Page 713 of 855 FirstFirst ... 213613663703711712713714715723763813 ... LastLast
Results 14,241 to 14,260 of 17098

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

2020 and 2021 KBL MVP Heo Hoon and Song Kyo Chang will not be part of this Korean team. It is basically a young team which is very beatable if Kai plays. Lee Dae Sung & Lee Seong Hyun of Goyang Orions, Jeon Seong Hyun and Moon Seong Gon of Anyang KGC are the only considered veterans.
    Last edited by shakenblake; 06-13-2021 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    So what's the expectation for Tab, in this window? If he loses both Korean games ?what's the reaction
    I won't be losing sleep if we lose both games vs. Korea. What would frustrate me is if we lose against Indonesia.

Wag lang tayong matambakan b
    ng Korea in any of the 2 games, I'm fine with it. As I've said, our current Gilas team is still very much in progress. We still have 2 years to improve & develop.

I know most of the average Pinoy basketball fans would be disappointed if we lose both our games vs. Korea. Yung iba dyan eh kung ano ano na naman ang sasabihin like "Dapat kasi PBA players nalang ang pinadala"
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    I agree with the talent part too. I have a good feeling about the young guys though. I want them to exceed the ceiling of Gilas 2.0.

As for PBA, yes, they're our best players currently, but the main question is availability.
    I think this is debate between talent vs. cohesion. You put PBA players in there & you improve the talent level of the squad but its going to disrupt the cohesion/chemistry of the team. The thing is, chances are, not much time would be allotted to the PBA reinforcements to train with Gilas, hence the PBA reinforcements would disrupt Gilas cohesion by a certain extent. So it boils down to the question of how much improvement of talent the PBA reinforcements will bring versus how much of a disruption their entry to the team would cause.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

I just watched the replay of the Iran-Qatar match in OneSports. I think if there's any bright spot for Qatar in last night's game, then its got to be the Bosnian 7-foot young center Meho Haracic who finished with 17 pts.

I agree with the talent part too. I have a good feeling about the young guys though. I want them to exceed the ceiling of Gilas 2.0.

As for PBA, yes, they're our best players currently, but the main question is availability.
    Ray Parks
    Kiefer Ravena
    Matthew Wright
    RR Pogoy
    CJ Perez

They are the only 5 pba players that I think is still in consideration for 2023. Especially kiefer.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    I think this is debate between talent vs. cohesion. You put PBA players in there & you improve the talent level of the squad but its going to disrupt the cohesion/chemistry of the team. The thing is, chances are, not much time would be allotted to the PBA reinforcements to train with Gilas, hence the PBA reinforcements would disrupt Gilas cohesion by a certain extent. So it boils down to the question of how much improvement of talent the PBA reinforcements will bring versus how much of a disruption their entry to the team would cause.
    I actually disagree, I think this team is far more talented than most pba teams. The average height of the team is already big for the pba, Koame is being scouted by the Bucks. Kai is a potential nba prospect and is going to play in NBL, Dwight , lebron, Tamayo. In terms of talent, the potential it has to better than past national teams

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    I actually disagree, I think this team is far more talented than most pba teams. The average height of the team is already big for the pba, Koame is being scouted by the Bucks. Kai is a potential nba prospect and is going to play in NBL, Dwight , lebron, Tamayo. In terms of talent, the potential it has to better than past national teams
    Yes.

But adding the likes of Rayray, Pogoy, Kiefer, CJ, and wright can even more increase the talent.

But yun nga the availability is main concern.

As for talent:

Kai> any pba big
    Kouame> a lot of pba bigs

But TALENT WISE, I think

Rayray≥ Dwight
    Wright> Javi
    Kiefer > Nieto
    CJ> Heading

Having said that, I dont want to include pba players if they are last minute hugots

The talent part, that's almost exactly what I think. The potential is there. Ang kailangan lang, it has to be realized, which I personally think they will.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    I won't be losing sleep if we lose both games vs. Korea. What would frustrate me is if we lose against Indonesia.

Wag lang tayong matambakan b
    ng Korea in any of the 2 games, I'm fine with it. As I've said, our current Gilas team is still very much in progress. We still have 2 years to improve & develop.

I know most of the average Pinoy basketball fans would be disappointed if we lose both our games vs. Korea. Yung iba dyan eh kung ano ano na naman ang sasabihin like "Dapat kasi PBA players nalang ang pinadala"
    Sus, ginoo. They don't get that the point is to develop the players. While I also want to win against SoKor (I have this mentality of 'kung hindi sa music, sa basketball naman'), the main point is exposure and development. I want to see Gilas give it back SoKor. Make them taste defeat.

A lot of Filipinos don't know when to exercise short-term v. long-term mentality, e (well as for poor people, ibang usapan na 'yan, wala silang choice unless sinwerte).

I still believe that talent & experience wise Kiefer is better than any of the cadet point guards. I think CJ Perez (if SMC sllows him to play) is better than any of the 2-guards of the cadet pool. I also would like Matt Wright to be there. Wright has the skills & FIBA experience going for him.

All these if only these PBA reinforcements are given considerable period to train with the Gilas team. Becoz if limited time lang ang magiging training nila sa team then they will just disrupt the chemistry/cohesion of the team.

Question is how much of an upgrade in talent & experience this PBA reinforcements as against how much hazzard they'll bring to the team becoz of limited time they are given to assimilate with the Gilas system.

Sus, ginoo. They don't get that the point is to develop the players. While I also want to win against SoKor (I have this mentality of 'kung hindi sa music, sa basketball naman'), the main point is exposure and development. I want to see Gilas give it back SoKor. Make them taste defeat.

A lot of Filipinos don't know when to exercise short-term v. long-term mentality, e (well as for poor people, ibang usapan na 'yan, wala silang choice unless sinwerte).
    Well you know naman the way of thinking of the majority of Pinoy basketball fans.

The problem is we develop every year just for them to turn pro and not anymore available in all tournaments. Thats is still an issue with the current Gilas pool.

Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    The problem is we develop every year just for them to turn pro and not anymore available in all tournaments. Thats is still an issue with the current Gilas pool.
    Japeth aguilar has been a mainstay of the team..its only marcio lassiter was sought after that was not allowed by hjs team.. they develop its just that there are other players that can replace them.once they go pba
    If we go next batch wright, cbc and pogoy and if you count cj perez was a mainstay of the team..ang problema was the old pool in 2016 was scrapped
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Hopefully we get 5 players from this batch outside of kai and kouame happy na me..I like kquiam on the team although he might not fit with tab style yet

Well see if guam is for real later

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Well see if guam is for real later
    Against Hong Kong? Please. Hehe

Rangel is cut.

Neo is right. Only 15 players allowed in the pool

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3501...4841061589780/ (Aj edu group)

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    Against Hong Kong? Please. Hehe
    We can still see players if its legit ornot even if opponents is hong kkng makikita naman yun sa caracas ng player..eh nasukat nga natin na dwight ramos is for real against indonesia and thailand

And uaap ncaa teams and pba teams are salivating on some of guam prospects

Guam vs. Hong Kong now on One Sports plus

For ofw members... Guam v hong Kong

https://www.facebook.com/11038216447...0432306882030/

Page 713 of 855 FirstFirst ... 213613663703711712713714715723763813 ... LastLast