Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
    Not every player can be the star players (main guys of the team

They say the idea is to be a star for your role. That's the best main guy, best compliment starter, best bench, best cheer leader.. Etc.

If your best 2 players play in foreign leagues (like Kai and Clarkson) then next best is a NP , then you have 2 to 3 cadets who are envision to be future PBA stars (Dwight, Baltazar, Kobe etc).
    That's 6 players of your main rotation already.

It makes no sense to fill your bench player with PBA players who's availability to practice is limited. You want team system guys familiar with the system, not hugot players as you 8th to 12th man
    And that's the reason why I said PBA's role will be only supplementary - to fill in what the Gilas needs or lacks. In short, they will just be reinforcements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
      What I see as the alternative for SBP is to play Gilas as a regular team in PBA or other foreign leagues the way New Zealand Breakers is doing.

During the last year's FIBA World Cup, Tall Blacks fielded 5 players from NZ Breakers.

NZ Breakers, IMO, is the de facto core of Tall Blacks.
      It's feasible to field a team of
      Kouame
      Go
      Dwight
      Thirdy
      Matt
      1GDL

As an official league team or long term tour team
      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

If it is just me for February if Kouame is available, I would only get Parks from the PBA, to keep the chemistry.

This team suprisingly had a lot of assist and impressive enough plays they could execute.
        You want continuity with as little disruption as possible..

There is enough talent if the team is reinforced with Kouame and Parks
        BRP jr. and a veteran point guard from PBA(maybe 35 years old Jason William)..

Comment

• Noli Eala @NoliEala 4m
          Heard from a reliable source that Kouame will be naturalized very soon in time for the 3rd window of the FA Cup Qualifiers in Feb.
          Ako si ma4ma before. Naging simple na lang po ako.

Comment

It's feasible to field a team of
            Kouame
            Go
            Dwight
            Thirdy
            Matt
            1GDL

As an official league team or long term tour team
            The Gilas Cadets (Go, Dwight, Matt, 1GDL, Javi, Kobe, Oftana, Balty, Suerte, Bulanadi) + Kouame, Ineligible and another NP prospect.
            Attack
            defend
            Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
              Looking back at the 2016 Olympics, 3 of the 4 semifinalists had this composition:

- Australia - 9 players playing overseas, 3 from NBL
              - Serbia - 9 players playing overseas, 3 from Serbian league
              - Spain - 5 players playing overseas, 7 from Liga Endesa (Spain domestic league)

Then look also the top 4 teams in last year's world cup:

- Spain - 4 players playing overseas, 9 from Liga Endesa
              - Argentina - 9 players playing overseas, 3 from Argentina league
              - France - 11 players playing overseas, 1 from French league
              - Australia - 6 players playing overseas, 6 from NBL.

Why I am saying this?

Their domestic leagues just play suplementary roles to their national teams. This was the case with our Gilas 1.0 - PBA was just playing a back up role by lending 4 of its players. The domestic leagues just fill in what their national teams need.
              Spain’s domestic league Liga Endesa is the second best basketball league behind NBA. Majority of good international players are playing there if there are no takers for them in NBA..

Comment

• OT: Kelan ba yung Asian Games? Is it 2021, I hope that everything is fine already by that time.We could add ineligible guys but it would disrupt the development of the cadets.

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                  OT: Kelan ba yung Asian Games? Is it 2021, I hope that everything is fine already by that time.We could add ineligible guys but it would disrupt the development of the cadets.

2022 in china
                  Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Angelo Kouame, Bobby Ray Parks Jr. and Jason Castro plus the core of the team that played against Thailand for the next window..

Bigmen: Angelo Kouame, Isaac Go and Justine Baltazar

Combo forward: Kobe Paras, Javi Gomez de Liaño

Wingmen: Dwight Ramos, Clavin Oftana, BRP Jr. and Suerte

Combo guard: Juan GDL

Point guard: Matt Nieto and Jason Castro

First Five:

Kouame 6’11
                    Baltazar 6’7
                    Dwight Ramos 6’4
                    BRP Jr. 6’3
                    Jason Castro

2nd Five:

Go 6’8
                    Paras 6’6
                    Oftana 6’4
                    Suerte 6’1
                    Nieto 5’11

Javi GDL 6’4
                    Juan GDL

Reserve: Cariño 6’8, Will Navarro 6’5 and Allyn Bulanadi 6’1

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                      Angelo Kouame, Bobby Ray Parks Jr. and Jason Castro plus the core of the team that played against Thailand for the next window..

Bigmen: Angelo Kouame, Isaac Go and Justine Baltazar

Combo forward: Kobe Paras, Javi Gomez de Liaño

Wingmen: Dwight Ramos, Clavin Oftana, BRP Jr. and Suerte

Combo guard: Juan GDL

Point guard: Matt Nieto and Jason Castro

First Five:

Kouame 6’11
                      Baltazar 6’7
                      Dwight Ramos 6’4
                      BRP Jr. 6’3
                      Jason Castro

2nd Five:

Go 6’8
                      Paras 6’6
                      Oftana 6’4
                      Suerte 6’1
                      Nieto 5’11

Javi GDL 6’4
                      Juan GDL

Reserve: Cariño 6’8, Will Navarro 6’5 and Allyn Bulanadi 6’1
                      Gilas needs to move on from Jayson Castro bro. Time for the young guys to get the time and experience

Comment

• Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
                        Gilas needs to move on from Jayson Castro bro. Time for the young guys to get the time and experience
                        The Gilas that will play 2 games against South Korea for me still needs a veteran point guard to lead them. Jason knows really well the system of Coach Tab and maybe a payback time for him as the last time he played for Gilas against South Korea, they lost by 32 points in 2017 FIBA Asia..

Comment

• The addition of kouame, blatche, aguilar and parks are enough against the koreans. There's no way go, balti and cariño can stop korean forwards and centers within a year. The cadets also do not have the likes of parks and perez for bailout shooting.

If blatche is not possible, even slaughter will do. The cadets are quite quick and a slow relief center, like a jakrawan, is enough to slow down the koreans too. Such group can already practice within a full 30 man-days in january and february.

Huwag nang umasa sa wala, at mas masahol ang resulta ng kulang sa team praktis at pandakekok na rotation.
                          Last edited by ccharmed; 12-02-2020, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                            Lol up until when kasi bro ganyan kay Kobe? Haha, even guys like Oftana and Javi who are not as highly regarded as Kobe eh maganda ang pinakita.

Gameplay says he is being used as a big man. That's true, majority of his minutes. But keep in mind, Kobe was in a lineup 3rd quarter I think with Baltazar, Cariño and Dwight, so he played SF minutes too but he still just look lost in the court. Think about Gerald Green before he became a sharpshooter, kung bakit nagbounce around sa nba yan and cant get consistent minutes. If Kobe does not have a specialty yung every game aasahan natin that he brings to the table, so far I can't see how he can crack the main lineup for our big tournaments.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                              The Gilas that will play 2 games against South Korea for me still needs a veteran point guard to lead them. Jason knows really well the system of Coach Tab and maybe a payback time for him as the last time he played for Gilas against South Korea, they lost by 32 points in 2017 FIBA Asia..
                              Why not give the chance to Kiefer, no hating bro super idol ko yan si Jayson. But are we going to rely on a guy na puros load management na yung ginagawa on a lower level (PBA). What more against Korea na puro takbuhan sa fast break and puro ikot sa screens. I doubt Jayson wants part of chasing those guys, retire na retire na siya sa Gilas. I think Kiefer and Juan GDL will do. They play bad, we assess. They play good, then good boost of confidence for them for future games.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                                How I love to see that happening if only to compel the PBA to change their ways & be more supportive to the National team cause.
                                Look its not the PBAs fault that over the years our developmental systems couldnt develop even G League level talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information