F - Jordan, Kazakhstan, Sri Lanka, Palestine

http://servssports.wordpress.com

Pardon on my ignorance, but this a qualifier for? Thanks on who will answer

Quote Originally Posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    Pardon on my ignorance, but this a qualifier for? Thanks on who will answer
    asia cup. the old fiba asia championship

Quote Originally Posted by tootch View Post
    Group A: Pilipinas, Korea, Indonesia and Thailand
    After the World Cup irregardless of result, SBP should be in reboot mode in preparation for the 2023 World Cup.The team competing in the Fiba Asia Qualifier should be coached by Tab or by Arespacochaga. Give Guaio a graveful by letting him handle rhe SeA Games game and if we do qualify for OQT tournament.

For the qualifiere let the 2016 Cadets comprise the core of the team plus if available core of 2019World U19 team plus some of the 23x23 Cadets members.

FROM Cadets 2016: Rosario, Belo, Parks, Wright, Pogoy, Ravena, Bolick, Perez
    WORLD Cup 2019: Sotto, Edu, Tamayo, Ildefonso,
    Panopio
    CADETS 23x23: Go, Tolentino A. , Paras, Tuffin, Ravena, Rivero, JGDL, Ramos, Martin
    Additional Cadets: Baltazar

Come November, Edu, Sotto, Martin are jot available due to NCAA or foreign commitment. If the naturalization of Kuoame or Brownlee is not reasy by November, we can have Blatche still as the NP or we can choose among cS, Tautuaa or Rosser, the ABL player as our ineligible NP.

I won't count out Guam this early. They have two legit big men in Wesley and Washington, and if the Galloway kid out of UC Irvine joins them, their frontline would be as big as NZ and definitely taller than HK's. And I wouldn't sleep on Earnest Ross. That guy could score from almost anywhere. Their weakest link, though, would be their PGs.
    Keep running, big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    asian games
    Forgot about that game. Or I erased it from my memory because it was so horrible. SoKor had Kardo but we didn't have Dray (but had JC, CS, Pringle).

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    Forgot about that game. Or I erased it from my memory because it was so horrible. SoKor had Kardo but we didn't have Dray (but had JC, CS, Pringle).
    And we didn’t have out suspended players

Quote Originally Posted by kerouac82 View Post
    I won't count out Guam this early. They have two legit big men in Wesley and Washington, and if the Galloway kid out of UC Irvine joins them, their frontline would be as big as NZ and definitely taller than HK's. And I wouldn't sleep on Earnest Ross. That guy could score from almost anywhere. Their weakest link, though, would be their PGs.
    Exciting times as we can have tuneups with Guam and New Zealand in the round up to the qualifiers... This 2 teams having a tuneup with Gilas can be easily arranged thru Analyzed for NZ and Guam thru our Gilipino connections...

Actually it isn't that super weak
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Husslein
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Actually it isn't that super weak
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Husslein
    Husslein hasn't played for Guam since 2015. Their PG rotation in the pre-qualifiers consisted of a trio of guards below six feet. I'm waiting for Michael Sakazaki, a 6'5" wing with D-II experience, to show his stuff in the games.
    Keep running, big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    asia cup. the old fiba asia championship
    which is not a qualifier for the Olympics or world cup anymore right? In which case this tournament would pretty much be like the Asian games

Husslein hasn't played for Guam since 2015. Their PG rotation in the pre-qualifiers consisted of a trio of guards below six feet. I'm waiting for Michael Sakazaki, a 6'5" wing with D-II experience, to show his stuff in the games.
    The guy was like kiefer and parks, started playing with the nt at young age although in lower level comp. it would be beneficial for them to join the asean league if they dont have issue hosting games

Quote Originally Posted by magic_chiongson View Post
    which is not a qualifier for the Olympics or world cup anymore right? In which case this tournament would pretty much be like the Asian games
    But they put ranking points, theres a reason why we are in pot 1 on this fiba draw because of our solid performances the prev years and it will come a very very big factor of we want that olympic slot

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    The team competing in the Fiba Asia Qualifier should be coached by Tab or by Arespacochaga. Give Guaio a graveful by letting him handle rhe SeA Games game and if we do qualify for OQT tournament
    If I were the SBP I'd just let go of Guiao right after the WC and pick someone(Tab) to lead us all the way to 2023. A reboot ala Gilas 1.0 would be perfect post WC and the lead up to 2023.
    Last edited by Apollo; 06-08-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Do you guys think its safe to send a Thirdy led team to this tournament? 16 teams qualify right?

Quote Originally Posted by Servinio View Post
    2021 FIBA Asia Cup Qualifiers

A - Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, South Korea
    B - Chinese-Taipei, Japan, Malaysia, China
    C - Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Guam
    D - Bahrain, Lebanon, India, Iraq
    E - Saudi Arabia, Syria, Qatar, Iran

i wonder about how they will handle every games in this group. security might be tested here.

we all know that these countries like to bring their personal and political rift even in an sport event.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by blitznutz View Post
    Do you guys think its safe to send a Thirdy led team to this tournament? 16 teams qualify right?
    Youre preventing people to see a classic home and away series with korea... as for the other teams we can send the young guys,pero is it just nov 2019.. if we will have a sea games team might as well the same core for the fiba asia qualifier team

Quote Originally Posted by magic_chiongson View Post
    It has a bearing such that you have to qualify to the Fiba Asia Cup be the top 16 team in the qualifiers, because the 16 teams will be the one who are going to play for the Home and Away World Cup qualifier like what happened during 2017-2019 Windows...Placing on Fiba Asia Cup will jave a bearing also on the number of teams allocates per region/area. This of course is all moot amd academic for Gilas, as we have a free pass to World Cup 2023 as the host

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    It has a bearing such that you have to qualify to the Fiba Asia Cup be the top 16 team in the qualifiers, because the 16 teams will be the one who are going to play for the Home and Away World Cup qualifier like what happened during 2017-2019 Windows...Placing on Fiba Asia Cup will jave a bearing also on the number of teams allocates per region/area. This of course is all moot amd academic for Gilas, as we have a free pass to World Cup 2023 as the host
    but again we need tofix our rankings so we have a better seeding in the pots unless we do some tactics of other countries where i just select which pot I beling to even though i was already innthe top pot even though i rank 30 notches lower lol

Quote Originally Posted by Servinio View Post
    2021 FIBA Asia Cup Qualifiers

A - Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, South Korea
    B - Chinese-Taipei, Japan, Malaysia, China
    C - Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Guam
    D - Bahrain, Lebanon, India, Iraq
    E - Saudi Arabia, Syria, Qatar, Iran

Thats my thoughts also, group E matches will be contentious as Qatar and Saudi has an evolving diplomatic dispute regarding porputedly cuddling and fundinh of Qatar of terrorist.. I wont be surprised if games between two teams will be on neutral zone...

Page 2 of 165 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast