Page 168 of 176 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 3504

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Park Jr. is good offesively now and at par with Gabe on defense just based on his ABL stint. Toooo bad he doesn't want to play for Gilas. That BS about the contract is a non issue. Ayaw lang talaga nito. Can't blame him, he did not come from a rich family and had to put his family on his shoulders after Sr died.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    yes actually. well minus the antics im sure he learned his lesson and the kids wouldnt want to be banned by the pba. but his drive to don the national colors and his motor and his hardwork on the court can be a good inspiration for these young kids.
    if you watch videos of Abueva playing in some Ligang Labas, he still gets into a scuffle with someone from the opposing team either on the court or the bench.
    “When we are saying this cannot be accomplished, this cannot be done, then we are short-changing ourselves. My brain, it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I have to sit there and face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure,’ I think that is worse, that is almost worse than death.”

- Kobe Bryant

Rest in Peace Mamba..

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Because Tyler Lamb is a world class player. Even against Team Gilas with MVP Fajardo and the best defensive player in PBA Chris Ross, he still scored 33 points.
    That Gilas SEA games squad barely did any scouting on the opposing team neither did the players usually players like Ross would watch films of the opposing team's best player to study but during the SEA games our Gilas team was just on stroll, no urgency.

There were also some instances in the 3rd qtr. of that Gilas vs. Thailand game were Ross guarded Lamb and was able to stole the ball from him I think ones or twice it happened
    “When we are saying this cannot be accomplished, this cannot be done, then we are short-changing ourselves. My brain, it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I have to sit there and face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure,’ I think that is worse, that is almost worse than death.”

- Kobe Bryant

Rest in Peace Mamba..

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    That Gilas SEA games squad barely did any scouting on the opposing team neither did the players usually players like Ross would watch films of the opposing team's best player to study but during the SEA games our Gilas team was just on stroll, no urgency.

There were also some instances in the 3rd qtr. of that Gilas vs. Thailand game were Ross guarded Lamb and was able to stole the ball from him I think ones or twice it happened
    It was Ross then Wright. But c'mon, credit where credit is due. Lamb is a hell of a player. He's also a weakness for Thailand because they need a legit naturalized big man 6'10" and up. I think Ananti's game is also suffering due to lack of pt.

Quote Originally Posted by allmight View Post
    Park Jr. is good offesively now and at par with Gabe on defense just based on his ABL stint. Toooo bad he doesn't want to play for Gilas. That BS about the contract is a non issue. Ayaw lang talaga nito. Can't blame him, he did not come from a rich family and had to put his family on his shoulders after Sr died.
    Defensively, I think Norwood is better, though not that much. Offensively, Parks is obviously better.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

It was Ross then Wright. But c'mon, credit where credit is due. Lamb is a hell of a player. He's also a weakness for Thailand because they need a legit naturalized big man 6'10" and up. I think Ananti's game is also suffering due to lack of pt.
    Ananti can only dribble right. loves to shoot but low IQ . Flopping is his defense. Tyler will pull up 80% of the time, tunnel vision and will pass on emergency.,impulsive in fouling. Jaisanuk is 3pt shot and nothing else. Jakrawan is raymond almazan but with less outside shot and can dribble drive mostly to his strong side. Muangboon can shoot 3 mostly on top of the key , always drives left so he can finish with his strong hand, not a take charge PG and set up teammates mostly from team plays.Their Coach Daleo is an in your face coach, doesnt mince words, loves promoting himself. Will change tactics on the fly but eventually confusing his players.
    DO or DO NOT there is no TRY... yoda

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict View Post
    Ananti can only dribble right. loves to shoot but low IQ . Flopping is his defense. Tyler will pull up 80% of the time, tunnel vision and will pass on emergency.,impulsive in fouling. Jaisanuk is 3pt shot and nothing else. Jakrawan is raymond almazan but with less outside shot and can dribble drive mostly to his strong side. Muangboon can shoot 3 mostly on top of the key , always drives left so he can finish with his strong hand, not a take charge PG and set up teammates mostly from team plays.Their Coach Daleo is an in your face coach, doesnt mince words, loves promoting himself. Will change tactics on the fly but eventually confusing his players.
    Scouting report for Alex Compton.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    More of a world.class chucker? Stanley pringle is a world class player mikey williams is...jason brickman.. doent mean he shoota threes on high volumes means he is better than ray parks or kobe paras..
    Tyler Lamb is better than all of the guys you just said. Only filam I think that is on par with his skillset is Mikh Mckinney.

I like Paras but he's not on the same level as lamb right now. And how could Ray Parks be better than Lamb? When he can't even dominate Newsome and BONG QUINTO last semis?

I'm likening this Thailand team to the golden generation of Chinese Taipei.

Jakrawan/ Chantachon/ Klahan = Tseng/ Tien/ Wu (big men)
    Ananti = Cheng (athletic wing)
    Lamb = Lin (go to guy)
    Muangboon = "kutong lupa PG" (sorry forgot his name)

Both teams are considered darkhorses. I also believe that this current Thai team will suffer the same fate of the OG Chinese Taipei team once the vets retire.

Quote Originally Posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    Tyler Lamb is better than all of the guys you just said. Only filam I think that is on par with his skillset is Mikh Mckinney.

I like Paras but he's not on the same level as lamb right now. And how could Ray Parks be better than Lamb? When he can't even dominate Newsome and BONG QUINTO last semis?
    I respectfully disagree bro. I think Pringle is at par with him, remember his stint with the Indonesia Warriors of the ABL?

The best gauge is to let Lamb play in the PBA. I bet he'll play differently. Like oldies here say, the PBA is an entirely different animal. The likes of Abueva, Pogoy, Ross, to name a few, will drain the life away from him, and eventually play just like Pringle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomar09 View Post
    I respectfully disagree bro. I think Pringle is at par with him, remember his stint with the Indonesia Warriors of the ABL?

The best gauge is to let Lamb play in the PBA. I bet he'll play differently. Like oldies here say, the PBA is an entirely different animal. The likes of Abueva, Pogoy, Ross, to name a few, will drain the life away from him, and eventually play just like Pringle.
    I see your point, but at the time mahina pa ang players ng ABL non. Unlike now, Lamb can go head to head to legit imports that plays high level as well. I'm not a fan of Lamb, that's just what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyz View Post
    How has Parks Jr.'s "game regress so much"? wasnt he averaging 20/5/5 last year? Ray Parks for me is the perfect replacement for Gabe Norwood in terms of being a tall guard (hopefully defensively too soon lol). But me thinks he will never play for the NT again. After being the best local player in exhibition and tune up games during the 2016 OQT. He was used as a defensive stopper and benched at points. Then being put back down to the cadets lol
    Parks regressed in scoring for his new team TNT due to a new role, shooting volume and coaching scheme. He hasn't been a good fit and that is a bit of a flag as its a preview for his play in the NT. TNT is the MVP/ Gilas group which has a lot of the NT personnel and players. So far no chemistry which is troubling.

Its still early but so far he only looks comfortable in a team where he is the main guy rather than an ensemble. Hopefully its not a Terrence Romeo situation again.

Quote Originally Posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    I see your point, but at the time mahina pa ang players ng ABL non. Unlike now, Lamb can go head to head to legit imports that plays high level as well. I'm not a fan of Lamb, that's just what I see.
    Typer Lamb belongs to class of 2010 and was ranked 38th best high school players in the US in his class. A dip in his performance in his senior year in Long Beach State affected his draft stock in NBA..

Quote Originally Posted by Jomar09 View Post
    I'm likening this Thailand team to the golden generation of Chinese Taipei.

Jakrawan/ Chantachon/ Klahan = Tseng/ Tien/ Wu (big men)
    Ananti = Cheng (athletic wing)
    Lamb = Lin (go to guy)
    Muangboon = "kutong lupa PG" (sorry forgot his name)

Both teams are considered darkhorses. I also believe that this current Thai team will suffer the same fate of the OG Chinese Taipei team once the vets retire.
    Nah.. once Indonesia gets prosper and jawato then they are finish.. Thailand still need a big man rather than scoring naturalized guard.. Indonesia knows how to guard him.. they face him so many times.. so definitely he will be the mark man on Indonesian side.. while I don't know if Thailand have an answer for prosper, once he gets his green light to play...

Quote Originally Posted by anon9000 View Post
    Parks regressed in scoring for his new team TNT due to a new role, shooting volume and coaching scheme. He hasn't been a good fit and that is a bit of a flag as its a preview for his play in the NT. TNT is the MVP/ Gilas group which has a lot of the NT personnel and players. So far no chemistry which is troubling.

Its still early but so far he only looks comfortable in a team where he is the main guy rather than an ensemble. Hopefully its not a Terrence Romeo situation again.
    I hope tnt will trade him to bolick.. bolick is more suit in the system of tnt...he can be the answer for Castro's heir apparent in tnt's next franchise player..

So veselin matic is the head coach of india. That makes sense why bahrain barely india and india beat iraq in a lopsided passion.

I think they heading into the right direction.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Nah.. once Indonesia gets prosper and jawato then they are finish.. Thailand still need a big man rather than scoring naturalized guard.. Indonesia knows how to guard him.. they face him so many times.. so definitely he will be the mark man on Indonesian side.. while I don't know if Thailand have an answer for prosper, once he gets his green light to play...
    Yeah that's interesting. I'm rooting for the Indons rather than the Thais. I find the Thais arrogant.

Scouting report for Alex Compton.
    Its nothing to what they already know. Coach Sandy is a great scout. The talented UP team had a hard time scoring because their individual tendencies are known by ADMU.

Did you just merge Coach Sandy and great in one sentence? Haha.

Kidding aside. Coach alex and coach rg I think are better scouts.

Coach Sandy lost my trust when he wasted the most talented batang gilas with 3 nba prospects in Kai, Edu, and maybe panopio

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Did you just merge Coach Sandy and great in one sentence? Haha.

Kidding aside. Coach alex and coach rg I think are better scouts.

Coach Sandy lost my trust when he wasted the most talented batang gilas with 3 nba prospects in Kai, Edu, and maybe panopio
    Lost your trust? Wow just wow lmao

Page 168 of 176 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170 ... LastLast