Page 762 of 855 FirstFirst ... 262662712752760761762763764772812 ... LastLast
Results 15,221 to 15,240 of 17098

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Honestly, korea has a very consistent and organized NT. Their players get old playing for their team and that is the reason for their great system.

Tayu eventhough we are way talented than them pero we often change our players and coaches. We cant gain traction and most of the time we lack a lot players because of the pba and the greed of each governor.

Our failures is due to us being so divided. Even with casual fans we have the crabs and believers. This truth applies to all aspect of our country.

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    The only problem about Carl is he might be a tweener. Slow for an SF and Small for a PF. If he can improved his laterals and handles, I think he will be better. Hoping also that he can be more quicker.
    I don't think 6-7/6-8 is small or short for a "four" in the US NCAA Div. 1 basketball. That's the average height of power forwards or fours in US college. Its not like most "fours" in US colleges are 6-9 or above. That isn't the case.

Iran's Arsalan Kazime who played college ball in the US NCAA div. 1 is 6-7. Lebanon's Ali Haidar also played in the US NCAA div. 2 is 6-8.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

While the Koreans may have some superiority complex over the Pinoys in basketball I think their naturalized player Ricardo Ratliffe has a different view. Having played in the PBA some years ago, Ratliffe knows that talent wise, Koreans don't enjoy any significant edge over Filipinos. Its only on the "system" aspect where Korean basketball enjoys significant edge over Phi basketball.

But not for long. With Tab Baldwin running the Gilas program, that edge of Korea in the "system" is going to evaporate. And that game last Wednesday is an indication.

Gilas is going to close the gap.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...eSjKX3EGA5TOdM

Will out, Javi in

I will say it again , if the game is close (like Korea) there is a good chance the 11th and 12th man on the roster for the game will NOT play

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post

Will out, Javi in

I will say it again , if the game is close (like Korea) there is a good chance the 11th and 12th man on the roster for the game will NOT play
    Honestly I predict it to not be close. Indonesia doesn't have the talent to keep up. Gilas wins by 30

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post

Will out, Javi in

Good think it will not be close though.

Probably also Kai's breakoit game in Fiba Seniors Vs a Weaker Indonesian Team.

Javi will play later. High Chance.

11th and 12th player maybe will be diff this time

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    better shooters, but in terms of overall skills, I dont think so. The most skilled I saw Koreans produce is probably Oh Seuk Kyun. Give me a Korean that can be an Asian Import in the B.League or NBL and have a decent production?
    Yeah. Oh Se-keun. He's a mix of JDV and RDO. A very very skilled player. I've never watched a close Ph vs Kor game with him playing. No one can defend him. He played in the 2017 FIBA Asia massacre, btw.

Francis Lopez is in the roster for the Indonesia game tonight, right? Then he will be the Gilas player next to Kai whom most pinoy fans are looking forward to watch. Actually, Lopez is bound to be the youngest Pinoy player ever to play in the Phi senior national team in an offcial FIBA game. Looks like he's going to beat out Kai for that honor.

^Jamskie... If PBA still handle the NT then they will said like this.. "Bata kapa, Saka kanalang, Veterans muna"... hahahahahahhaha.. Walanjo!!!

I think much better they should hide Jordan Heading and Javi for this Indonesia game.. They will play but minimal minutes.. Much better we still have another cards to be keep off in able to shock them again.. I think these two and Kai will be the key for Gilas repeat campaign over Korea..

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    While the Koreans may have some superiority complex over the Pinoys in basketball I think their naturalized player Ricardo Ratliffe has a different view. Having played in the PBA some years ago, Ratliffe knows that talent wise, Koreans don't enjoy any significant edge over Filipinos. Its only on the "system" aspect where Korean basketball enjoys significant edge over Phi basketball.

But not for long. With Tab Baldwin running the Gilas program, that edge of Korea in the "system" is going to evaporate. And that game last Wednesday is an indication.

Gilas is going to close the gap.
    In my opinion, this is the foundation for the "new" type of Pinoy basketball. As long as coaches in the PBA and leagues in the country adopt Tab's system, I think we might reach our latent potential as a basketball country.

We just need that one breakthrough and this might be it.

Indonesia’s too small for it to be close, I mean look at our lineup tonight:
    SJ 5’11
    Abbarientos 5’10
    Heading 6’2/6’3 not sure the exact height
    Dwight 6’5
    Javi 6’5
    Lopez 6’6
    Tamayo 6’8
    Balti 6’8
    Go 6’8
    Chiu 6’10
    Kouame 6’11
    Kai 7’3

Quote Originally Posted by Jomar09 View Post
    Yeah. Oh Se-keun. He's a mix of JDV and RDO. A very very skilled player. I've never watched a close Ph vs Kor game with him playing. No one can defend him. He played in the 2017 FIBA Asia massacre, btw.
    I still remeber how Quinito Henson pronounce his name
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
    In my opinion, this is the foundation for the "new" type of Pinoy basketball. As long as coaches in the PBA and leagues in the country adopt Tab's system, I think we might reach our latent potential as a basketball country.

On PBA coaches? Malabo!!! Many of them are BCAP loyalist and Al Chua's pet dog.. Remember that statement before "Kaya ka tinapon sa amateur dahil di ka manalo nalo dito sa PBA".. WTF!!! I don't know why many Ginebra blind fans are still believers of these non sense Al Chua....

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Francis Lopez is in the roster for the Indonesia game tonight, right? Then he will be the Gilas player next to Kai whom most pinoy fans are looking forward to watch. Actually, Lopez is bound to be the youngest Pinoy player ever to play in the Phi senior national team in an offcial FIBA game. Looks like he's going to beat out Kai for that honor.
    And it is even interesting that Kai and Lopez are in the same timeline in Senior Gilas Debut.

This program is really great

One of the few things pandemic helped for National Team Program

Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post

On PBA coaches? Malabo!!! Many of them are BCAP loyalist and Al Chua's pet dog.. Remember that statement before "Kaya ka tinapon sa amateur dahil di ka manalo nalo dito sa PBA".. WTF!!! I don't know why many Ginebra blind fans are still believers of these non sense Al Chua....

If I were Chinese-Taipei, if they play in the best 3rd placers match, they should retain only Abasi and Morrison, add Riven Ma and afterwards, replace Charlie Parker for godsake, Taiwan A-team was beaten by Ateneo under his watch. In this qualifiers, they were massacred by Japan and yesterday by China. Goodness, ang liliit nila.

Will Lamb and Bassey play for Thailand in this bubble?
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    Will Lamb and Bassey play for Thailand in this bubble?
    No, they only field 11 players.

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    If I were Chinese-Taipei, if they play in the best 3rd placers match, they should retain only Abasi and Morrison, add Riven Ma and afterwards, replace Charlie Parker for godsake, Taiwan A-team was beaten by Ateneo under his watch. In this qualifiers, they were massacred by Japan and yesterday by China. Goodness, ang liliit nila.
    Charlie Parker maybe just an interim coach. If you watched the game yesterday, Charlie just sat in the bench looking uninterested. Did not see him giving out quick adjustments during the game.

Page 762 of 855 FirstFirst ... 262662712752760761762763764772812 ... LastLast