Page 720 of 855 FirstFirst ... 220620670710718719720721722730770820 ... LastLast
Results 14,381 to 14,400 of 17098

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

I'm sure talent wasn't factored in 1 bit sir analyzed? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    Anyway the pleasant surprise has been explained, it wasn't about talent, but that Kai was able to retain information and pick up info quickly without the benefit of the prep the 2 other centers got, all credit to Kai
    I mean Kai, has basically gone through essentially basketball school with the gleague ignite, probably similar offensive and defensive sets they had to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    i wont be surprised if we win against korea. they have been practicing sets for korea althroughout much harder than the indo game tbh. same thing happened with gilas against iran last time. its like all day everyday practicing how to beat korea.
    I think Korea's experience will have the edge but the hunger and talent of this team with size will hopefully make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by allmight View Post
    I'm sure talent wasn't factored in 1 bit sir analyzed? Lol.
    LOL, indeed. Sure, talent had nothing to do with it.

Anyway the pleasant surprise has been explained, it wasn't about talent, but that Kai was able to retain information and pick up info quickly without the benefit of the prep the 2 other centers got, all credit to Kai
    I say combination of both - talent & Kai able to retain information and immediately pick up Tab's system. Do you think if Kai's talent is just in the same level as that of Isaac Go or a Kemark Cariño, he would earn Tab's trust & confidence to field him in the very first game of the 3rd window?

I'm surprised Heading isn't in the line up for the 1st Korea game. I'm betting the "injury" is just a way to hide him for the 2nd Korea game.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    I say combination of both - talent & Kai able to retain information and immediately pick up Tab's system. Do you think if Kai's talent is just in the same level as that of Isaac Go or a Kemark Cariño, he would earn Tab's trust & confidence to field him in the very first game of the 3rd window?
    People are missing the point, obviously Kai is more talented than other local centers, but the reason there was some "doubt" if Kai was to be included in the 1st game was because of his lack of preparation, unlike the 2. It wasn't because Kai was less talented that their was concern or doubt, but lack of preparation with the team..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Chinese Taipei nike jerseys looks cool also, one things sure ours look overdone (in my eyes only)
    the contrast in colors for CTs jerseys look cool yup.. but i disagree, i may be in the minority but i really like our jerseys despite it belonging to the general templated nike jerseys for national teams.. it has a unique character amongst all jerseys (well, Korea and China are still using the previous designs which is weird for China because they always get the latest and unique styles)..

but what i like about our jerseys are 2 things.. one is the use of YELLOW.. I have been looking forward always in incorporating yellow in our jerseys as they are integral and important in our flag being the 3 stars and a sun (which really is the unique signature in our flag amongst the rest).. and secondly, the 3STARS AND A SUN.. what a way to incorporate the design of our flag in our jerseys... and that makes our jerseys unique among the NIKE family countries..

i just wished we had our signature font..

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post
    I'm surprised Heading isn't in the line up for the 1st Korea game. I'm betting the "injury" is just a way to hide him for the 2nd Korea game.
    If the plan is to play all 15 players at least 1 game, it is unavoidable that a core top 10 rotation player will miss a game to insert one of the " 3 reserve alternate players " for at least 1 game. Heading not being 100% today made it sensible that this is the day he will be excluded to rest.

Where are the playmakers? Tab doesn't need point guards?1

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Where are the playmakers? Tab doesn't need point guards?1
    Aren't you aware that Matt Nieto is injured?

RJ Abarrientos & SJ Belangel are natural point guards

LeBron Lopez, Jordan Heading and Geo Chiu will make their Gilas Senior debut against Indonesia

https://t.co/CD9U3Fi0Jf?amp=1

People are missing the point, obviously Kai is more talented than other local centers, but the reason there was some "doubt" if Kai was to be included in the 1st game was because of his lack of preparation, unlike the 2. It wasn't because Kai was less talented that their was concern or doubt, but lack of preparation with the team..
    My point is, Kai is there for the very 1st game becoz of his level of skills & his ability to adopt & assimilate with Tab's system quickly. One without the other would mean not earning coach Tab's confidence to field Kai in the very 1st game.

The consensus is, Kai is just good a player not to be fielded in any of the 3 games in the 3rd window even as he only have a very few days to learn coach Tab's system. Remember that there was some sort of contempt from some Pinoy fans with the possibility that coach Tab might not field Kai at all in the 3rd window. And that is becoz Kai is just too good a player to be left out.

FIBA Asia Qualifiers is back and some of us who are lurkers are back also... Let us see how our young Gilas compete against one of Asia's Best.. Good luck Gilas!
    “When we are saying this cannot be accomplished, this cannot be done, then we are short-changing ourselves. My brain, it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I have to sit there and face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure,’ I think that is worse, that is almost worse than death.”

- Kobe Bryant

Rest in Peace Mamba..

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    What happened to IBN?

Anyway, good thing its now back to regular programing.

I think most of us are a bit surprised that Kai is in the 12-man roster for the 1st game vs. Korea. But as for me, what I'm more surprised is Jordan Heading's non-inclusion in the 12-man roster vs. Korea in the 1st game. I I thought it would be RJ Abarrientos who would not be in the roster vs. Korea.
    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...-a793-20210615
    ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Some say its the most raw senior nt ever (Gilas Era), but I think this team looks deeper than the Gilas 1 (2010 pre asian games version) of Rajko Toroman (as years go by, history will be kind to rajko)

Forget Gilas V it has Arnold Van Opstal as top big, that doesnt count
    AVO just started an OnlyFans account. lol
    ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    AVO just started an OnlyFans account. lol
    oblyfans could be a good career option for ex pba players with no employable skills hahah

Chinese Taipei nike jerseys looks cool also, one things sure ours look overdone (in my eyes only)
    red and blue stripes on the side is cool but the 3 stars and the sun (plus the triangle) should have not been placed near the armpit, the hell
    #GoUSTe, #AnimoLaSalle #PadayonUP

I am not rely surprised Kai is inserted against korea.

The only 2 guys we have who can contain atleast Ricardo 1 on 1 are Kai and Ange.

I will Live and Die with letting Ratliffe inside, than to double him and live and die with 3pt shots of Korean Snipers.

As for talent and preparation thing.

Sir analyzed/dadmiral, Kai's picking up the system quickly is a talent right?, Or you are considering it as an I.Q.

Kai was a necessity. His slot was not really in danger and they were just milking the buzz around Kai's non-guaranteed inclusion. I think Tab will still a little bit consider his ego. Kai's usage will depend on how will we fare against SK. If we will have a hard time, then expect a much higher burn time for Kai. I am expecting a 20minute playing time tomorrow. Kai is gradually turning into the Rudy Gobert' bodied player I envisioned him to be.

Kai could easily assimilate and adjust to the system. His issue would just be chemistry. Pinaglaruan lang emotions natin ng MVP group. Madami pangnagaway!haha Sinabay kasi yung paglabas ng advertisement. Anticlimactic masyado if may ads then binangko. Di maganda publicity sa ads nila. tsaka kailangan ng Gilas si Kai di na kailangan yan isugarcoat. di nila yan pinursue pinauwi kung di kailangan. Matutulad lang ka JDGL if di nila gusto.

Yes IQ is a talent, let's just say the concern on whether Kai should play in 1st game was because of his lack of time with the team and not his abilities or talent. Anyway bottom line is that concern was addressed by Kai in recent days.. Gilas has always maintained there is no guarantee he would play and they would play it by ear, ( meaning will be decided when they see Kai in practice and how he responds to information)

Page 720 of 855 FirstFirst ... 220620670710718719720721722730770820 ... LastLast