Page 513 of 583 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523563 ... LastLast
Results 10,241 to 10,260 of 11648

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by elleroch View Post
    Korea's new 24-man pool for the 3rd window of the 2021 Asia Cup Qualifiers...
    https://t.co/mSuJqdwp5g?amp=1
    Hyungjung Lee is a scoring machine, he's averaging double digit scoring with Davidson in the US NCAA right now (yes that Davidson) and he was the leading scorer and assists maker of the FIBA U18 tournament - he averaged 26 pts, 10 rebs and 6 assts, great stats for a 6'7 guard forward. the only knock on his game is that he's a volume shooter so his shooting FG% during the FIBA U18 was around 45% though he has improved his FG% at Davidson as he's shooting 51.9% from the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Any idea who will host the group A games?

My money is on Qatar, Bahrain, or UAE.
    Hope that Jeddah also step up.. They hosting numerous of 3x3 tournaments during pandemic even w/ fans.. Here also low cases of virus per day.. I doubt on Dubai because they already have new set of new virus.. Even we get that from Dubai..

As expected this Korean team looks scary and formidable on paper..and more often than not it carries over in the actual games. But I'll still standby my prediction...we lose the first game by single digits...but we eeek out a win in the second encounter also by single digit win.

Quote Originally Posted by geohunk View Post
    As expected this Korean team looks scary and formidable on paper..and more often than not it carries over in the actual games. But I'll still standby my prediction...we lose the first game by single digits...but we eeek out a win in the second encounter also by single digit win.

iF Gilas lose double digits in the first game,its gonna be an emotional letdown on the second game,it will look like Gilas vs Sea Games team.

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Hope that Jeddah also step up.. They hosting numerous of 3x3 tournaments during pandemic even w/ fans.. Here also low cases of virus per day.. I doubt on Dubai because they already have new set of new virus.. Even we get that from Dubai..
    Or maybe Abu Dhabi. I hope Qatar though as I’m based there.
    ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Japan will not cancel this.. Baka bubble Olympics will be held.. No audience at all.. All of 10 year preparation of Japan to held this Olympics will be dust if they will agree to cancel this... Lots of money Japan will be lost and even their economy will be on danger if they will cancel this..
    They want to host in 2032 din kasi, mean they want full profit, so they will get less in a bubble olympics.. but sports builds strength and hope hope they push it... Somehow b league go on and the olympics the biggest sport specstacle of them all cannot?
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Or maybe Abu Dhabi. I hope Qatar though as I’m based there.
    Naunahan na tayo ng Group B eh.. Hope that 1 or 2 week after this FIBA will announce the new host for our Group.. Philippines is a top online drawer for them.. They will not miss this opportunity.. I only see Jeddah is the only option because aside of few active cases today eh they already host some 3x3 tournaments...

https://www.al-madina.com/article/71...D9%84%D8%A9-33

Quote Originally Posted by elleroch View Post
    Korea's new 24-man pool for the 3rd window of the 2021 Asia Cup Qualifiers...
    https://t.co/mSuJqdwp5g?amp=1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoy Martin View Post
    Hyungjung Lee is a scoring machine, he's averaging double digit scoring with Davidson in the US NCAA right now (yes that Davidson) and he was the leading scorer and assists maker of the FIBA U18 tournament - he averaged 26 pts, 10 rebs and 6 assts, great stats for a 6'7 guard forward. the only knock on his game is that he's a volume shooter so his shooting FG% during the FIBA U18 was around 45% though he has improved his FG% at Davidson as he's shooting 51.9% from the floor.
    The Koreans are really taking this age old rivalry to their heart no wonder they added/beef-up up some A-listers on their pool hence they really wants to widen the head to head match-up against us and for me that's a good thing because there aim is to always school us on how to play FIBA basketball on that level..on a typical basketball fan point of view this upcoming showdown will a dandy of a ballgame not to mention our game against the Indons, we all know how dead serious they are to notch that very first W against us in an official FIBA sanctioned tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
    The Koreans are really taking this age old rivalry to their heart no wonder they added/beef-up up some A-listers on their pool hence they really wants to widen the head to head match-up against us and for me that's a good thing because there aim is to always school us on how to play FIBA basketball on that level..on a typical basketball fan point of view this upcoming showdown will a dandy of a ballgame not to mention our game against the Indons, we all know how dead serious they are to notch that very first W against us in an official FIBA sanctioned tournament.
    Meanwhile in the Philippines’ side; no Japeth(bagong kasal), no Ray Parks jr.(galing injury), no June Mar(galing injury), no naturalized player( nasa senado pa ang bill), no Abueva( ???), no Wright and Hermoso( vacation mode?)..

I think they expand the pool because they will play 4 games in 5 days.. atleast they will rotate all their players every game.. they needed that..

Well as the saying goes "Calm seas don't make good sailors". Our young cadets need this kind of a challenge this early. Better to make them learn their bitter lessons this early.

Its no use sailing at calm seas all the time. Its no use winning against Thailand, Malaysia or an Indonesia team without Prosper & Jawato while not able take on Korea, China, Iran, Japan, Lebanon, Jordan, etc.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Well as the saying goes "Calm seas don't make good sailors". Our young cadets need this kind of a challenge this early. Better to make them learn their bitter lessons this early.

Its no use sailing at calm seas all the time. Its no use winning against Thailand, Malaysia or an Indonesia team without Prosper & Jawato while not able take on Korea, China, Iran, Japan, Lebanon, Jordan, etc.
    Very true. This is a good gauge to see what type of players we got.

Pardon my ignorance but is there an outside shot that Koaume makes the next window? I mean if in case the bubble gets delayed, is there still a chance?

Qatar will host our group games..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Qatar will host our group games..
    Yay!

Hope I can see them live but I doubt it as cases have risen again.
    ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Yay!

Hope I can see them live but I doubt it as cases have risen again.
    Stay safe..

So it will continue on Qatar.

Hope Gilas can sweep all games.

I am 100% sure We will beat Indonesia.

Korea is 50-50. It all depends on Kai.

As I said Korean's weakness is a Dominant Big from Yao Ming era to Hadaddi Era, and hopefully extends to Kai's era

How about the bracket of Australia, New Zealand, Guam and Hong Kong? No updates from this group even in forming their national teams.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    How about the bracket of Australia, New Zealand, Guam and Hong Kong? No updates from this group even in forming their national teams.
    no updates from them.. no pool of players yet..

Page 513 of 583 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523563 ... LastLast