Page 527 of 628 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527528529537577627 ... LastLast
Results 10,521 to 10,540 of 12547

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

I was watching games from FIBA Melanesia and Polynesia Cups. It kinda interesting watching what are the Melanesians and Polynesians' take on basketball. Based on the number of participants, I was wondering why no one from the Oceania zone has not pressing the idea of reviving FIBA-Oceania.

IMO, there are sufficient of number teams that can play in that tournament. Melanesia has Fiji, PNG, Solomon Islands and New Caledonia while Polynesia has Tonga, Samoa, American Samoa, Tahita and Cook Islands. Micronesia has Guam while Australasia has Australia and New Zealand. Well, other countries like Vanuatu and East Timor might join as well.

That's 12 teams. I think that in the near future, FIBA should explore the idea of separating Asia and Oceania again with the growing number of Oceania countries participating in FIBA-sanctioned tournaments.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Sure just stop talking as if you are being wronged when in fact you're a victim of your own wrong doing
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Sure just stop talking as if you are being wronged when in fact you're a victim of your own wrong doing
    I don't need to regret. , I intentionally chose to make those steps, and happy I did, and will happily continue to
    It's a compliment that people are concerned and have taken notice of my behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    I don't need to regret. , I intentionally chose to make those steps, and happy I did, and will happily continue to
    It's a compliment that people are concerned and have taken notice of my behaviour
    Obviously, you're not the kind who'll own up. And you can keep pretending that you didn't get caught lying, anyway that's how it has been ever since^^. Cheers wla namang nasira dahil matagal ng sira
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

I'm kinda excited for the team. After the special Gilas draft, we'll have a full-time and readily available Gilas team for future tournaments.

C ANGELO KOUAME 6'10
    C KENMARK CARINO 6'9
    C TROY RIKE 6'8 (?)
    C/F JUSTINE BALTAZAR 6'8
    C/F ISAAC GO 6'7
    F KOBE PARAS 6'6
    F WILLIAM NAVARRO JR. 6'6
    F LEONARD SANTILLAN 6'5 (?)
    F CALVIN OFTANA 6'5
    G/F DWIGHT RAMOS 6'4
    G/F JAVI GOMEZ DE LIANO 6'4
    G ALLYN BULANADI 6'3
    G REY SUERTE 6'2
    G/F MIKE NIETO 6'1
    G JUAN GOMEZ DE LIANO 6'1
    G MATT NIETO 5'11

I hope SBP will be active in joining competitive tournaments. A 12-man line-up from this team, with Kai and AJ, for the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup will suffice for development purposes.

I'm not appealling for anything, no apologies and no concern on my part if I'm labelled anything for using 2 accounts. If some consider that lying or inappropriate behavior, I'm fine with it.

You're all free to continue citing how bad the behaviour is.
    What the hell happened to you Analyzed???

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    I was watching games from FIBA Melanesia and Polynesia Cups. It kinda interesting watching what are the Melanesians and Polynesians' take on basketball. Based on the number of participants, I was wondering why no one from the Oceania zone has not pressing the idea of reviving FIBA-Oceania.

IMO, there are sufficient of number teams that can play in that tournament. Melanesia has Fiji, PNG, Solomon Islands and New Caledonia while Polynesia has Tonga, Samoa, American Samoa, Tahita and Cook Islands. Micronesia has Guam while Australasia has Australia and New Zealand. Well, other countries like Vanuatu and East Timor might join as well.

That's 12 teams. I think that in the near future, FIBA should explore the idea of separating Asia and Oceania again with the growing number of Oceania countries participating in FIBA-sanctioned tournaments.
    They were not good enough.. In FIFA qualifiers, No one from Oceania group were qualify for the WC.. Even Australia leave Oceania zone to join Asia zone.. Although good suggestion.. maybe they should do just like Pre-Qualifiers for the other Oceania teams then top 5 teams will join Guam, Australia and New Zealand to the main qualifiers..
    Last edited by robert0326; 02-05-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomar09 View Post
    I'm kinda excited for the team. After the special Gilas draft, we'll have a full-time and readily available Gilas team for future tournaments.

C ANGELO KOUAME 6'10
    C KENMARK CARINO 6'9
    C TROY RIKE 6'8 (?)
    C/F JUSTINE BALTAZAR 6'8
    C/F ISAAC GO 6'7
    F KOBE PARAS 6'6
    F WILLIAM NAVARRO JR. 6'6
    F LEONARD SANTILLAN 6'5 (?)
    F CALVIN OFTANA 6'5
    G/F DWIGHT RAMOS 6'4
    G/F JAVI GOMEZ DE LIANO 6'4
    G ALLYN BULANADI 6'3
    G REY SUERTE 6'2
    G/F MIKE NIETO 6'1
    G JUAN GOMEZ DE LIANO 6'1
    G MATT NIETO 5'11

I hope SBP will be active in joining competitive tournaments. A 12-man line-up from this team, with Kai and AJ, for the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup will suffice for development purposes.
    I hope this team should play as guest team in the PBA.. rather than PBA gilas cadets will play for their mother teams because it will stop their development under coach Tab.. They will learn bad habits in the PBA in thei respective mother teams.. especially those players will play for farm teams (Dyip and BW).. Much better play them as guest team.. I don't care if they will lose all games.. As long as they built chemistry on and off the court..

Definition of duplicity
    1: contradictory doubleness of thought, speech, or action
    the simplicity and openness of their lives brought out for him the duplicity that lay at the bottom of ours
    — Mary Austin
    especially : the belying of one's true intentions by deceptive words or action
    2: the quality or state of being double or twofold
    3law : the technically incorrect use of two or more distinct items (such as claims, charges, or defenses) in a single legal action

Synonyms
    artifice, cheating, cozenage, craft, craftiness, crookedness, crookery, cunning, cunningness, deceit, deceitfulness, deception, deceptiveness, dishonesty, dissembling, dissimulation, double-dealing, dupery, fakery, foxiness, fraud, guile, guilefulness, wiliness

Now, try to spin that!

Reference: Merriam-Webster Dictionary

If kouame’s naturalization will make it in time, ill go with this 12-man lineup

Sotto
    Kouame
    Chua
    Balti
    Rosario

Ramos
    Oftana
    Javi
    Pogoy

Perez
    Kief
    1GDL

If kouame will be out, id probably go with either matt (someone very familiar with the system) or with dave I (for development). Either way, this lineup is looking solid.

Quote Originally Posted by carmelo7 View Post
    What the hell happened to you Analyzed???
    I basically switched changed accounts for security reasons, was using mostly Admiral for almost all of January, transition was inconsistent as I logged in old account a few times, eventually will try to settle with sticking to one. So that's all out in the open now.

I had hoped to keep my identity anonymous as many here are.
    Last edited by DAdmiral; 02-05-2021 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lurklurk View Post
    If kouame’s naturalization will make it in time, ill go with this 12-man lineup

Sotto
    Kouame
    Chua
    Balti
    Rosario

Ramos
    Oftana
    Javi
    Pogoy

Perez
    Kief
    1GDL

If kouame will be out, id probably go with either matt (someone very familiar with the system) or with dave I (for development). Either way, this lineup is looking solid.
    Probably right, with Dave and Matt added that makes 13 pool, add 2 to 3 additional reserves (Go & Suerte?) makes the 15 to 16 man pool, with everyone being in roster for 1 of the 3 games

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Lun View Post
    I think FIBA would definitely consider Australia and New Zealand as wildcards in the World Cup Qualifiers .FIBA doesn't want blow outs in competition and considering Australia is a top team in the world and the unprecedented situation that we are in they might get a pass again
    The alternative of Cruz and Guam being the sole Oceania representative of Oceania in both the World Cup and Olympics in lieu of Simmons and Boomers is just not happening. FIBA will make sure if finds a way

FIBA announce that Group C games will be held in separate cities.. 2 game series between Guam and Hong Kong will be played in Bahrain.. While Australia vs NZL game will be held in one city in Australia.. Which is good move.. I don't know what will happened to the other games involving Guam/HK vs Aus/NZL.. But for sure both games will be important for their chances to get the spot for Main tournament proper..

http://www.fiba.basketball/asiacup/2...021-qualifiers

https://nz.basketball/tall-blacks-to...ers-on-20-feb/

1 game confirmed Feb 20, NZ in Australia

This will be the only game with spectators! Just like regular NBL games
    Last edited by DAdmiral; 02-05-2021 at 08:34 PM.

The alternative of Cruz and Guam being the sole Oceania representative of Oceania in both the World Cup and Olympics in lieu of Simmons and Boomers is just not happening. FIBA will make sure if finds a way
    They already did.. The one game between Australia vs NZL will played one city in Australia.. While Guam vs HK to be play in Bahrain.. I have a question.. Does citizens from HK and Guam is also banned to travel to Australia or NZL? because these two states/countries have only low case of Covid? Maybe if allowed then the remaining games will be held there in Australia, could be after the NBL games..

Everyone is not allowed with a few exceptions (Australian open), but everyone except from NZ, need to 14 day quarantine.
    Even citizens, which means if you cannot get the limited quaranteen spots you cannot enter

If the vacine proves to protect against transmission (not just getting sick) before August.

The yeah maybe around August the remaining games of group C games can be played without guarantine

Besides the Olympics needs to figure out the same thing as well. How will teams participate without quarantine.

IOC has said get a vacine

So will see

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Why are you even surprised? In the other thread, we even saw analyzed replying to admiral perez it must be the lockdown, isolation from the world err social distancing and, maybe, the lack of oxygen going to the brain caused by prolonged wearing of masks^^
    nyahahahahahaa

Then let Australia host the remaining games of their group before August. Let NZL, Guam and Hong Kong follow the strict protocol of Australia then let other countries watch their games para everybody happy. Haha
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Page 527 of 628 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527528529537577627 ... LastLast