Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    My problem with Almazan and Erram is their erratic mindset. They have the tools, but are easily affected by the turn of events in games. Same can be said of Rosario in terms of giving up fouls. They'd be enough against ID and TH but definitely not against Korea with Ra Guna and those sweet shooting bigs of theirs.
    aware of that, i think the november and february 2021 windows should have atleast a month of prep (max period realistically the pba and sbp could give) to beat korea. troy, erram and almazan and cs are decent in terms of mobility to defend korean pick and roll.

but tbh, i miss rdo and ping in gilas uniform. too bad they are old and no one in this current pool of bigs come close to their toughness inside the court.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    aware of that, i think the november and february 2021 windows should have atleast a month of prep (max period realistically the pba and sbp could give) to beat korea. troy, erram and almazan and cs are decent in terms of mobility to defend korean pick and roll.

but tbh, i miss rdo and ping in gilas uniform. too bad they are old and no one in this current pool of bigs come close to their toughness inside the court.
    The best thing about RDO and Ping is not their physical toughness but their mental toughness. They never let miscues, bad calls, or missed shots affect their play.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    JF, CS, troy, erram, almazan and Go will do.. why put the oldie rookie ones and we haven’t see them play yet.. besides they’re old.. no need to include them.. di porket fil am and tall eh we should include them?
    I couldn't agree with U more.

I say the goal for the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup qualifiers should be finding the right balance between winnability & player development. The Gilas roster for that qualifier should be a mix of Gilas veterans & young players like Kai Sotto, Kobe Paras, Thirdy, Go
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post

I liked RDO very much. For me he is the kind of player that our current Gilas team missed the most.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Being qualified in the draft is considered he has already passport.. that is one of requirements before entering the draft.. so definitely he has already passport.. we can use him as test at Dubai cup with gilas cadets next month.. if sbp have it's sights joining Dubai cup.. I think blackwater will approve of that..
    no chance , sbp will not tryout anyone with his height alone. let him play first in the pba lol

My problem with Almazan and Erram is their erratic mindset. They have the tools, but are easily affected by the turn of events in games. Same can be said of Rosario in terms of giving up fouls. They'd be enough against ID and TH but definitely not against Korea with Ra Guna and those sweet shooting bigs of theirs.
    Almazans length is a bit lacking internationally. Erram is longer but a bit brittle though and at times his motor is low.

Honestly prefer as less people in the previous gilas iterations as possible, troy rr and keif and thats pretty much it, theres junemar as well but hes going to be on the decline by then and he was never been good for int comp anyway, not a huge loss with guys like aj and kai lurking

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    no chance , sbp will not tryout anyone with his height alone. let him play first in the pba lol
    Yeah.. that is also my thinking.. but if blackwater will helping hand to borrow him then why not? With some of the players I think that will surely declined due to fatigue reason eh we should have atleast back up.. I don't see junmar will play in the 1st window.. definitely he will take advantage of that long off season of the PBA (the next season will be on March 1), he was playing non stop from 2016 - 2019 in gilas and PBA.. he deserves to take rest.. meanwhile japeth.. he said that he will retire for the national team this year.. maybe this seagames will be his last stint as a national team player.. troy also I think will decline due to fatigue and also playing non stop basketball in the past 3 years, while almazan is nursing an injury, we don't know if he will play in their semis match up, so definitely he can also pass this 1st window to take rest and heal his injury.. so the only available big man is cstand (naturalized player), erram, Isaac go (cadets) and slaughter.. I don't know also if slaughter wants to play again under other coaches aside Tim cone.. so our pool of bigs in 1st window will be on danger.. we hope that junmar and japeth will still play but they have rights to choose not to join.. Maurice shaw is not type of guy that we think can be dominant.. but he will help our team in depth of big man position..we can also choose belga if you want.. that's why if sbp and blackwater will agree to lend shaw even only in this 1st window is already a welcome development..how about Santi santillan? He can be also option.. 3x3 tournaments are not always there and joining gilas program is best thing he will do..

https://youtu.be/yDFau6JiLvk

He tryout on some NFL teams.. and he is definitely fast and strong athlete..even this is already 4 years ago.. that is advantage of being a 2 way sports player.. Wala Naman mawawala if we try on him atleast in the 1st window only.. he will be a good back up of cstand.. but tignan muna natin if what sbp is thinking about right now.. but sbp and this new batch of gilas team should join the Dubai tournament.. they will have good experience playing in this good pocket tournaments..

https://youtu.be/yDFau6JiLvk

He tryout on some NFL teams.. and he is definitely fast and strong athlete..even this is already 4 years ago.. that is advantage of being a 2 way sports player.. Wala Naman mawawala if we try on him atleast in the 1st window only.. he will be a good back up of cstand.. but tignan muna natin if what sbp is thinking about right now.. but sbp and this new batch of gilas team should join the Dubai tournament.. they will have good experience playing in this good pocket tournaments..
    Meron bro, and that is that he will only take away the spot of either a Gilas veteran or a young player like a Kai Sotto or Isaac Go.

Shaw taking the spot of a Gilas veteran big man would only disrupt the built-in chemistry of the Gilas team, while Shaw taking the spot of a young big man will not sit well with the advocacy of enlisting young talents in the National team for young player development.

Yeah.. that is also my thinking.. but if blackwater will helping hand to borrow him then why not? With some of the players I think that will surely declined due to fatigue reason eh we should have atleast back up.. I don't see junmar will play in the 1st window.. definitely he will take advantage of that long off season of the PBA (the next season will be on March 1), he was playing non stop from 2016 - 2019 in gilas and PBA.. he deserves to take rest.. meanwhile japeth.. he said that he will retire for the national team this year.. maybe this seagames will be his last stint as a national team player.. troy also I think will decline due to fatigue and also playing non stop basketball in the past 3 years, while almazan is nursing an injury, we don't know if he will play in their semis match up, so definitely he can also pass this 1st window to take rest and heal his injury.. so the only available big man is cstand (naturalized player), erram, Isaac go (cadets) and slaughter.. I don't know also if slaughter wants to play again under other coaches aside Tim cone.. so our pool of bigs in 1st window will be on danger.. we hope that junmar and japeth will still play but they have rights to choose not to join.. Maurice shaw is not type of guy that we think can be dominant.. but he will help our team in depth of big man position..we can also choose belga if you want.. that's why if sbp and blackwater will agree to lend shaw even only in this 1st window is already a welcome development..how about Santi santillan? He can be also option.. 3x3 tournaments are not always there and joining gilas program is best thing he will do..
    34 year old prospect.. again i may sound a broken record, i prefer a younger players than a 34 YEAR OLD rookie.. if he's that good, chot, tab and CYG would've use him as early as 2012. JF has a month and a half to rest and the next window is around late february.. again CS, JF, troy, almazan, erram, Go, Baltazar will do.. not a 34 YEAR OLD rookie..

sure pang february lang that's short term goal without thinking of long term.. can we use a 34 year old on 2023 world cup? nope.. at least the guys i mentioned can be use until 2021-2022..

Slaughter will definitely play for other Coach, with how Tim is using him at BGK basically playing backup minutes to Japhet and played only 2 minutes in the championshios inspite of the Blowout, i wont be surprise if he ask for a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Meron bro, and that is that he will only take away the spot of either a Gilas veteran or a young player like a Kai Sotto or Isaac Go.

Shaw taking the spot of a Gilas veteran big man would only disrupt the built-in chemistry of the Gilas team, while Shaw taking the spot of a young big man will not sit well with the advocacy of enlisting young talents in the National team for young player development.
    Its all wait and see at this point... Lets wait the plan of SBP first and foremost, if they will go Development mode, meaning go young or Win now mode, meaning go with vets and Young Once.. LETS wait also how Shaw will perform in the Phil Cup, my guess is he will at least average 15 point, 10 reb in the Phil Cup with the lack of Bigs at Blackwater, he will get the touches and minutes... If Belga is a max player in the PBA, how much more for a former import and two way sport player... I wont be surprised if Almazan, ERRAM and Rosario gets injured in their matchup as their body wont stand against a 6-9 260 football linebacker...

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Its all wait and see at this point... Lets wait the plan of SBP first and foremost, if they will go Development mode, meaning go young or Win now mode, meaning go with vets and Young Once.. LETS wait also how Shaw will perform in the Phil Cup, my guess is he will at least average 15 point, 10 reb in the Phil Cup with the lack of Bigs at Blackwater, he will get the touches and minutes... If Belga is a max player in the PBA, how much more for a former import and two way sport player... I wont be surprised if Almazan, ERRAM and Rosario gets injured in their matchup as their body wont stand against a 6-9 260 football linebacker...
    short term over long term.. 34 year old prospect.. well oh well.. classic case of expecting too much porket shaw is a fil-am and tall.. you're taking away a slot for a guy like go, baltazar.. instead a 34 year old. i would understand if he's 24 but no. he's 34 YEARS OLD.. i dunno what some forumers are thinking that 34 year old guy is part of the future plans.. we have enough bigs naman that i said in previous posts and some players like Go..

again short term thinking without thinking long term. ok i'll go as far as include geo chiu in the pool. now that's long term over short term that includes a 34 years old.. i would never ever consider a 34 year old rookie for my long term plans..

short term over long term.. 34 year old prospect.. well oh well.. classic case of expecting too much porket shaw is a fil-am and tall.. you're taking away a slot for a guy like go, baltazar.. instead a 34 year old. i would understand if he's 24 but no. he's 34 YEARS OLD.. i dunno what some forumers are thinking that 34 year old guy is part of the future plans.. we have enough bigs naman that i said in previous posts and some players like Go..

again short term thinking without thinking long term. ok i'll go as far as include geo chiu in the pool. now that's long term over short term that includes a 34 years old.. i would never ever consider a 34 year old rookie for my long term plans..
    Who said Shaw will take a slot of Go and Baltazar... Go and Baltazar should be shoo in, but they need veteran presence... Shaw is sort of an insurance if eligible, if all the SMC stars, JF, CS, JA, GS wont be released or again limited practice period.. REMEMBER 2020Season Phil Cup will start on Jan 17 i think and not March as some have mentioned... That leaves only Almazan, Troy and Erram as big man to choose from, if they will be release by their teams also, but being from MVP teams, its easier than with SMC teams.. Are we comfortable with Erram, Almazan, Go,Rosario, Baltazar(questionable) lineup? Shaw wont even be in the conversation if we have good Fiba sized players, pero wala eh, pag hindi na nagpahiram ang SMC wala ng quality bigs...

we here at IBN don't have the benefit of thinking long-term for the SBP. Only the actual honchos can do that. That limitation aside, Shaw will be 39 by 2023 and might be out of consideration by then. nobody here is clamoring to put Shaw in the final lineup. the point is that he might available for the February Asia Cup qualifiers, which are basically just 2 months away, so he should be made part of the player pool.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

He wont be part of future plans.. Probably for 2020 only, to have warm body to guard agaist Prosper or NP of Indonesia, what if Thailand hires a big Naturalized player also ..Would be shame of World Cup 2019,proportion, if we lose to Indons and Thailand and wont even make it out of Fiba Asia Qualifier...

Who said Shaw will take a slot of Go and Baltazar... Go and Baltazar should be shoo in, but they need veteran presence... Shaw is sort of an insurance if eligible, if all the SMC stars, JF, CS, JA, GS wont be released or again limited practice period.. REMEMBER 2020Season Phil Cup will start on Jan 17 i think and not March as some have mentioned... That leaves only Almazan, Troy and Erram as big man to choose from, if they will be release by their teams also, but being from MVP teams, its easier than with SMC teams.. Are we comfortable with Erram, Almazan, Go,Rosario, Baltazar(questionable) lineup? Shaw wont even be in the conversation if we have good Fiba sized players, pero wala eh, pag hindi na nagpahiram ang SMC wala ng quality bigs...
    SMC will lend like this year.. and some of you are too worried about it..

that's basically taking away some slot reserve for go and baltazar by inserting Shaw..

veteran presence? we have enough of them already and shaw is the last person that will talk about "veteran presence" porket he's 34 and knows the rope of fiba ball? he's the last person for that..

people are just blind about a 34 year old ROOKIE and tall and forget everything about long term..

He wont be part of future plans.. Probably for 2020 only, to have warm body to guard agaist Prosper or NP of Indonesia, what if Thailand hires a big Naturalized player also ..Would be shame of World Cup 2019,proportion, if we lose to Indons and Thailand and wont even make it out of Fiba Asia Qualifier...
    and you have no trust to some players i mentioned? that's short term goal your talking about by including him until next year without giving exposure to much needed ones..

and thai will either use morgan or tyler lamb for NP..

we here at IBN don't have the benefit of thinking long-term for the SBP. Only the actual honchos can do that. That limitation aside, Shaw will be 39 by 2023 and might be out of consideration by then. nobody here is clamoring to put Shaw in the final lineup. the point is that he might available for the February Asia Cup qualifiers, which are basically just 2 months away, so he should be made part of the player pool.
    Exactly my thought... Choosy pa tayo eh, wala ngang players... Not sure if SMC will release JF, and Japs... CS, a player of Northpoet is a defacto SMC team also... Would it not be better to have a pool of Shaw, Almazan, Erram, Troy, Go, Baltazar if release by DLSu, a SMC team also than merely a pool of Almazan and Erram who are injury prone and may tupak, Troy and Go and maybe Baltazar... Meaning we are so oean at the frontline nezt year without the SMC guys and Baltazar... What is anyone of Almazan, Erram, Troy gets injures, sino tatawagan nio si Belga?

Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast