zone...
                        iran too as well as syria. fiba does not want to see flying molotovs inside the court.
                        Attack
                        defend
                        Unite

Comment

Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                          i wonder about how they will handle every games in this group. security might be tested here.

we all know that these countries like to bring their personal and political rift even in an sport event.
                          they can always play them in a neutral country or venue

Comment

The China v Chinese Taipei match up looks pretty juicy too. Recent history shows they've only gone against each other on neutral soil(EABA,Asian Games,FIBA Asia). Their group could have rivaled Group E if they had Hong Kong in it

Comment

I’m always happy when we face Asean countries for some reason

Comment

^Same. I have high hopes for Indonesia though its gonna look really really bad for them if they don't qualify for the Asian Cup. Its not out of the realm of possibility of FIBA stripping them of hosting rights if they don't end up being competitive in the qualifiers.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information