Page 127 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 3526

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
    The Sottos. He's married to one.

That said, I do hope the PBA will enforce the "if you won't enter the draft, you'll get banned rule" and it backfires on them by depriving them of great talents like the young guys we see on the roster right now. Imagine Thirdy and JGDL playing in other leagues, untethered by the PBA's long and punishing season and free to play in various FIBA windows and tournaments.

Also, there is definitely a shortage of big men right now, but the future does look bright with a good number of young prospects currently outside the league.
    The Philippines in a nutshell. Everything seems to be ad hoc. Even the basketball program.

https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/t...PXWT4K69qO9tOA

So Depth chart at SF is Thirdy, Dwight, Mocon and SG is Pogoy, CJ, Bulanadi
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by Yameetee View Post
    I'm just glad Gilas and Guam are not in the same group lol
    Ayos nga yan, entertaining basketball...Seaba should be revived and get guam as guest member, looks like this talented guamanian players need high level competition. Look at galloway, wesley ross and washington and even jericho cruz, high level players lacking of competition..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

NZ is playing Guam in guam this Sunday, tonight is Aus vs NZ in Brisbane
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    NZ is playing Guam in guam this Sunday, tonight is Aus vs NZ in Brisbane
    Sayang for Guam because they can get their first win vs Hong Kong today but safety first..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Ayos nga yan, entertaining basketball...Seaba should be revived and get guam as guest member, looks like this talented guamanian players need high level competition. Look at galloway, wesley ross and washington and even jericho cruz, high level players lacking of competition..
    guam should be move permanently in seaba.. so that it won’t be gilas and friends..

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    C-Erram 201cm
    C-Go 199cm
    F-Rosario 198cm
    F-Tratter 196cm
    F-Ramos 196cm
    F/C-Chua 194cm
    F/G-Thirdy 190cm
    G/F-Perez 187cm
    G/F-Pogoy 186cm
    G-Juan GDL 185cm
    G-Nieto 183cm
    G-Kiefer. 178cm
    If we follow measuring their height with shoes or their listed height, then it will be:

Erram 204cm(6'8 1/2)
    Go 202cm(6'7 1/2)
    Troy 201cm (6'7)
    Tratter 199cm (6'6 1/2)
    Chua 197cm (6'5 1/2)
    Ramos 196cm (6'5)
    Thirdy 190cm (6'3)
    Perez 188cm (6'2)
    Pogoy 188cm (6'2)
    Juan GDL 188cm (6'2)
    Nieto 185cm (6'1)
    Kiefer 180cm (5'11)

Using this, it is safe to say that we are not a short team.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Malaysia's 12 man team has already been released:

https://www.facebook.com/20992482569...bstory_index=0

If we follow measuring their height with shoes or their listed height, then it will be:

Erram 204cm(6'8 1/2)
    Go 202cm(6'7 1/2)
    Troy 201cm (6'7)
    Tratter 199cm (6'6 1/2)
    Chua 197cm (6'5 1/2)
    Ramos 196cm (6'5)
    Thirdy 190cm (6'3)
    Perez 188cm (6'2)
    Pogoy 188cm (6'2)
    Juan GDL 188cm (6'2)
    Nieto 185cm (6'1)
    Kiefer 180cm (5'11)

Using this, it is safe to say that we are not a short team.
    While our centers are not the tallest we've had compared to previous Gilas teams, our Forwards and guards are just as big if not bigger than pervious versions.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    While our centers are not the tallest we've had compared to previous Gilas teams, our Forwards and guards are just as big if not bigger than pervious versions.
    That's what i like with tab - always looking for versatility. 2015 and 2016 gilas teams will attest to that.
    Last edited by ja.he; 02-20-2020 at 01:25 AM.

Will be interesting to see how good a defensive team this version of Gilas will be

A 5 of Kiefer, thirdy, Dwight , Troy and Erram will be able to switch all over the place.. add a good defensive system ... they can really be good defensivlly

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    Would bolick be healthy by then kaya? If so, i expect him to replace matt or jgdl.
    I expect Bolick to be back playing for his PBA team by that time, but I don't expect Bolick to be really 100% top playing form by that time. I bet Bolick would still be on his way to getting to his old deadly form by November.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

C-Erram 201cm
    C-Go 199cm
    F-Rosario 198cm
    F-Tratter 196cm
    F-Ramos 196cm
    F/C-Chua 194cm
    F/G-Thirdy 190cm
    G/F-Perez 187cm
    G/F-Pogoy 186cm
    G-Juan GDL 185cm
    G-Nieto 183cm
    G-Kiefer. 178cm
    So Dwight Ramos is legit 6-foot-5, while Go is a fraction of an inch below 6-foot-7?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by Yameetee View Post
    Chua's potential is limited.

Tratter is good as a smallball 4, maybe 5. Nobody in Indonesia has his strength.

Go was unstoppable vs Indonesia even with a naturalized player. What more now
    The thing that impressed me most about Tratter is his athleticism. Tratter is among the most athletic if not the most athletic player in the team right now. Skill-wise, I'm not that impressed with Tratter. I think among the bigs, Rosario & Erram are ahead of him in skills.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    So Dwight Ramos is legit 6-foot-5, while Go is a fraction of an inch below 6-foot-7?
    Yes, go was measured in the draft combine at 6'6 1/2 (199cm).

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    Now that the final 12 has been announced, do they have any tune-up games planned tomorrow at least?
    Yeah, the team needs a tune-up game for the Indonesia game on Sunday. Alab had a game yesterday & their next game is Sunday. Gilas can arrange a tune-up game vs. Alab tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict View Post
    In a tab coached team all answers to your question is EVERYBODY!
    Everybody should rotate-defend-shoot-rebound-pass. The team is not dependent on a single player. Which makes them unpredictable and effective.
    They should be on the same level of energy and IQ. laziness and complacency is totally out of the table.
    The team's foundation is built on that philosophy . unlike the previous gilas that built on who's the best available talent available to10 practices.
    Sadly, Tab Baldwin will never be "liked" and the SMC conglomerate will always get the best players. Do we see a fallacy in this?

Ok noted. Also, good to know CJ Perez is around 6-foot-2 & 1GDL 6-foot-1

Quote Originally Posted by RV65 View Post
    Sadly, Tab Baldwin will never be "liked" and the SMC conglomerate will always get the best players. Do we see a fallacy in this?
    That long haired sports director(former BCAP President his friends) are the biggest torn in Philippine basketball progress.

They might be just protecting our local coaches from being out of a job but they are hindering our progress in basketball.
    “When we are saying this cannot be accomplished, this cannot be done, then we are short-changing ourselves. My brain, it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I have to sit there and face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure,’ I think that is worse, that is almost worse than death.”

- Kobe Bryant

Rest in Peace Mamba..

So he is about 6'8" with shoes, like one here said they do play the game with shoes.
    “When we are saying this cannot be accomplished, this cannot be done, then we are short-changing ourselves. My brain, it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I have to sit there and face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure,’ I think that is worse, that is almost worse than death.”

- Kobe Bryant

Rest in Peace Mamba..

Page 127 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast