Page 14 of 80 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Exactly my thought... Choosy pa tayo eh, wala ngang players... Not sure if SMC will release JF, and Japs... CS, a player of Northpoet is a defacto SMC team also... Would it not be better to have a pool of Shaw, Almazan, Erram, Troy, Go, Baltazar if release by DLSu, a SMC team also than merely a pool of Almazan and Erram who are injury prone and may tupak, Troy and Go and maybe Baltazar... Meaning we are so oean at the frontline nezt year without the SMC guys and Baltazar... What is anyone of Almazan, Erram, Troy gets injures, sino tatawagan nio si Belga?
    I won't bank on that.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    and you have no trust to some players i mentioned? that's short term goal your talking about by including him until next year without giving exposure to much needed ones..

and thai will either use morgan or tyler lamb for NP..
    Sino ang eexpose natin si Go, Baltazar who is jot sure to be released by DLSU.. Sila lang ang quality bigs at present sa Amateurs... Almazan/Troy/Erram would do but what if somebody gets injured..

Now who said that Thai federation has to choose only between Lamb and Morgan, with their ABL team and Imports in TBL, what wouod curtail Thailand from naturalizing one of their big Centers....

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    we here at IBN don't have the benefit of thinking long-term for the SBP. Only the actual honchos can do that. That limitation aside, Shaw will be 39 by 2023 and might be out of consideration by then. nobody here is clamoring to put Shaw in the final lineup. the point is that he might available for the February Asia Cup qualifiers, which are basically just 2 months away, so he should be made part of the player pool.
    Exactly my thought... Choosy pa tayo eh, wala ngang players... Not sure if SMC will release JF, and Japs... CS, a player of Northpoet is a defacto SMC team also... Would it not be better to have a pool of Shaw, Almazan, Erram, Troy, Go, Baltazar if release by DLSu, a SMC team also than merely a pool of Almazan and Erram who are injury prone and may tupak, Troy and Go and maybe Baltazar... Meaning we are so oean at the frontline nezt year without the SMC guys and Baltazar... What is anyone of Almazan, Erram, Troy gets injures, sino tatawagan nio si Belga?
    start preparing early. that defeats the long term plan.. give exposure as early as possible for the young players..

that says alot from some of you.. lack of long term thinking. only short ones.. and some of you are too worried about it.. you have no confidence to some players and even suggest to include a 34 year old rookie kahit until next year lang. that says a lot

Sino ang eexpose natin si Go, Baltazar who is jot sure to be released by DLSU.. Sila lang ang quality bigs at present sa Amateurs... Almazan/Troy/Erram would do but what if somebody gets injured..

Now who said that Thai federation has to choose only between Lamb and Morgan, with their ABL team and Imports in TBL, what wouod curtail Thailand from naturalizing one of their big Centers....
    and do thailand have history of tapping american player as NP? most of their NP are CS cases who are ineligible in fiba's rule..

again that says alot. give them exposure. till when we give them exposure? 25? 26? when they're hinog na?

Its all wait and see at this point... Lets wait the plan of SBP first and foremost, if they will go Development mode, meaning go young or Win now mode, meaning go with vets and Young Once.. LETS wait also how Shaw will perform in the Phil Cup, my guess is he will at least average 15 point, 10 reb in the Phil Cup with the lack of Bigs at Blackwater, he will get the touches and minutes... If Belga is a max player in the PBA, how much more for a former import and two way sport player... I wont be surprised if Almazan, ERRAM and Rosario gets injured in their matchup as their body wont stand against a 6-9 260 football linebacker...
    The worst thing that SBP can do with the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup qualifiers is if aims for winnability alone while making player development take a backseat. This is exactly what SBP & our beloved PBA did with our campaign in the SEA Games.

Enough with the "win now" mentality. Player development should also be a priority.

Our FIBA Asia Cup qualifier roster must have 3 or 4 "cadet" players in every game.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

start preparing early. that defeats the long term plan.. give exposure as early as possible for the young players..

that says alot from some of you.. lack of long term thinking. only short ones.. and some of you are too worried about it.. you have no confidence to some players and even suggest to include a 34 year old rookie kahit until next year lang. that says a lot
    What start early are you talking about... 2018-2019 season is still on going and end in 2020... Hahahha What a joke... Then 2019- 2020 season will start in January, pano ka makastart early as the Philippine Cup will start also in January... Now example no PBA players and we go younh, sino players natin Go and Baltazar, Ambohot, MUYANG, Carino, not exactly the guys to defend Prosper...

What start early are you talking about... 2018-2019 season is still on going and end in 2020... Hahahha What a joke... Then 2019- 2020 season will start in January, pano ka makastart early as the Philippine Cup will start also in January... Now example no PBA players and we go younh, sino players natin Go and Baltazar, Ambohot, MUYANG, Carino, not exactly the guys to defend Prosper...
    after the world cup should be the start.. i can live with those young guys and expose them early.. they will learn thru experience.. and some of you worried too much on prosper.

we have this ka-IBN whose sig is: "don't look to far ahead for you might stumble upon something right in front of you". You're painting an inaccurate picture of a zero-sum game between young and old players... nothing is stopping us from mixing the old and the new, playing Shaw and Go and Balti together. These points have been made in our previous posts which obviously you've been too busy to read. We're just open to the possibility of taking anyone who can contribute right away, as opposed to penciling in players who may not even be available at all. And if you think we're just fanboying over some random 6'8 baller, you have to remember that we only have 4 players above 6'8 in the senior team (Greg, JF, CS, and Japeth) ... We're not throwing away long-term planning, we're just combining it with short-term tactics. You can't think of the day after tomorrow if you die tomorrow.

as for SMC and DLSU releasing their players, have you learned nothing from the past 5 years? If you think they'll change, then, I admire your optimism. I hope SMC and DLSU do release their players, especially Junemar, Marcio, C-Stan, and Balti. That will obviate the need for us to call up the oldies you hate so much
    Last edited by mangangalakal; 12-11-2019 at 06:30 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

after the world cup should be the start.. i can live with those young guys and expose them early.. they will learn thru experience.. and some of you worried too much on prosper.
    who says PERBASI will go with Prosper? Nothing's stopping them from replacing him.
    -Margaret Mead

who says PERBASI will go with Prosper? Nothing's stopping them from replacing him.
    well some do conclude prosper as NP for indons

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    The worst thing that SBP can do with the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup qualifiers is if aims for winnability alone while making player development take a backseat. This is exactly what SBP & our beloved PBA did with our campaign in the SEA Games.

Enough with the "win now" mentality. Player development should also be a priority.

Our FIBA Asia Cup qualifier roster must have 3 or 4 "cadet" players in every game.
    If were up to me, i would include for Feb window, the Special drafts(Mike Nieto as Practice player only), the supposedly SEA Games College pool Of Baltazar, Thirdy, Paras,Dave JGDL(Kai if available, Rivero as practice player) then add MVP guys Almazan, Erram, Parks and Ravena as reinforcement and veteran presence... For good measures CS if he can be get loaned from NP.. If niot that only the time na papasok si Shaw if eligible....

Who said na we want old guys a pool of CS, Almazan, Erram, Go, Baltazar, Paras, Thirdy,Dave JGDL, Ravena, Matt, Bulanadi, Suerte plus Troy, Parks and Kiefer.... CGURO Shaw as practice player just i. Case Balti and CS wont be released or in anynof Erram, Almazan, Go and Yroy gets injured...

we have this ka-IBN whose sig is: "don't look to far ahead for you might stumble upon something right in front of you". You're painting an inaccurate picture of a zero-sum game between young and old players... nothing is stopping us from mixing the old and the new, playing Shaw and Go and Balti together. These points have been made in our previous posts which obviously you've been too busy to read. We're just open to the possibility of taking anyone who can contribute right away, as opposed to penciling in players who may not even be available at all. We're not throwing away long-term planning, we're just combining it with short-term tactics. You can't think of the day after tomorrow if you die tomorrow.

as for SMC and DLSU releasing their players, have you learned nothing from the past 5 years? If you think they'll change, then, I admire your optimism. I hope SMC and DLSU do release their players, especially Junemar, Marcio, C-Stan, and Balti. That will obviate the need for us to call up the oldies you hate so much.
    i know the history of smc.. they already lend last year to this year.. and i'm confident they will continue to do so..

and shaw is not your type player you can say "veteran leadership" just because he's 34.. he's a virgin in fiba ball and i won't count on him being a leader..

if you read my post i conclude JF as he can still play until 2023. the guys that i mentioned can be good guide for the young ones.. those are already experience guys playing fiba ball..

Of course we worry about Prosper as he made JF looked like Abnoy last Commish Cups...

in planning for the Feb window, the first I thing i want to know is.. are we really taking the Asia Cup seriously? Or will we just use it as practice for 2023. Second thing I want to know is the level of PBA involvement with the NT. Because if PBA won;t release their players, then it's time to call up the college stars. If PBA will release players, we can basically carry on with the SEA Games team minus the SMC players.
    -Margaret Mead

well some do conclude prosper as NP for indons
    they can always replace him. if true toroman is out. then highly likely the next program director will surely decide. if toroman is indeed out then highly likely prosper naturalization will not prosper at all.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

i know the history of smc.. they already lend last year to this year.. and i'm confident they will continue to do so..

and shaw is not your type player you can say "veteran leadership" just because he's 34.. he's a virgin in fiba ball and i won't count on him being a leader..

if you read my post i conclude JF as he can still play until 2023. the guys that i mentioned can be good guide for the young ones.. those are already experience guys playing fiba ball..
    There might be no need for JF in 2023 as Kai, Edu are vets enough from Fiba games(they can play in 2021Fiba Asia Cup and Asian Games) or NBA if they make it... Then maybe Kuome if we go big plus Go,Baltazar and Carino veta already in Fiba games after being on loan to Gilas after being drafted in PBA Special Draft...

There might be no need for JF in 2023 as Kai, Edu are vets enough from Fiba games(they can play in 2021Fiba Asia Cup and Asian Games) or NBA if they make it... Then maybe Kuome if we go big plus Go,Baltazar and Carino veta already in Fiba games after being on loan to Gilas after being drafted in PBA Special Draft...
    Junemar will be 34 by 2023. He will be too old by then. putting him in the 2023 lineup will betray our lack of long-term planning for 2027
    -Margaret Mead

im ok with JMF with the 2023 guys specially as warm body for practice. heck i think might be better to have him as bench player as well in that team.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

and do thailand have history of tapping american player as NP? most of their NP are CS cases who are ineligible in fiba's rule..

again that says alot. give them exposure. till when we give them exposure? 25? 26? when they're hinog na?
    Overripe na ang mga yun at that age

Typical of Philippine basketball. We start exposing our players in international basketball at the age of 25 to 28 years old. At those ages, the players of other asian countries like China, Iran, Korea, Japan, etc., are already veteran players in international competitions.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Overripe na ang mga yun at that age

Typical of Philippine basketball. We start exposing our players in international basketball at the age of 25 to 28 years old. At those ages, the players of other asian countries like China, Iran, Korea, Japan, etc., are already veteran players in international competitions.
    the age of exposure for our kids is a product of our basketball system.. if we want to change that we have to change the system
    -Margaret Mead

Page 14 of 80 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast