Page 117 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 3526

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    nauna pa japan in their naturalized pool while sbp is still in the plan stage
    Because their federation have gov't support.. dito eh halos mag 2 years na ang naturalization papers ni brownlee eh waley parin..

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Yup.

I've had some glimpse of that Saudi 6-foot-11 big guy. Still a bit raw but impressive for a 21-year old.
    He dominate sani sakakini of Palestine when they face off in pre qualifiers.. sani sakakini is top 5 best forwards in Asian basketball right now .

Guam Governor and its state wants the Guam vs Hong Kong to be scrap due to corona virus.. It's too much racist on the part of Guam state.. But i can't blame them.. but look at Australia, they not scrap the game vs Hong Kong..

https://www.kuam.com/story/41709347/...asketball-team

Even Indonesia wants to scrap their home game also vs Korea and Philippines...

https://www.suara.com/sport/2020/02/...keputusan-fiba
    Last edited by robert0326; 02-17-2020 at 06:28 PM.

To all reading this forum.. Do you think that game involving Hong Kong and other countries affected by corona virus should be scrap/postpone also? What do you think @analyzed? You are NZL based right? If your team is facing Hong Kong.. Do you think it's better to be scrap or move it to another date?

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    To all reading this forum.. Do you think that game involving Hong Kong and other countries affected by corona virus should be scrap/postpone also? What do you think @analyzed? You are NZL based right? If your team is facing Hong Kong.. Do you think it's better to be scrap or move it to another date?
    I'm actually involved with providing mitigation and guidliness to repond to the issue.. so i do know the issues...

To answer question, one needs to reasonably asses what action will actually be effective in minimizing the spread.. So there 2 things in regards to HK, one is playing in HK (which is a no brainer - can't do that) the other is hosting and playing their full team delegation.. (so that's like 20 people) , the question then is can the 20 people screened first off shore within that 14 day period... to see if they don't carry the virus.. then secondly after screening they need to be quaranteened and not go back in the interim to locations that are at risk (HK) , only thru that can u have a reasonable mitigation steps to meaninfully reduce the risk..

Now to the Philippines playing Thailand soon (next 14 days) , if Thailand's team get's screened when they play Korea in Korea this Thursday, and don't go back to Thailand and fly straight to Manila (after all members are cleared) then it is wihin reasoanble risk to play them in Manila like in Feb 26. ( next week) , note the Philippine govt has the right however not to have spectators gather.. so close door if it's identified that is the risk being avoided (large crowd gathering) , point is u need to identifying what risk you're avoiding , it isn't a simple case of ban blanket everyone from HK or Thailand..
    Last edited by analyzed; 02-17-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Because their federation have gov't support.. dito eh halos mag 2 years na ang naturalization papers ni brownlee eh waley parin..
    need money envelopes to politicians to move fast.. did chualay gave one? Nope.. not even MVP.. and look how fast we naturalized blatche with money envelopes.. less than a year..

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    I'm actually involved with providing mitigation and guidliness to repond to the issue.. so i do know the issues...

To answer question, one needs to reasonably asses what action will actually be effective in minimizing the spread.. So there 2 things in regards to HK, one is playing in HK (which is a no brainer - can't do that) the other is hosting and playing their full team delegation.. (so that's like 20 people) , the question then is can the 20 people screened first off shore within that 14 day period... to see if they don't carry the virus.. then secondly after screening they need to be quaranteened and not go back in the interim to locations that are at risk (HK) , only thru that can u have a reasonable mitigation steps to meaninfully reduce the risk..

Now to the Philippines playing Thailand soon (next 14 days) , if Thailand's team get's screened when they play Korea in Korea this Thursday, and don't go back to Thailand and fly straight to Manila (after all members are cleared) then it is wihin reasoanble risk to play them in Manila like in Feb 26. ( next week) , note the Philippine govt has the right however not to have spectators gather.. so close door if it's identified that is the risk being avoided (large crowd gathering) , point is u need to identifying what risk you're avoiding , it isn't a simple case of ban blanket everyone from HK or Thailand..
    Good Point!! Some countries are now worrying about this scenario, That's why i don't think the main reason Indonesia wants to postpone the qualifiers because Prosper is not yet naturalized.. Guam state gov't also wants to cancel the game vs Hong Kong because their population is very little and the risk of having virus in their area will affect their economic and tourism in their island.. FIBA should act before the game day.. much better that they move the dates of infected countries / states of COVID-19, and do the process on being 14 days quarantine before the game day.. Safety first!!

NZ might actually have a good chance of winning this game.. (Aus) https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basket...st-aussie-guam
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

NZ might actually have a good chance of winning this game.. (Aus) https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basket...st-aussie-guam
    I also see them winning but not by much though. My take is in my previous post (TB will win over Boomers by 10).
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

what's the current score between the 2 teams in fiba competition?

what's the current score between the 2 teams in fiba competition?
    I don't know of hand, but my guest is NZ has just won around 15 % of the senior games, I can only recal 2 in the last 10 yrs or so.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Finally some clarity as it looks like the Indonesia game will push through according to Charles Tiu.

i think he is talking about that developmental exemption than the age limit , kouame have a very good chance really.
    But the case of those Bosnian-Qataris is that they are automatically eligible as locals having acquired Qatari citizenship prior to their 16th b-day, so no need of getting any "exemption" to the rule - something that Kouame needs to get to play as a local for the Phi team.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict View Post
    Every country has its own citizenship laws so FIBA made their own rule. They dont really care if the players are from Mars as long they obtain a passport before 16.
    Very correct. As I've said, FIBA makes no regard about bloodline/descent/heritage for as long as the player is issued a passport or have obtained citizenship of the country he wants to represent prior to his 16th birthday, he is considered as a local player.

You're correct, if a Marsian boy or somebody from planet Pluto acquires Qatari citizenship prior to his 16th b-day (I heard Marsians celebrate birthdays once in every 10 years ), then that alien kid is considered a local Qatari player by FIBA.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Finally some clarity as it looks like the Indonesia game will push through according to Charles Tiu.
    That's good.

I also hope this Indonesia game will push thru..I'm excited to see our young guns played and this exposure will surely be a good experience for them moving forward.

Off topic..

Our Baseball officials are quietly doing his homework away from the usual limelight, aside from being a basketball fan, I'm always been a baseball fan since I was a kid, even though I don't considered myself the hardcore guy or knows all the technical know-how of this Diamond game, what fascinated me is how the game plays, the same feeling I had while watching men's volleyball and football(men/women)..I can't explain it by words but I'm proud of this sports. They are now recruiting some of the best local talents available(stadout from UAAP and NCAAA) to shore up the line-up and some promising prospects from the US and Japan, putting Tim Tebow in the line-up will surely put some media/marketing attention on this team even though the dude was ain't the best batter out there but Tim Tebow is Tim Tebow, I hope moving forward they could also convince Timothy Leroy Lincecum to play for us.

Magno, 21, was born in Dublin, Ohio and was Detroit’s 15th round draft pick last year. His parents are Manny Magno and Liz Allen. He’s now pitching for the New York-Penn minor league Norwich Sea Unicorns, the Tigers’ Class A short season affiliate. Magno is among 10 US-based players nominated for the Philippines 28-man roster for the qualifiers. The others are pitcher J. R. Bunda, catcher Brady Conlan, outfielder Riley Conlan, outfielder Chase D’Arnaud, outfielder Andre Mercurio, pitcher Devon Ramirez, pitcher Peter Reyes, first baseman Mario Songco and outfielder Tim Tebow.
    https://www.philstar.com/sports/2020...rld-qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
    I also hope this Indonesia game will push thru..I'm excited to see our young guns played and this exposure will surely be a good experience for them moving forward.
    Watch the Ateneo vs Indo game Jones Cup. Indo played with an import and Ateneo with Kuome. But this was before Tororman, I believe. Indonesia is better now, but I think Gilas is also better now.

Isaac Go was perfect from beyond the arc and they can't stop Thirdy once he got going.
    Last edited by allmight; 02-18-2020 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Very correct. As I've said, FIBA makes no regard about bloodline/descent/heritage for as long as the player is issued a passport or have obtained citizenship of the country he wants to represent prior to his 16th birthday, he is considered as a local player.

You're correct, if a Marsian boy or somebody from planet Pluto acquires Qatari citizenship prior to his 16th b-day (I heard Marsians celebrate birthdays once in every 10 years ), then that alien kid is considered a local Qatari player by FIBA.
    A Martian would celebrate his birthday every 687 days, which is the length of the Martian year.

ABL also postponed the games were Hong Kong and Macau will play..the Game last Sunday between Alab and Macau in Sta. Rosa was rescheduled on March

Page 117 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast