Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
    The FIBA calendar is open for all to see, the ball is now in the PBA's court to adjust its season accordingly. First order of business should be to revert to two-conference format to allow players ample time to rest and to give the NT more prep time.
    In short, PBA has to "sacrifice".

Does PBA people understand what the word "sacrifice" means? I think there are only 3 words PBA people know - money, money & money
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post

Does PBA people understand what the word "sacrifice" means? I think there are only 3 words PBA people know - money, money & money
      nba has 82 games per team in a season plus playoffs but has a good 4 month offseason. tapos itong pba? haha. i think they should compressed their game sched. instead of 4 gamedays, make it 5 gamedays a week. sarurday should always be a double-header.
      Attack
      defend
      Unite

Comment

The FIBA calendar is open for all to see, the ball is now in the PBA's court to adjust its season accordingly. First order of business should be to revert to two-conference format to allow players ample time to rest and to give the NT more prep time.
        PBA can continue the 3 conference yearly format if they want, just change the one conference into NBA G-league format, the top 3 performing player's of each team will be prohibited to play in that conference and will replace by cadets, in this format, our national team have enough preparation time, the cadets will get a PBA level of training and exposure without affecting the game schedule of the league

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
          nba has 82 games per team in a season plus playoffs but has a good 4 month offseason. tapos itong pba? haha. i think they should compressed their game sched. instead of 4 gamedays, make it 5 gamedays a week. sarurday should always be a double-header.
          Great point.

Compressing the games would be the best option here. Problem is that, profit-wise, its not a good option becoz a 4 or 5-game-day per week format would be too hectic a format for most PBA followers. Nakasanayan na kasi ng mga tao ang 3-game-day per week format & the PBA isn't that willing to change it. Mahirap na kasing baguhin ang nakasanayan na. Any significant change or tweak in the league may reduced the league's income. And there's nothing more important for the PBA than money. So why make changes/tweaks?
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
            But at what cost? They have back-to-back-to-back games & players have to sleep in planes for the whole season
            “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
            -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

But at what cost? They have back-to-back-to-back games & players have to sleep in planes for the whole season
              Something that PBA players won't have to endure

Comment

What's the maximum No. of games that a PBA team can possibly play in one season? Say a San Miguel Beer team who always makes it to the finals in every conference.

Around 80 games, right? 80 games in 10 months (duration of PBA season). So that's 1 game in 3.75 days. Compare that with the 82 regular season games of every NBA team (as ja.he had pointed out), in which NBA regular season runs by about 6 months. So that's 1 game in 2 days.

Imagine the big disparity in terms of the frequency of games. And the PBA team that I took as a sample is among the most successful or winningest team in the PBA. Plain & simple, in the PBA, the strongest/winningest teams get to play more games. Imagine the frequency of average PBA teams like Magnolia, Phoenix, or Meralco. It might be 1 game in 5 days. That's a huge disparity.

I think what ja.he is trying to point out in his post is the big disparity in frequency of games between NBA & PBA teams.

Comment

• It would also be a good move for the other members of the cadets to join the Mighty Sports team for the Dubai tournament.

Comment

It would also be a good move for the other members of the cadets to join the Mighty Sports team for the Dubai tournament.
                    Kai + PBA special draftees + supposedly SEAG Collegiate Pool
                    Imports:NP candidates:Kuoame, plus whoever is available between Austin, Mc Collough and Brownless

Comment

It would also be a good move for the other members of the cadets to join the Mighty Sports team for the Dubai tournament.
                      lets hope for this. i hope charles tiu mentioned this with tab when they last met.
                      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                        Why not Terrence Jones? He's still available as of now.. mccollugh, brownlee are not available in that time so good gamble taking Jones.. or maybe andray blatche...
                        oh? all along i thought he is back in the NBA.
                        The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Great point.

Compressing the games would be the best option here. Problem is that, profit-wise, its not a good option becoz a 4 or 5-game-day per week format would be too hectic a format for most PBA followers. Nakasanayan na kasi ng mga tao ang 3-game-day per week format & the PBA isn't that willing to change it. Mahirap na kasing baguhin ang nakasanayan na. Any significant change or tweak in the league may reduced the league's income. And there's nothing more important for the PBA than money. So why make changes/tweaks?
                          Actually this can help with the imports with monthly contracts. Compressing the conference into three months max. This is a good idea. The 11-game elimination lasts more than two months. About 5 games/month. You're paying imports to practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                            He was not signed by the rockets and as of now eh no clubs he has right now so definitely if I were mighty sports eh take this guy now...
                            No ABL team took him? He would dominate that league.

Comment

• Originally posted by el scorcho View Post
                              Actually this can help with the imports with monthly contracts. Compressing the conference into three months max. This is a good idea. The 11-game elimination lasts more than two months. About 5 games/month. You're paying imports to practice.
                              most leagues divide their season with elimination/regular season and playoffs/post-season.
                              Attack
                              defend
                              Unite

Comment

pba is sbp and vice versa , reality bites lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information